• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Grimley1968

Advertisement
You can get at least $15 off just by calling and asking “when does my contract end?” That gets you transferred to the person who can cut your bill.

Btw, what’s up with that freaking Scientology channel?
Didn't know there was a Scientology channel. There also is, apparently, a channel just for dogs, too. Unfortunately, a channel with a bunch of classic old shows like Emergency!, etc. is also some kind of religious local channel at other times, meaning I don't get to see other classic shows the main channel offers at other times.

Anyway, I get HBO for free because we're AT&T customers and also a separate $15 discount. We've been with DirecTV so long that we predate the offering of local network affiliates, so we're grandfathered in to get the NYC network affiliates as well as the locals, which comes in handy if I want to watch a TV show without the endless silly weather alerts telling me we might get a thunderstorm sometime in the next 24 hours. NYC affiliates only seem to do weather alerts when there are real weather emergencies there.

As long as DirecTV begins to right their ship with the tech and customer support, and it seems they are despite AT&T's presence, I don't want to rock that boat too much. a) The local cable company has told me they will not service my house (even though that violates their local charter agreement) and b) It sucks.

Grimley1968

I am in the middle of Burn Ban Country right now. Our burn ban should have been issued a couple of weeks ago, IMO, but we finally got one yesterday morning. Yet since then I've seen several people smoking cigarettes outside and then putting their butts out on the sidewalk or just tossed into the street. It's amazing to me that people are so into their own gratification that they think their burning cigarettes are somehow exempt from a burn ban. :mad:

Grimley1968

Remember the Alamo.
This point is sublime, IMO. The fact that they lost this battle and their lives isn't the only thing they had in common with CSA soldiers, but there seems to be little popular resistance to celebrating their valor in battle, even though their cause had some similarity to the CSA's.

Willmark

HE. IS. NOT. GETTING. A. PASS.
You appear to be angry?

And as of right now he sure is. Here and elsewhere I don't see people calling for him you resign like yesterday. Sure there are a few places here and there on the web, but overall? Overall he's getting a pass because he's very liberal in a country that is seen as along with Western Europe as the pinnacle of civilization. If he wasn't, he would be out of the elections by now/forced to resign.

Had this been someone else?

Go to CNN for example, no longer the lead story and notice their headline, not that Trudeau did something but here are the others who did it as well:

This is less than 24 hours later.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

This point is sublime, IMO. The fact that they lost this battle and their lives isn't the only thing they had in common with CSA soldiers, but there seems to be little popular resistance to celebrating their valor in battle, even though their cause had some similarity to the CSA's.
Im sorry you can celebrate traitors all you like, you do love Trump after all.

Willmark

All- I wonder how long it will be before a major news outlet gets suckered by a well done Photo Shop job on a major figure? As of right now yearbooks are providing enough fodder but I think its only a matter of time before the "report first/check facts later" news cycle gets caught like that SF news station did a few years back when they rushed and didn't fact-check the Korean air-crash and read fake names on the air.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of people, especially Americans believe the first thing they hear and refuse to change their mind once "its out there"; afterall its on the internet, must be true according to Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:

drizgirl

You appear to be angry?

And as of right now he sure is. Here and elsewhere I don't see people calling for him you resign like yesterday. Sure there are a few places here and there on the web, but overall? Overall he's getting a pass because he's very liberal in a country that is seen as along with Western Europe as the pinnacle of civilization. If he wasn't, he would be out of the elections by now/forced to resign.

Had this been someone else?

Go to CNN for example, no longer the lead story and notice their headline, not that Trudeau did something but here are the other who did it as well:

This is less than 24 hours later.
"But everyone else was doing it, Mom!"

Wendy Pleakley

You've decided this is an offence worthy of resignation. Others believe the consequences should be something different.

It's a logical fallacy to state that just because everyone doesn't completely agree with your belief on appropriate consequences, that he's getting a "pass".

Top Bottom