• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Tony the Tigger

knowing full well the Senate, led by the ignorant twit Mitch McConnell, will not have the votes to remove Trump from office
Why not?

No, really, not the knee-jerk reaction. Think about it. Why is it assumed the Senate won’t have the votes to remove him from office?

Are you saying Republicans can’t look at this objectively, and act like the jurors they’re mandated to be, and vote their conscience instead of their Party?

That’s a pretty bad commentary on Republicans.

“Country First” isn’t just a slogan. The flag isn’t just something you plaster on the back of your pick-up truck and BAM! you’re automatically patriotic for your display.

If it’s a forgone conclusion that Republicans can’t be trusted to take their duty seriously in the name of America, then it is just as much a forgone conclusion they are corrupt. There is no other explanation.

Prince-1

Advertisement
Why not?

No, really, not the knee-jerk reaction. Think about it. Why is it assumed the Senate won’t have the votes to remove him from office?

Are you saying Republicans can’t look at this objectively, and act like the jurors they’re mandated to be, and vote their conscience instead of their Party?

“Country First” isn’t just a slogan. The flag isn’t just something you plaster on the back of your pick-up truck and BAM! you’re automatically patriotic for your display.

If it’s a forgone conclusion that Republicans can’t be trusted to take their duty seriously in the name of America, then it is just as much a forgone conclusion they are corrupt. There is no other explanation.
Sorry but there is zero chance for repubs to find Sharpie guilty at the trial. ZERO!!!

BuddyThomas

Sorry but there is zero chance for repubs to find Sharpie guilty at the trial. ZERO!!!
I agree but I just don’t understand it. If they remove him, they get Pence, who is 100% more conservative than Darth Marmalade, and although I disagree with every single thing Pence stands for, at least he is an adult rather than a demented, screeching infant.

raven24

This has nothing to do with politics, but I thought it was cute and funny, and could possibly lighten the mood here for a sec.

seascape

Why not?

The Democrats are not looking at this objectively either. From election day onward many Democrats said they would vote to impeach Trump. So how can anyone who said they would vote for impeachment before Trump took office be considered anything but biased? This is a joke and everyone knows that. I also believe you will find several Democratic Congressman vote no on impeachment. I guess you say they should be voted out of office for their objectively looking at the facts and reaching their own conclusions.

draybook

One is an active military base where trained armed personnel are present while the other is main purpose is for educated. Unless you want to argue that military bases need to be absolute no gun zones then....

There's also a no personal weapon policy in effect at that installation and most military facilities have highly regulated armories which account for assigned weapons. Seems that he used his service rifle to kill the civilians before killing himself with his service pistol.

That's being said, I guess two civilian workers don't mean as much to you or others as high schoolers? I'm just trying to understand if that was the gist of your message.

BuddyThomas

The Democrats are not looking at this objectively either. From election day onward many Democrats said they would vote to impeach Trump. So how can anyone who said they would vote for impeachment before Trump took office be considered anything but biased? This is a joke and everyone knows that. I also believe you will find several Democratic Congressman vote no on impeachment. I guess you say they should be voted out of office for their objectively looking at the facts and reaching their own conclusions.
You know, I'm so sick of reading crap like this. Do you seriously think that anyone wants to go through the arduous process of impeaching this piece of trash, particularly since the spineless Republicans in the Senate are not going to remove him? The Dems had no choice. If this lunatic gets away with this, then the precedent is set, the wheels are completely off the bus, and any president from here on out can get away with anything he or she wants.

Your orange overlord has brought this on himself, and on the country with his IMPEACHABLE ACTS.

Had he respected the Constitution and the office which he unfortunately holds, NONE of this would be happening.

BuddyThomas

Meanwhile, on Broadway, there is a fairly controversial show playing called SLAVE PLAY. Reviews can be found here:

Anyhooo........the other night, they had an audience talkback after the play, and an absolutely crazy woman lost her mind even further and started screeching at the playwright from the audience, calling it "racist against white people". (Free answer - it is not.)

So then, the same woman joined Broadwayworld.com and started a troll thread about this almost equivalent to Katiebug's Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom thread, but without the whimsy. It is epic, although those mods are probably going to delete the whole thing at any moment because it is so insane. She apparently demanded a refund after she sat through the whole play, and now she says she is going to sue the playwright. She sounds completely and totally demented. Fun times on the Rialto!

draybook

What a baffling and wrongheaded deduction.
Then by all means, explain to me the lack of outrage when it's two civilians at the Pearl Harbor installation or the folks killed at the Halloween party in California as opposed to school students, oh wise one.

draybook

You know, I'm so sick of reading crap like this. Do you seriously think that anyone wants to go through the arduous process of impeaching this piece of trash, particularly since the spineless Republicans in the Senate are not going to remove him? The Dems had no choice. If this lunatic gets away with this, then the precedent is set, the wheels are completely off the bus, and any president from here on out can get away with anything he or she wants.

Your orange overlord has brought this on himself, and on the country with his IMPEACHABLE ACTS.

Had he respected the Constitution and the office which he unfortunately holds, NONE of this would be happening.

Odd, when I bring up former presidents breaking the NDAA, it's crickets from you and them. So which presidents are you expecting to follow the laws and which ones get a pass from you?

draybook

LittleBuford

Then by all means, explain to me the lack of outrage when it's two civilians at the Pearl Harbor installation or the folks killed at the Halloween party in California as opposed to school students, oh wise one.
👇
I don't want to get into the gun-control debate (as @Disney Analyst has noted, it never goes anywhere in this forum), but I would like to say that it's hardly surprising, nor the result of some MSM agenda, that school shootings receive more publicity than others kinds of shootings. We are dealing with the difference between "normal" gun violence of the sort that happens on a daily basis and a rarer, more shocking type involving the last context where one would (or should) expect such carnage.
I think it's unfair to blame the media. Wouldn't you agree that almost all of us are likelier to show more interest in news of a school shooting than in news of, say, the shooting of an innocent person in an armed robbery? Given how many gun-related injuries and deaths there are every single day, how would it even be possible to report or highlight them all? One would need a news channel dedicated to just that topic.

The situation reminds me somewhat of what happened with Notre Dame earlier this year⁠—of course the world was going to pay more attention to that particular conflagration than to the countless (and often fatal) fires that destroy other buildings throughout the world on a daily basis.

Top Bottom