General political chat

Club Cooloholic

Tad bit elitist no? As someone who moved from NY to Pa, your generalizations are 👍🏻 This is part of the reason why discussions turn so quickly. This desire to paint all people who voted 1 way as a fascist, racist or whatever demeaning descriptor you like. Then, once the discussion goes nowhere, the person advocating for those descriptors can feign outrage and how the other side just refuses to want to get things done. Rinse/repeat. 🙄
So AW...look in your heart of hearts...if you took away the folks who voted for Don because they are racists, does he win? Its just one of those ugly truths, a lot of his base are.
I think this is proved out by when Obama came to office, there was a big rise in the libertarian don't tread on me movement. Has Trump done anything to appease the libertarian party? If anything the increase in limitations on immigration, the tariffs, the ballooning deficit should be a call to arms...yet mainly crickets. I can only think a bit of it had to do with Obamas skin color....at least a little.
Edit to this:
Elitist? I hate to say it but I have known well educated people, people from money, with money who were some of the racist SOBs I know. When it comes to Obama, witnessing people tell me,( because I look as caucasian as get out,) why anyone would ever vote for a "N word"?was beyond them. These same people then jumped on Trumps wagon, and I know for a fact many were life long democrats.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Advertisement
Why do you think anyone would be opposed to it? What's their argument?
I am almost assured of it, but see how it would go over in just this forum. They would say you are infringing on their right by having such a requirement.

Disney Analyst

Just reading the last few pages, I do think there’s a difference between someone with a criminal past who likely has connections and a network to get guns illegally, as opposed to some sort of regulation that makes it more difficult to obtain legally which could help deter some of these kids who get guns and shoot up schools or public place with no criminal past.

Criminal gun use is a different can of worms to figuring out how to try and minimize random people no one saw snapping... snapping.

Laketravis

Premium Member
Has Trump done anything to appease the libertarian party? If anything the increase in limitations on immigration, the tariffs, the ballooning deficit should be a call to arms...yet mainly crickets..
I'd really love to discuss those three subjects but I'm pretty confident I'd raise the ire of several individuals who can offer nothing but personal attacks and insults.

Grimley1968

Laketravis

Premium Member
I'm a minority and I assumed it was a fellow minority when it was first reported. Bring your high horse down a notch for us, thanks.
It seems even more ridiculous when taken in context, doesn't it?

"Take away automatic weapons and bone headed white boys won't shoot people"

"I bet this one in Philadelphia isn't a bone headed white boy with an automatic weapon"

"You're prejudical or extremely biased at best"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OneofThree

"We need more laws to address the issue"

"But we already have laws to address the issue and some people break those laws"

"Well you can't stop people from breaking the law"

View attachment 398477
It may be most accurate to say that they have impressed themselves this morning with the ability to repackage the same talking points which have previously been refuted with any number of facts.

Dead2009

It seems even more ridiculous when taken in context, doesn't it?

"Take away automatic weapons and bone headed white boys won't shoot people"

"I bet this one in Philadelphia isn't a bone headed white boy with an automatic weapon"

"You're prejudical or extremely biased at best"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only white men are evil in the eyes of the left.

Disney Analyst

While some of them were flawed, the drove the world and build the best country in history.... Those evil white males.... A thank you would suffice.
Is this supposed to negate the fact that for many many many many many many many hundreds of years they also put into place systems that favoured white men? Oppressing not only white women (their wives), but anyone who was of different origin?

You can be thankful that a country was formed, but also remember the oppression the leaders and culture of the country inflicted on others.

I am a white man, and I know that society favours me.

DoubleJ21

I’m sorry I don’t understand the idea that if something is not 100% effective it deserves 0% consideration.
As I've made clear: I'm not against legislation that MAY help this problem. One of my biggest questions is: when does it end? When there is inevitably another mass shooting, will there be calls for even more? Will people say, "The legislation didn't go far enough"?

Of course, we have a strong Supreme Court at the moment to make sure unconstitutional laws will be struck down, but that won't be the case forever. Further, the left never misses an opportunity to beat down the right with the "moral club of shame."

The Mom

Premium Member
I didn't make any assumptions about the race of the suspect based on the only two pieces of information we had on the individual: (1) it was a male, (2) they were present at the home where the narcotics warrant was executed. You on the other hand...
My local news identified the area . People familiar with the area (my husband, for one) knew that there was a very slight chance that the shooter would turn out to be white. Possible, but not probable. Just as if it had occurred on Society or Chestnut Hill, or anywhere along the Main Line, it would have been more likely to be a white shooter.

Disney Analyst

Perhaps but that favor (US spelling) is diminishing each and every day. In fact, you are almost under attack.
It may feel that way to some, but the reality is we are really not under attack. The systems in place will still favour us for a long time to come. The only reason some feel attacked is because more people are getting equality, and more people are calling out ding bats for being idiots.

Top Bottom