General political chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

I support peace, but I have ZERO sympathy for the vast majority of the Palestinian population.

Do you know them personally to make such a determination?

That’s a rhetorical question, by the way. I’m not having this particular debate again.

I’ll leave it at something I’ve said many times before: it is wrong and dangerous to make sweeping statements about whole groups of people. History has shown us time and again why this is so; we really ought to know better by now.

LittleBuford

"2011 - Libyan revolution becomes part of the so-called "Arab Spring" authored by the West. Under the guise of bringing "freedom & democracy" to Libya, the CIA destabilized their legitimate, sovereign government. Obama then ordered air strikes against the country. (Wait a minute -we're illegally attacking some foreign nation -shocker). As is our habit, we funded, trained, and armed Al Qaeda jihadists (specifically Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad ) to topple the government. This group became what we now refer to as "ISIS". Through this group, Libyan president Muammar Gaddafi would be executed without a trial (trial for God only knows what). Despite the fact that Libya had the highest standard of living of any country on the continent, the media blitz sold the line that this was a "humanitarian mission". Wonder why they didn't choose to use those resources to combat the ongoing genocide in Nigeria, Sudan, or Congo? Interesting how Benghazi plays into this, but that's a story for another day. Long story short, Libya is now a violent cesspool of a nation. The weapons used to topple Libya were then funneled through Turkey to Syria to be used to overthrow their sovereign government despite the denial of such activity from Washington. Fast forward to Syria. As was the case in Iraq and Afghanistan, we somehow assumed that we could control these lunatics. ISIS became a public relations nightmare and eventually turned back. The US State dept came out and said that we were then only funding "moderate" rebels. WT_ is a moderate rebel lunatic who can't wait to meet his 10,000 virgins? The problem for the US is that the "Free Syria Army" worked hand-in-hand with Al Qaeda, both with the goal of seeing Syria ruled under Sharia. "

Something I wrote previously.

You have your facts confused. Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad (the clue is in the name of its descendant, ISIS: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) originated many hundreds of miles east of Libya in Jordan and then rose to prominence in Iraq following the 2003 invasion of that country. This was years before the ousting of Gaddafi, in whose execution Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad played no role whatsoever. Jihadist groups were, of course, among the players in the Libyan Civil War, and some of them would go on to pledge allegiance to ISIS, but the formation of ISIS itself has nothing to do with Libya.

It should also be noted that some al-Qaeda affiliates in Libya actually opposed IS when it eventually gained a foothold there in 2014, so your conflation of the two groups is likewise inaccurate.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

You can almost bet that the left will do just that, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say as far as Trump ads.
It's like a broken record...."I bet the left will react like this." I think you guys write that crap because you noticed we dont usually react the way you WANT us to.
Next time try posting it and see how we react then type in and laugh, I mean you're revealing the joke without the setup right now.

Club Cooloholic

Disney Analyst

Hey look some unity in Congress finally...

Was about to post this... such a gross mess.

21stamps

Do you know them personally to make such a determination?

That’s a rhetorical question, by the way. I’m not having this particular debate again.

I’ll leave it at something I’ve said many times before: it is wrong and dangerous to make sweeping statements about whole groups of people. History has shown us time and again why this is so; we really ought to know better by now.

I don’t think it’s a requirement to know someone personally. I think signs and dancing and cheering for american deaths, combined with training your children to hate and kill- this doesn’t lead to much sympathy.

does every Palestinian fit that description? Nope.
do too many? Yep.

LittleBuford

I don’t think it’s a requirement to know someone personally. I think signs and dancing and cheering for american deaths, combined with training your children to hate and kill- this doesn’t lead to much sympathy.

does every Palestinian fit that description? Nope.
do too many? Yep.
👇
I’m not having this particular debate again.

Especially not with you.

Tony the Tigger

I mean......he’s just so completely corrupt. I do not have the slightest idea how anyone can still support him and then look themselves in the mirror. It makes no sense.

But you have all these people saying he didn't mean this, he was kidding, "Russia, if you're listening" wasn't serious. Really? Because there's a clear pattern.

If all his stuff was ever examined, can you imagine all the things he's done wrong since even before the election? Is there any doubt as to his utter corruption and defective morality?

Then you have these folks, previously looking down their noses at everyone else from high horses of faux morality, twisting themselves into pretzels to rationalize support for an amoral failure of a human being.

Prince-1

It's funny because it's true. And don't we all agree that anybody with the last name of Trump should just stay off twitter??

Laketravis

As Darth Marmelade loves to say: “We’ll see what happens.”

But hopefully, you might possibly understand why the LGBTQ community is concerned about this.

Of course I understand the concern. I'm still curious why you made the initial comment that you did but refuse to articulate why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony the Tigger

SorcererMC

Even more bad news for Trump & The Swamp Cronies:

Giuliani's clients Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, along with two others (David Correia and Andrey Kukushkin) have been indicted on campaign finance charges for using their Global Energy Producers LLC to conceal the true origin of the funds, Russian 'Foreign National-1'. Their donations were made in order to gain political influence to further their own personal financial interests, and the political interests of at least one Ukrainian official, with whom they were working (they encouraged the removal of Ambassador Yovanovitch). Indictment states that Global Energy Producers LLC in fact had no capital, and was not energy trading, ie it was a shell company to funnel foreign funds into US political campaigns.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6466331/U-S-v-Lev-Parnas-Et-Al-Indictment.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom