• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

21stamps

This is a humorous article.. but speaks to the ridiculousness the subject deserves.

More importantly though... what happens if feminists and trans start to become foes, which with women under so much inconsideration from the ‘trans community’ its looking more and more like this will be the case.. also goes along with the splintering of the Left these days.. so many people unwilling to compromise that how long can they remain on the same ‘Side’?

Women and Transgenders are Feuding Over the Female Symbol on Maxi Pads or Something

——-

The world gets stranger by the day. 😂 or 😭 I don’t know which one is more appropriate here.

Last edited:

21stamps

Advertisement
No. Saying my interpretation was xyz and then allowing the other person to respond (or not) moves the discussion along much better than giving a pop quiz. The majority of people do not like probing questions, although you obviously do. Nor are they required to answer them - which does not mean that they don't have an answer, but experience has shown that you will keep badgering them in the expectation that eventually you get the answer you are looking for. It seldom works, and is very annoying.
maybe it’s just me who’s ok with answering a question. if I’m asked why I think something or if I think that information provided may be misleading.. I’m more than happy to explain it or answer. I’d rather someone understand my stance (on any particular subject) by my words, questioning them if they aren’t making sense to the person I’m conversing with, as opposed to them just making assumptions about my stance.
No one is required to answer anything though.

Club Cooloholic

So can we say they are terrorists like was tried by some with Antifa, or like Antifa, there are just some extreme individuals and that is what this is a case of?
BTW this reads like a comedy script.

Disney Analyst

My addition to the discussion:

I'm gay... when I lived in Florida for my ICP at Disney I tried Chik-Fil-A... A lot of gays kept wanting to take me there, this foreign Canadian. It was fine, nothing special. Since then obviously things have blown up more, so I doubt i'd eat there, mostly as I don't eat fast food, but I am personally not bothered by what they do... Most corporations are basically evil and hard to avoid everyone.

In terms of things like Salvation Army, back in my Christian youth I used to volunteer and help them create toy boxes for Operation Christmas Child.

As a non-religious Adult, I choose to not support any religious organizations, as I find organized religion to be imbedded with corruption and deceit. People can be religious all they want, but organized religion is a plague on earth IMO. I try to find non-profit charities unrelated to religion to support.

Okbye.

21stamps

Oh, like this:

This is easily summed up:

Catholicism did a number on you. Glad you overcame some of that.

Also, specifically in regard to the last paragraph, the issue is not that you aren't straight, that you should have prayed to be different than you are. The issue as it pertains to theism is that you've got zero rights or claims before a creator, but are assuming some nonetheless.
Catholics do not put such emphasis on Leviticus. It’s so odd that it’s always the go-to book for people when wanting to criticize.

There are religions who do use the teaching in Leviticus a lot more than Catholicism (or any Christian religion ever has, or does currently)

DoubleJ21

BTW this reads like a comedy script.
It does, doesn’t it. LOL! This guy reminds me of the anti-Trump protestor we ran into outside the Toy Story Parking Lot at Disneyland. The guy was a complete loon.

Police announced Sunday that they arrested David Nicholas Dempsey, 32, on a felony charges for allegedly violating his parole, using a prohibited tear gas weapon and assaulting the crowd with a caustic chemical, KTLA reported.
"It was these f------ libtards over here, man," the California man, in a short-sleeve button-down shirt with a marijuana-leaf print, told police in video captured at the protest. "These commies - I didn't do anything."

21stamps

My addition to the discussion:

I'm gay... when I lived in Florida for my ICP at Disney I tried Chik-Fil-A... A lot of gays kept wanting to take me there, this foreign Canadian. It was fine, nothing special. Since then obviously things have blown up more, so I doubt i'd eat there, mostly as I don't eat fast food, but I am personally not bothered by what they do... Most corporations are basically evil and hard to avoid everyone.

In terms of things like Salvation Army, back in my Christian youth I used to volunteer and help them create toy boxes for Operation Christmas Child.

As a non-religious Adult, I choose to not support any religious organizations, as I find organized religion to be imbedded with corruption and deceit. People can be religious all they want, but organized religion is a plague on earth IMO. I try to find non-profit charities unrelated to religion to support.

Okbye.
Thankfully religious charities will carry on continuing to help people of all faiths.
Imagine if they wouldn’t go to certain areas and provide support, because those people didn’t think the same as them. What a sad world that would be.

