• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

raven24

The irony to me is that NOW the left is outraged by the loyalty comment. Not when Omar made it.

Such a strange double standard. Thats just in general and not directed towards you
Maybe it’s because Trump is the POTUS.

I honestly don’t know, but I have noticed on Twitter that some agree with Omar.

Club Cooloholic

Advertisement
A little projection seems to go a long way. You know little to nothing about anyone here, yet you are able to draw a conclusion about them, who they are, what they stand for, etc...

Anything else you care to tell us Dr. Freud?
This from the guy determining TDS for various posters. Sure doc lol.
When am I gonna hear your comparisons to countries with stricter gun laws. You still trying to Google yourself some sort of stat rebuttal or oh maybe a good meme?

aw14

Maybe it’s because Trump is the POTUS.

I honestly don’t know, but I have noticed on Twitter that some agree with Omar.
that's the saddest part.

I went on record in this thread saying what trump was stupid, and he likely misspoke, considering how pro Israel he is. People agreeing with Omar and her anti-semitic tropes are foolish. Its amazing what people will agree with, depending on who or which side says it. Really sad

aw14

This from the guy determining TDS for various posters. Sure doc lol.
When am I gonna hear your comparisons to countries with stricter gun laws. You still trying to Google yourself some sort of stat rebuttal or oh maybe a good meme?
🤣

Why am I worried about another country, when you could not respond to the point about within our own country? Its ok you can't, there is no answer for you to provide. The reason for that, is its not just a gun issue. You are over simplifying (shocking), and not looking to address the pertinent point:

GUNS EXISTED BEFORE THE MASS SHOOTING EPIDEMIC...WHICH TELLS US, ITS NOT THE GUNS, BUT THE MENTALITY OF THE SHOOTERS.

This isn't hard club, its really not complex

Club Cooloholic

🤣

Why am I worried about another country, when you could not respond to the point about within our own country? Its ok you can't, there is no answer for you to provide. The reason for that, is its not just a gun issue. You are over simplifying (shocking), and not looking to address the pertinent point:

GUNS EXISTED BEFORE THE MASS SHOOTING EPIDEMIC...WHICH TELLS US, ITS NOT THE GUNS, BUT THE MENTALITY OF THE SHOOTERS.

This isn't hard club, its really not complex
I have already provided...like cripes nearly half a dozen times proof that one states laws don't mean much when a state or two over the laws are weak.
We are talking about national measures so yeah comparisons to how national measures work in other countries would make sense except then you have no argument so I can see why you don't want to go there.

aw14

I have already provided...like cripes nearly half a dozen times proof that one states laws don't mean much when a state or two over the laws are weak.
We are talking about national measures so yeah comparisons to how national measures work in other countries would make sense except then you have no argument so I can see why you don't want to go there.
Well done ignoring the cap portion 👍

Again, you are also incorrect on state laws and the assumption they dont mean much.

Before I would make a comparison with any other nation (although I am more concerned about the US), there is other information that is required: I would be interested to know the demographic breakdown of the country, the financial status of specific regions of the country, the percentage of the population that is on psych meds, and the doses. Just to name a few.

That said, again, you are over simplifying.

raven24

that's the saddest part.

I went on record in this thread saying what trump was stupid, and he likely misspoke, considering how pro Israel he is. People agreeing with Omar and her anti-semitic tropes are foolish. Its amazing what people will agree with, depending on who or which side says it. Really sad
I think some people expect class to come from such a seat as the POTUS. Some don’t want to hear the POTUS make disrespectful, mean, spiteful, tasteless, classless, ratchet, outrageous, ridiculous comments on social media and in public. But that’s who ya’ll (generally speaking) voted for, so...

I don’t want my boyfriend calling me the “B” word, however I would feel a different type of way if my father were to call me by that term, because he’s my father.

There will always be hypocrisy. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Grimley1968

TBH, I've always found the disloyalty/"voting against their own interests" trope to be a flawed argument, to say the least, when used by anyone. a) It's inherently an argument that comes from a point of view that stereotypes entire races, classes, ethnic groups, etc. b) The person making the flawed argument is attempting to act as the judge of what the monolithic interests are for said groups.

It'd be preferable if no one used it.

There certainly is a double standard in the media response to Trump using it versus Omar. However, that is to be expected when we're talking about POTUS vs. a freshman MOC, even as repugnant as I find her views. The bigger the microphone, the bigger the splash.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Also, you and several others seem to be continuously skipping the fact that this isn't even the first time a sitting president has tried to buy that land.
This point has already been addressed. It’s not so much the what as it is the how. He could have made the offer privately rather than turn the whole thing into a public spat.

draybook

I think some people expect class to come from such a seat as the POTUS. Some don’t want to hear the POTUS make disrespectful, mean, spiteful, tasteless, classless, ratchet, outrageous, ridiculous comments on social media and in public. But that’s who ya’ll (generally speaking) voted for, so...

