• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

DoubleJ21

Advertisement
Byyyyeeee. I don’t feel sorry for racists, 16 or not.
Then you should probably despise Harvard’s admissions department.
Community colleges should still be accepting students. Kashuv’s got plenty to choose from.
He’ll probably wait until the next application window opens for 4-year universities and accept an internship in the meantime.

Quinnmac000

Then you should probably despise Harvard’s admissions department.

He’ll probably wait until the next application window opens for 4-year universities and accept an internship in the meantime.
Or if he was smart he would've had a safety school like the million of other college applicant. Rule 1....always have a backup plan

DoubleJ21

Or if he was smart he would've had a safety school like the million of other college applicant. Rule 1....always have a backup plan
Most acceptance deadlines for larger universities have already passed for freshman applicants, at least for the fall semester/quarter.

A backup plan doesn’t necessarily include immediate schooling. Heck, taking a gap year is very common in a number of countries.

Last edited:

aw14

Most acceptance deadlines for larger universities have already passed for freshman applicants, at least for the fall semester/quarter.

A backup plan doesn’t necessarily include immediate schooling. Heck, taking a gap year is very common in a number of countries.
I would almost bet that another school is going to come in and try and get him due to the publicity

Willmark

So, who is tuning in for the clown car debates next week?

I know I am.
Not a big enough room in the circus tent for all the clowns so they had to have two shows.

It’s going to be glorious to watch. It’s been enough to say “I’m anti trump” until now. But very soon they’re going to be attacking each other which should be a very interesting watch.

aw14

Not a big enough room in the circus tent for all the clowns so they had to have two shows.

It’s going to be glorious to watch. It’s been enough to say “I’m anti trump” until now. But very soon they’re going to be attacking each other which should be a very interesting watch.
Joe is target #1. The question will be, can he defend himself articulately?

DoubleJ21

Will some form of sense win out? Or will we have a race to see who can espouse the most inane policies? I can’t wait to find out.

Prince-1

Success comes naturally, in fact is virtually guaranteed, to those with a strong work-ethic and high intelligence. All indications suggest that the man has both.

Combined with GPA (a strong indicator of work ethic) the correlation is very strong. Given the use of such parameters in determining accessible opportunities, it is almost certainly a huge causative factor.

If he is interested in such a career, I suspect he will do phenomenally working at a conservative think tank.
I like your big words but saying success comes naturally is a ridiculous statement to make as success does not come naturally at all and is far from being virtually guaranteed...for anyone As for the rest of your hypothesis on the young man I'd say that this is your right wing bias that is coloring those rose tint glasses of yours as the he has not done anything note worthy yet in his life. Could he?? Of course he can but lets not jump ahead like you just did. It's silly.

Prince-1

Test scores do not equal "success in future life".
Oh wait to you see that doublej has already virtually guaranteed his success in life. Why even go to school with 0% chance of failure in life??? I mean the kid can't fail based on his SAT scores. I guess conversely of what doublej said is that students who get below 1000 on their SAT's are virtually guaranteed a doomed a life of mediocrity and failure.

And again let me spell it out for the right wing people who like to jump to some real bad conclusions that this kid can easily be super duper successful but to say that he is "virtually guaranteed" success is flat out stupid and ignorant.

DoubleJ21

I like your big words but saying success comes naturally is a ridiculous statement to make as success does not come naturally at all and is far from being virtually guaranteed...for anyone
Clearly you haven’t looked at the data. The probability that someone in America with high intelligence and a strong work ethic achieves above average financial and emotional success in life is extraordinarily high. This is what is implied by “virtually guaranteed.” I could get struck by lightning today, but it’s virtually guaranteed that I won’t be.
As for the rest of your hypothesis on the young man I'd say that this is your right wing bias that is coloring those rose tint glasses of yours as the he has not done anything note worthy yet in his life. Could he?? Of course he can but lets not jump ahead like you just did. It's silly.
I hardly find it a “jump ahead” to predict that he will achieve great success in his life.

Club Cooloholic

Clearly you haven’t looked at the data. The probability that someone in America with high intelligence and a strong work ethic achieves above average financial and emotional success in life is extraordinarily high. This is what is implied by “virtually guaranteed.” I could get struck by lightning today, but it’s virtually guaranteed that I won’t be.

I hardly find it a “jump ahead” to predict that he will achieve great success in his life.
Some just need a stronger work ethic than others..

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince-1

And now you are "virtually guaranteeing" emotional success for him as well?? Lol. And I am sure he will do just ok in life but I like how you just happen to know the data on this. Just some light reading that you did to prepare for this conversation?? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom