• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

BuddyThomas

Advertisement
You’re seeing what you want to see.

Trump’s a wuss.😂😂😂
The wuussiest wuss of all time. Let's not forget the little wussy got out of military service by claiming "bone spurs".

It would be hysterical if it was not so infuriating that the USA voted that disgusting, corrupt thing into office.

In the meantime, this military loving country has THIS guy running for office. If he were straight, if he did not have a husband, I think it would be a slam dunk. But the homophobes are already swarming. So we will see what kind of power they have against a really fantastic candidate.

raven24

The wuussiest wuss of all time. Let's not forget the little wussy got out of military service by claiming "bone spurs".

It would be hysterical if it was not so infuriating that the USA voted that disgusting, corrupt thing into office.

In the meantime, this military loving country has THIS guy running for office. If he were straight, if he did not have a husband, I think it would be a slam dunk. But the homophobes are already swarming. So we will see what kind of power they have against a really fantastic candidate.
View attachment 365696

View attachment 365697View attachment 365698View attachment 365699
Lmao Right, “bone spurs.” Okay, Donny. Okay.🙄

We all knew it would only be a matter of time before the homophobes started coming out of their caves. A GAY president??? Not in MY country! Meanwhile they’re fantasizing about being in a gay relationship with a man or a gay relationship with a woman. So pathetic.

Love these photos you posted. He looks like someone I’d want to get to know personally, presidential nominee or not.

BuddyThomas

Lmao Right, “bone spurs.” Okay, Donny. Okay.🙄

We all knew it would only be a matter of time before the homophobes started coming out of their caves. A GAY president??? Not in MY country! Meanwhile they’re fantasizing about being in a gay relationship with a man or a gay relationship with a woman. So pathetic.

Love these photos you posted. He looks like someone I’d want to get to know personally, presidential nominee or not.
Exactly. I would love to be friends with someone like that. I'm really just worried about him. I think he's going to get killed - please God, no. People on here have threatened me with physical violence, and I am not running for president, LOL.

raven24

Exactly. I would love to be friends with someone like that. I'm really just worried about him. I think he's going to get killed - please God, no. People on here have threatened me with physical violence, and I am not running for president, LOL.
Absolutely. But any president would have to fear for their safety.

I would never want to be responsible for leading this country, or any country for that matter. I enjoy my freedom too much, including saying whatever I want haha. Too many people getting on my nerves as well. I think I’d be worse than Auntie Maxine.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

BuddyThomas

Yes. Yes, I do. That series is only possible because Disney believes enough people are accepting of the premise and will watch it. It’s not risky to produce this show nowadays. Ten, fifteen, or twenty years ago, perhaps.
I really hope that people are starting to understand that homosexuality is not a choice. I definitely did not choose it.

BuddyThomas

HADESTOWN opened on Broadway tonight - it is getting rave reviews - could easily win the Tony. The one good thing that can be said about this administration is that it is inspiring a lot of gorgeous protest art.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/broadway/ny-jones-review-hadestown-broadway-20190418-24muagsknrcxxdft7hwt3w7lue-story.html
REVIEW: ‘Hadestown’ is a relevant and resistant Broadway musical for the Age of Trump

America’s on the road to hell — better jump right off, my children. Too dangerous to look back. Instead, try and find the cracks in that famous wall we’re building.

That’s pretty much the message of “Hadestown,” the thrillingly alarmist new Broadway musical with the score that feels like it comes from somewhere deep in the American gut. Now an eye-popping, mythological blend of steampunk, “Westworld” and Bourbon St. anarchy, this dystopian tuner has its origins in a 2010 concept album, a folk opera of sorts, by the remarkable singer-songwriter Anaïs Mitchell.

“Hadestown,” which has been masterfully staged by Rachel Chavkin and arrives on Broadway via both the New York Theatre Workshop and London’s National Theatre, is a retelling of the Orpheus and Eurydice myth. It’s the story of a girl (Eva Noblezada) who gets bitten by a poisonous snake and descends to the underworld, only to be chased down by her true love (Reeve Carney).
In Mitchell’s musical telling, no less than Andre De Shields narrates this yarn as a user-friendly Hermes, staring out at the audience and dispensing rhythmic truths alongside the torchy Persephone (Amber Gray), and a three-woman chorus that’s part Aeschylus and part from “Little Shop of Horrors.”

