• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

HoldenC

I corrected the typo, but still...
How many lawful Americans right now in their home have enough weapons and fire power that if they wished could instantly become a one-man militia? No planning needed, no restrictions, just one bad day and something in their brain snaps.
And what happens when an entire group of well armed Americans forms a 21st Century Militia because they’ve decided they’ve had enough (of what, I’m not sure, let’s say women in Star Wars)?
That is some great fan-fiction buddy 🤯

HoldenC

Advertisement
should the Bill of Rights be adjusted
To even ask that suggests a serious misunderstanding of the foundations that hold this amazing nation together. The Bill of Rights will never be amended, no matter how desperately liberals moan about it being "out of date"

OneofThree

So here's a Canadian question for American's... should the Bill of Rights be adjusted as time goes on and the future changes? Is there no room for slight adjustment anywhere? Is it set in stone, the values from way back when? Just curious, I am not advocating changing your countries values, but it also seems strange to not be willing to rewrite or adjust things as time goes on.
One of the most interesting things, from a historical perspective, is that the Bill of Rights almost didn't make it into the final draft of the constitution. This was hotly deliberated. Although all of the founders agreed that rights did not emanate from government or the document itself, the differed as to the function of enumeration. Those who opposed inclusion never wanted this notion misconstrued. Those in favor felt the inclusion would function to enlist gov't in securing the rights enumerated. In either case however, they never viewed the list as exhaustive. Likewise, it is beyond the purview of the document to establish, abolish, or "retool" rights in a manner consistent with your suggestion.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Still respected among the world, to those who think that matters.
Stupid international relations experts, stupid American public, and stupid pesky facts:

“International relations experts and U.S. public agree: America is less respected globally”

scorp16

So let me get this straight. Hong Kong is about to face down the largest army in the world. A pedo committed suicide while on suicide watch with no camera recording, and a "replacement" guard on duty just a short time after his cellmate was removed from his cell. And Russia nuked itself.

But Fredo Cuomo steals the spotlight? Go figure.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
So here's a Canadian question for American's... should the Bill of Rights be adjusted as time goes on and the future changes? Is there no room for slight adjustment anywhere? Is it set in stone, the values from way back when? Just curious, I am not advocating changing your countries values, but it also seems strange to not be willing to rewrite or adjust things as time goes on.
It’s a matter of opinion if the Constitution should be adjusted. There’s a process laid out to make amendments to the Constitution that require more than a mere change in thinking. That process is intentionally devised so any adjustment cannot be made easily.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
To even ask that suggests a serious misunderstanding of the foundations that hold this amazing nation together. The Bill of Rights will never be amended, no matter how desperately liberals moan about it being "out of date"
Are you aware that the Bill of Rights has already been amended multiple times?

Disney Analyst

As my fiancee is Canadian, I just find it interesting how you present your country on these forums when the narrative I hear from him is vastly different. There is a reason he is choosing to move to Florida with me and not have me move there
I mean, in the end everyone has different experiences that shape their world view. His experience in Canada can be vastly different then many Canadians, and the same for anyone in any country.

OneofThree

Stupid international relations experts, stupid American public, and stupid pesky facts:

“International relations experts and U.S. public agree: America is less respected globally”

I know you'd like to believe this reduces to a Trump problem. While his antics may contribute significantly, the media, pundits, Congressional whores, and the ignorant people with social media platforms are equally problematic.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
I know you'd like to believe this reduces to a Trump problem. While his antics may contribute significantly, the media, pundits, Congressional whores, and the ignorant people with social media platforms are equally problematic.
If Trump wasn’t behaving like a psychopath, “the media, pundits, Congressional whores, and the ignorant people with social media platforms” would be talking about other stuff.

Willmark

@Willmark and some of the others have been just as offended over what most would call trivial or non existent things to.

I can’t recall every using the @ to directly call you out yet you seem to do it regularly. I’m truly impressed you’re such a fan, albeit a bit like a creeper.

Yet time and again you try to bait me, news flash as I’ve told another poster here who tried the same thing, it won’t work, but hey keep trying if you want

For nearly a year (or at least since the start of 2019) I’ve shown a fair amount of restraint and not sure why. I point out your behavior and you’ve walked back comments only to continue again at a later point. Like here once again. You must think you’re being edgy, you might even think you’re upsetting me somehow? Far from it, as I pointed out in another thread it amounts to low grade trolling nothing substantive.

So hence forth any response you make to me will be treated as a such and dismissed out of hand. I’m ready if you are and stubborn enough to go on for years calling it out, so good luck.

Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoubleJ21

Yes, Buddy. Amendments have been made to the Constitution. No amendments have been made that in any way alter the first 10 amendments, also known as the Bill of Rights. You said, I quote:
Are you aware that the Bill of Rights has already been amended multiple times?

Top Bottom