• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Club34

It just makes me laugh how the usual suspects on here are trying to nail Clinton with this while completely ignoring or excusing Trump’s own long association with Epstein.
Well, its the reason I declared just a little while ago that I no longer care about whataboutism. Everyone does it. No one is going to stop. So why not reserve the right for myself to engage if I see the need to. What is of most concern to me regarding trump, his behavior, and his sycophants is the apparent scientific law that these folks, literally, will look the other direction if he, in fact, shoots someone on 5th Avenue. And aren't we inching our way to this with all the other behavior? What is going on right now is not normal. And it has little to do with policy.

If a leader or person I happened to like gets caught up in bad behavior or something then that is unfortunate. It has nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with most people as most people did not have anything to do with the bad behavior in question. But the trump phenomenon is far beyond. trumpnation thinks he doesn't lie. trumpnation thinks the Mueller report exonerated him. Can you imagine if Obama's name was on a Mueller report?

There is also a complete lack of civility towards citizens who voluntarily put themselves up for election.
Please remember, a large swath of the country endorsed this bad behavior standard by electing trump. trump set his own standard for this lack of civility when he dogged the last president for the entirety of his terms. @aw14 once said on the forum, if you dislike trump, get someone elected. I have no argument against this. He is correct. It is the easiest and most effective way to rid yourself of a political foe. BUT, there is a flip side to this. If you don't like people dumping on trump like they are, then elect someone without the baggage. Elect someone who doesn't do the work for the so-called liberal legacy press to be dumped on. I don't feel sorry for trump in the least. And the vast majority of the criticism is more than earned.

The government and it's leaders are given too much importance and we should all be more concerned with our own lives and responsibilities.
I can agree with you here BUT our so-called leaders are a reflection of ourselves [or so said our lord, George Carlin]. If we are disappointed in what it has all become [politically] then the problem is us. Saying otherwise is blaming some phantom menace and absolving us of responsibility. Further, we do not just live our own lives. Our lives, our existences touch others and are dependent on others so saying that we should just 'head down' and soldier on is a bit misleading and not what really happens in the world. I would propose the experiment of self governance here on the forum- starting with the behavior of how we treat each other. That should tell you where we're headed and what we are capable of.

aw14

Please remember, a large swath of the country endorsed this bad behavior standard by electing trump. trump set his own standard for this lack of civility when he dogged the last president for the entirety of his terms. @aw14 once said on the forum, if you dislike trump, get someone elected. I have no argument against this. He is correct. It is the easiest and most effective way to rid yourself of a political foe. BUT, there is a flip side to this. If you don't like people dumping on trump like they are, then elect someone without the baggage. Elect someone who doesn't do the work for the so-called liberal legacy press to be dumped on. I don't feel sorry for trump in the least. And the vast majority of the criticism is more than earned.
I’ll be honest, I dumped on trump on this forum today. That’s why I have said numerous times, I am sometimes trump. By the same token, I was sometimes Obama. When they do things I agree with, I give them credit, When they do things I don’t agree with, I make that known as well. The biggest difference for me is I actually voted for Obama in 2008.

I don’t understand the left on this though. He is an easily defeatable candidate, but they keep fighting amongst themselves, and putting people who are completely unlikable in positions of power. It’s almost as if losing is the goal. HRC is the prime example.

Club Cooloholic

I’ll be honest, I dumped on trump on this forum today. That’s why I have said numerous times, I am sometimes trump. By the same token, I was sometimes Obama. When they do things I agree with, I give them credit, When they do things I don’t agree with, I make that known as well. The biggest difference for me is I actually voted for Obama in 2008.

I don’t understand the left on this though. He is an easily defeatable candidate, but they keep fighting amongst themselves, and putting people who are completely unlikable in positions of power. It’s almost as if losing is the goal. HRC is the prime example.
Who I must have missed that "dump on trump" where you strongly called him out. Was it so critical it got deleted?
BTW- fo answer your earlier question...the Democrats have several people that represent us, but one must still defer to our highest ranked officials, not who gets the most news. When a candidate emerges from the primary that person will be doing the repping, as for Republicans, yeah it's trump and Amy who don't follow his line learn to do so quick, or find themselves ostracized.

aw14

Who I must have missed that "dump on trump" where you strongly called him out. Was it so critical it got deleted?
BTW- fo answer your earlier question...the Democrats have several people that represent us, but one must still defer to our highest ranked officials, not who gets the most news. When a candidate emerges from the primary that person will be doing the repping, as for Republicans, yeah it's trump and Amy who don't follow his line learn to do so quick, or find themselves ostracized.
Lol...you are too predictable.

I criticized his ridiculous tweets. The guy is still a 💩 sandwich, but is the president until at least 2020. At the rate it’s going, my money is on 2024.

In terms of the dems, they are publicly in a circular firing squad. Today is a prime example. Not a good look.

21stamps

Wow. No.

Luckily for this country, Politics are not as simplified as you present them to be. This is just..wow.

scorp16

The Democrats do have good ideas at time. I think the problem is - those that do, no longer have a voice in the party.

Case in point: Immigration. Had the Democrats come out and said, yes, we agree that there is a problem at the border. But we think there are more humane and effective ways to deal with it rather than building a wall - I'd be all ears.

Instead, it seems the policy they are hitching their wagon to is: "Let 'em all in and we'll get the tax payers to pay for everything". Not a lot of people listening on that one (Or should I say, its not quite having the desired effect)

21stamps

The Democrats do have good ideas at time. I think the problem is - those that do, no longer have a voice in the party.

Case in point: Immigration. Had the Democrats come out and said, yes, we agree that there is a problem at the border. But we think there are more humane and effective ways to deal with it rather than building a wall - I'd be all ears.

Instead, it seems the policy they are hitching their wagon to is: "Let 'em all in and we'll get the tax payers to pay for everything". Not a lot of people listening on that one (Or should I say, its not quite having the desired effect)
The crazy thing to me, is at one time I was extremely conflicted over the Patriot Act.. and Homeland Security.. a huge part of me did not want it at all.. the other part, thought that it was necessary to prevent another 9/11.

None of those thoughts, and none of the arguments between those “for” or “against” (within a party and between parties) were ever based on anything close to open border policy, or even lax border policy.

Now we see cries for “Abolish Homeland Security!” “Abolish Ice!”- for completely different reasons than what the debate was in the early and mid 2ks

It’s like literally watching the most stupid people trying to run things. It is so bad that even the Democratic Party is starting to admit how ignorant these people are.

I don’t know what will come of it, but I have to believe that Reason outweighs the Stupid.. even when the “reasonable” disagree on the details of what’s best for the USA.

21stamps

Regarding my statement above-

Note the use of “The Democratic Party” and not the word “Democrats” in the post.

Hopefully this will prevent an onslaught of confused comments over the next 5 pages.

Club Cooloholic

Lol...you are too predictable.

I criticized his ridiculous tweets. The guy is still a 💩 sandwich, but is the president until at least 2020. At the rate it’s going, my money is on 2024.

In terms of the dems, they are publicly in a circular firing squad. Today is a prime example. Not a good look.
I missed that. Sorry

SteveBrickNJ

I am at a hotel in Asia. As I post this it is Friday morning here. My wife and daughter are sleeping late but since it is almost 8am I have had enough sleep. Anyone on this forum willing to tell me what are the major or even minor things that have happened in America while I have been in Asia? We flew out July 3rd.

Top Bottom