Disney Analyst

Thankfully religious charities will carry on continuing to help people of all faiths.
Imagine if they wouldn’t go to certain areas and provide support, because those people didn’t think the same as them. What a sad world that would be.
And anyone and everyone is free to support them, and I don't want to restrict that. I just choose not to.

21stamps

And anyone and everyone is free to support them, and I don't want to restrict that. I just choose not to.
Nor do you need to. I just wish that people could reach a place of acceptance And recognition. Accepting that people May not share the same religious/non religious views, but still have the ability to live and let live, and most of all recognize when an organization is helping our fellow humans. Something that should never be seen as an evil that should end.

Nubs70

Catholics do not put such emphasis on Leviticus. It’s so odd that it’s always the go-to book for people when wanting to criticize.

There are religions who do use the teaching in Leviticus a lot more than Catholicism (or any Christian religion ever has, or does currently)
The Levites did make a mean BBQ

LittleBuford

I have to ask you though, as a genuine spiritual question: do you consider the possibility that, rather than accepting God’s path for you, that you are instead giving in to temptation?
To call it temptation is, I think, to imply that sexuality is purely to do with one's sexual desires. That isn't a view I subscribe to. For me at least, being gay has implications well outside the bedroom, just as your being straight is bound up with your overall identity and personality in ways you may not be fully conscious of. One of my most vivid childhood memories is watching a camcorder video of myself as a nine-year-old boy just after we'd returned from our first holiday to the USA (when I first discovered the Disney parks!). I couldn't believe how effeminate I came across and was deeply ashamed of the girly-boy prancing around onscreen: it was like a nightmarish revelation of something of which I'd been entirely unaware up to that point. What I was seeing, of course, was my innate and unchangeable gay self, and though it certainly isn't the case that all gay boys are camp (many aren't), I most certainly was. This clearly had nothing to do with sex—I was still an innocent prepubescent kid—nor was it learned behaviour: I grew up in a traditional (though secular) household with a mother and a father and absolutely no gay role models, whether actual or televisual. Watching that video was a turning point: I spent the the next chunk of my life trying to modify my mannerisms and suppress my growing sense of attraction to other boys, to very little avail, of course.

What I'm trying to say is that my gayness is inseparable from me as a person. It is and has always been a far-reaching and defining aspect of my overall being. I practised celibacy during my closeted years and felt utterly miserable as a result, with sexual frustration being only a minor part of the issue: the real source of my anguish was that I was rejecting and scorning the person I was made to be. Eventually, the lights came on and I realised the futility and stupidity of what I was putting myself through. No all-loving God would want me to choose such a pointless, dispiriting path in life. Such oppression, whether inflicted on oneself or dictated by others, is the very antithesis of divine love.

Last edited:

OneofThree

No all-loving God would want me to choose such a pointless, dispiriting path in life. Such oppression, whether inflicted on oneself or dictated by others, is the very antithesis of divine love.
What we have isn't what was meant to be, or "chosen" for us. By definition, axiological value concerning the eternal isn't located in the temporal.

What's your working definition for "divine love"? How is it best demonstrated? It's ultimate form? Is it selfish? Selfless?

LittleBuford

What's your working definition for "divine love"? How is it best demonstrated? It's ultimate form? Is it selfish? Selfless?
I can best analogise it as the love a parent has for their child. I don't have or want children, but if I did, I would want them to be happy, productive, true to themselves, and considerate of others. I feel loved by God since coming out; I felt alienated from Him before.

21stamps

I actually think many of us are perfectly happy to answer questions (probing or otherwise), so long as we feel they're open and genuinely inquisitive rather than leading or badgering.
Is it possible to consider that some people may feel a question is ‘leading or badgering’ because their own views of people with differing views are badgering and hateful?
That it’s projection more than reality?

If the same people always think that an request for an explanation of a statement., is a “quiz” and not a question within normal discourse, can’t fathom why they’d be expected to go beyond a talking point, then maybe the issue is not with the questions.

LittleBuford

Is it possible to consider that some people may feel a question is ‘leading or badgering’ because their own views of people with differing views are badgering and hateful?
That it’s projection more than reality?

If the same people always think that an request for an explanation of a statement., is a “quiz” and not a question within normal discourse, can’t fathom why they’d be expected to go beyond a talking point, then maybe the issue is not with the questions.
With all due respect, multiple individuals from across the political spectrum have complained to you of your posting style. This should have prompted at least a modicum of self-reflection on your part.

Top Bottom