I don’t want my boyfriend calling me the “B” word, however I would feel a different type of way if my father were to call me by that term, because he’s my father.

The "y'all voted for" argument means nothing since it took the EC to put him in office. Also, class being mentioned in the same sentence as president is a joke. Some of the presidents that much of society consider to be great were truly pieces of 💩. The difference is that they spoke eloquently and soothed your(general you) feelings.

draybook

This point has already been addressed. It’s not so much the what as it is the how. He could have made the offer privately rather than turn the whole thing into a public spat.
I'd disagree. Many people here and in many comment sections have said "he's such a moron" when the news first broke, before he had his tantrum.

aw14

Ill agree, he is crass, and I have gone as far as to call him a 💩 sandwich. That said, the hypocrisy is so over the top.

I hate to say it, but I think if Trump came out tomorrow and said "I love oxygen", a vast majority of dems (some in this thread) would run outside holding their breath ;)

aw14

TBH, I've always found the disloyalty/"voting against their own interests" trope to be a flawed argument, to say the least, when used by anyone. a) It's inherently an argument that comes from a point of view that stereotypes entire races, classes, ethnic groups, etc. b) The person making the flawed argument is attempting to act as the judge of what the monolithic interests are for said groups.

It'd be preferable if no one used it.

There certainly is a double standard in the media response to Trump using it versus Omar. However, that is to be expected when we're talking about POTUS vs. a freshman MOC, even as repugnant as I find her views. The bigger the microphone, the bigger the splash.
I agree, with the extra point that it has been used continuously against Jews for decades. That was part of the reason that Omar should have taken more heat, or even similar heat to Trump

raven24

The "y'all voted for" argument means nothing since it took the EC to put him in office. Also, class being mentioned in the same sentence as president is a joke. Some of the presidents that much of society consider to be great were truly pieces of 💩. The difference is that they spoke eloquently and soothed your(general you) feelings.
Ya’ll still voted him in, regardless.

Your president is a joke, but I digress. Have a good one today.

raven24

Ill agree, he is crass, and I have gone as far as to call him a 💩 sandwich. That said, the hypocrisy is so over the top.

I hate to say it, but I think if Trump came out tomorrow and said "I love oxygen", a vast majority of dems (some in this thread) would run outside holding their breath ;)
Very true. Some people will hate anything he says.

I don’t hate everything he says, but I do hate him. Lots of things he says are funny, but not in a good way. It’s a circus.

aw14

Very true. Some people will hate anything he says.

I don’t hate everything he says, but I do hate him. Lots of things he says are funny, but not in a good way. It’s a circus.
I get it, and at times it is a circus.

I just can't bring myself to hate someone I dont know or interact with. Takes up too much time, effort and headspace

Prince-1

I'd disagree. Many people here and in many comment sections have said "he's such a moron" when the news first broke, before he had his tantrum.
So here is my response to Laketravis from earlier today when he (she??) brought up that another president floated the idea of buying Greenland (I bolded the part that is relevant):

Oh I know it has happened in the past but the way Trump did it is classic. The Truman administration did it under Cold War secrecy and no one learned about it for decades. Trump on the other hand doesn't actually go through proper channels and have his people quietly probe to see if there is any interest to the idea. Nope, he just tweets about it and then gets smacked down by the PM of Denmark and then he goes on an embarrassing man-child rant on how mean and nasty she is. Yep, exactly how Truman did it.
To even try and equate what Truman did and the reasons why and what Trump did is 100% laughable.

And you did get the part right that Trump is still such a moron.

draybook

Ya’ll still voted him in, regardless.

Your president is a joke, but I digress. Have a good one today.

My bosses are jokes. Our CEO is a joke. Our governer is a joke. Our Congress is a joke. Our president can be a joke sometimes and a total a-hole. Somehow, I manage to live on and not throw a tantrum about it. I guess I'm just old fashioned like that. Also, the "your president" bit is about as tired and played out as the race card is. If he's not your president, I take it you've made that other country you've been visiting your permanent place of residence?

Laketravis

Premium Member
So here is my response to Laketravis from earlier today when he (she??) brought up that another president floated the idea of buying Greenland (I bolded the part that is relevant):

To even try and equate what Truman did and the reasons why and what Trump did is 100% laughable.

And you did get the part right that Trump is still such a moron.
You should really give credit to articles you cut & paste your comments from:

"the Truman administration did so under Cold War secrecy and no one learned about it for decades."

Just sayin'.............. :D

Top Bottom