“Hadestown” comes off a lot like a nasty company village, a macabre take on a Pullman or a Bournville, places where cowed workers on scrip feared the paternalistic boss. Who happens in this case to be called Mister Hades (Patrick Page).
Page, in unfettered, macabre form, gets to sing the most ear-jerking song, “Why Do We Build the Wall?” — a kind of call-and-response ditty between Mr. H. and his indentured servants, all parroting the idea that walls are to protect our freedom and keep us blocked from the poverty of others.

Given how Mitchell’s music, with its pounding beat and obsession with notes that are lower and higher than God, lands somewhere between gospel, blues, blue collar work-song and the ravings of a rabid cult, the number roars off the stage of the Walter Kerr Theatre with a political ferocity that has not been matched on Broadway in a good long while.

Incredibly, the song dates back to 2006, when Donald Trump, the obvious current target, still was best known as the host of “The Apprentice.”

Actually, that’s the secret weapon of “Hadestown.” It feels like the most relevant and resistant musical in town, but it never comes off as shrill or moving in some kind of dull lockstep with all the other self-aware plays and musicals lamenting Trump’s America by playing tritely to the choir, critics and all. That’s because the book and score predated Trump’s arrival and thus the audience makes its own connections without being led there by the hand.

Plus, the pounding political realities, the aesthetically tiresome either/or binaries of today’s divided America, are leavened by lots of sweet songs and scenes concerning themselves with the mysteries — and, thank the devil, the complexities — of mortal love and trust.

Both Chavkin and her hurling choreographer, David Neumann (you feel the sweat of machinery in every single underground move), seem to be wholly in sync with Mitchell’s aesthetic. And Rachel Hauck’s design is a true stunner — it levitates and descends as the story demands. At one point, it seems to come swinging out into the house, ready to knock you into oblivion.

Yet Noblezada is so empathetic, you’re right there with Carney (who’s weird, but often in a good way) when his smitten alter-ego hits the highway to hell on a mission from God.

As you likely know, Mr. Hades eventually lets Orpheus and Eurydice go, with a condition: Orpheus can’t look back to make sure Eurydice is still there. Otherwise, poof. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

So where does trust end and caretaking begin? A good question for any relationship, front of mind at the Walter Kerr as you watch Noblezada sucked down into the fiery pits of hell, Carney’s pretty visage cracking with pain. He’d go with the wall, of course, just to get her back.

As would we all, my children. As would we all.

The Mom

Premium Member
Arguing/insulting another poster's posting style is the same as a personal attack - which will not be tolerated. If you want to debate political or social issues, fine. But starting a post with "Why do you always?" etc is not discussing/debating the issues.

If you do not like another poster's way of expressing him/herself (unless they are attacking/demeaning another poster) then don't read her/his posts.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

No, but maybe the people she meets would.
“But Ocasio-Cortez has a movement of millennials that follow her," Comer said. "Ocasio-Cortez is a lot more prepared when she comes to committee meetings. ... She is smart, and I think that we need to be very prepared when we debate her on issues that we’re having a hard time with. There's still a future for coal, but we need to make sure that we're debating the right people on that issue.”
Is he saying that he wants to debate with dumber people? Maybe I was wrong. The GOP should be nervous.
The people who want to completely phase out coal on a sped up time frame don’t realize that they would just be exporting carbon emissions and not actuallly reduce net global emissions while killing thousands of American jobs in the process.

Jim S

No, but maybe the people she meets would.
“But Ocasio-Cortez has a movement of millennials that follow her," Comer said. "Ocasio-Cortez is a lot more prepared when she comes to committee meetings. ... She is smart, and I think that we need to be very prepared when we debate her on issues that we’re having a hard time with. There's still a future for coal, but we need to make sure that we're debating the right people on that issue.”
Is he saying that he wants to debate with dumber people? Maybe I was wrong. The GOP should be nervous.

Her words at committee meetings are prepared by her staff. She reads them as written-surprised you didn't know that. Committee meeting environment does not suddenly make one smart.

Club Cooloholic

Her words at committee meetings are prepared by her staff. She reads them as written-surprised you didn't know that. Committee meeting environment does not suddenly make one smart.
You do realize that was a quote, not my statement, a quote from Kentucky REPUBLICAN Rep James Comer, praising her intelligence, or fearfullly recognizing it. I'm not surprised you didnt know that, send him an email not me.
Here I did the legwork for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom