• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Willmark

You've decided this is an offence worthy of resignation. Others believe the consequences should be something different.

It's a logical fallacy to state that just because everyone doesn't completely agree with your belief on appropriate consequences, that he's getting a "pass".
Really? Looking over my responses I don't believe I've personally said what should happen one way or another, perhaps you can direct me to my comments to what I think should happen?

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Advertisement
You appear to be angry?

And as of right now he sure is. Here and elsewhere I don't see people calling for him you resign like yesterday. Sure there are a few places here and there on the web, but overall? Overall he's getting a pass because he's very liberal in a country that is seen as along with Western Europe as the pinnacle of civilization. If he wasn't, he would be out of the elections by now/forced to resign.

Had this been someone else?

Go to CNN for example, no longer the lead story and notice their headline, not that Trudeau did something but here are the other who did it as well:

This is less than 24 hours later.
Why the hell would it be the lead story on CNN or any other US news outlet when we have our own crap to worry about, such as that evil bucket of scum in the oval office committing crimes day after day after day?

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Really? Looking over my responses I don't believe I've personally said what should happen one way or another, perhaps you can direct me to my comments to what I think should happen?
Yeah. On the one hand, you are defending blackface, and on the other hand, you are crying that Justin has not resigned. Good lord.

Willmark

Why the hell would it be the lead story on CNN or any other US news outlet when we have our own crap to worry about, such as that evil bucket of scum in the oval office committing crimes day after day after day?
I think you missed the point and yes I do agree we do have "our own crap" to worry about.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
I am? Please point to where I did so, thats a VERY serious charge. I let it go the first time you said it as I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
You people are too freaking much. I have a full time job and I do not have time for your homework assignments. You know exactly what you posted. Scroll back a page or two. It's in and around the one where you were bragging about how you're Italian and you get really tan and put on makeup. Jesus.

Wendy Pleakley

You said that "I don't see people calling for him to resign" followed by "Overall he's getting a pass".

Seems pretty clear that you've equated anything other than resignation as getting a pass.

His actions have been criticized and he's had to apologize. Argue that the consequences thus far aren't enough if you wish, but saying he's getting a pass is a lie.

Willmark

You know exactly what you posted.
Yet apparently you do not and level a charge with no substantiation. For the most part I know exactly what I type.

As I'm searching now, I don't see anything about me being Italian (I burn pretty easy) and I don't recall ever saying anything about putting on makeup outside of the time on Halloween when I was a Martian, in like 7th grade.

Scroll back a page or two. It's in and around the one where you were bragging about how you're Italian and you get really tan and put on makeup. Jesus.
I have and my posts since Sunday do not suggest anything that you claim in your statement. I suggest you retract your comments as I said nothing of the sort as I found your statement to be completely FALSE as usual.

willtravel said:
I can remember in my younger days I would lay outside and (unfortunately) burn my skin to a very dark color. I am Italian. And then put makeup on to look darker. Is that offensive? JMI

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Yet apparently you do not and level a charge with no substantiation. For the most part I know exactly what I type.

As I'm now searching now, I don't see anything about me being Italian (I burn pretty easy) and I don't recall ever saying anything about putting on makeup outside of the time on Halloween when I was a Martian, in like 7th grade.

I have and my posts since Sunday do not suggest anything that you claim in your statemennt. I suggest you retract your comments as I said nothing of the sort as I found your satement to be completely FALSE as usual.

willtravel said:
I can remember in my younger days I would lay outside and (unfortunately) burn my skin to a very dark color. I am Italian. And then put makeup on to look darker. Is that offensive? JMI
Yup. Apologies for the confusion.

LittleBuford

Again, this country was founded by traitors. Seriously, how many times does this need to be repeated?
This makes me wonder how Americans generally feel about monuments to loyalist or British soldiers who fought in the Revolutionary War (I’ve seen a couple in Massachusetts). I’m not being rhetorical, by the way—I’m genuinely curious.

Willmark

His actions have been criticized and he's had to apologize. Argue that the consequences thus far aren't enough if you wish, but saying he's getting a pass is a lie.
Lets see if this will help: should he resign? if not, why not?

Because no matter how much you want to try an ascribe motive I havent said one way or another what I personally think (there's pointing it out a second time).

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Lets see if this will help: should he resign? if not, why not?

Because no matter how much you want to try an ascribe motive I havent said one way or another what I think (there's pointing it out a second time).
You've claimed he's getting a pass. So right back at you - what do you think should be the consequences?

When you say he's getting a pass you ARE saying that you disagree with the consequences thus far.

Willmark

You've claimed he's getting a pass. So right back at you - what do you think should be the consequences?
Sure I'll go first: this is a problem for Canada and Canadians to resolve not the US. There's what I think the consequnces should be, they decide not us.

And commenting on "getting a pass" is a commentary of the reaction of the media here and abroad, not my own, not matter how many times you try to tell me what I'm thinking when I type. Thanks.

Your turn to answer.

Nubs70

This makes me wonder how Americans generally feel about monuments to loyalist or British soldiers who fought in the Revolutionary War (I’ve seen a couple in Massachusetts). I’m not being rhetorical, by the way—I’m genuinely curious.
They fought for their cause at the cost of many lives. They deserve to be remembered.

Wendy Pleakley

Sure I'll go first: this is a problem for Canada and Canadians to resolve not the US. There's what I think the consequnces should be, they decide not us.

And commenting on "getting a pass" is a commentary of the reaction of the media here and abroad, not my own, not matter how many times you try to tell me what I'm thinking when I type. Thanks.

Your turn to answer.
Nobody is telling you what you're thinking. I can only go by the words you've typed. If you don't define what the consequences should be, it's not possible to define what "getting a pass" is.

"He's not being treated appropriately, but I can't tell you what that would look like, he just is!"

Grimley1968

If they behaved with honor, I’m fine with it. In addition to being a war for independence it was also really America’s first civil war. As such, there were heroes and villains on all sides. Thousands of loyalists simply preferred life go on as before, which was pretty good for many.

The exception would be someone like Tarleton. I’d hope that British people could see he was not a contributor to any civilized cause. His behavior should be expressly condemned.

Top Bottom