• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

raven24

First, the men are equally if not more likely to be cartel victims. Secondly, it is the Mexican government's responsibility to govern and police their people. Mexico is not an incredibly poor country. Their HDI is 0.774. They shouldn't need our help, and it shouldn't be our job to compensate the world's failures. The Mexican people aren't under the thumb of a rogue dictatorship, the qualification for refugee asylum in America.

Meanwhile, the Mexican police now have to deal with cannibalism among cartel teenagers. And the Democrats want less border enforcement?

Americans know more about the Kardashian's latest photo shoot than anything related to a foreign country. Most Americans can't even name Canada's capital city and you think they know about the specifics of Mexican cartel violence? Give me a break. We live in a country of idiots.
Stop assuming things.

Give us all a break, please.

SteveBrickNJ

Advertisement
If you haven’t seen it, and have time to watch, Karl Rove had a great commentary on him/his campaign.

I watched it for 5 or 6 minutes and only exited when the topic changed to House Rep A.O.C. Thank you for sharing that with me. I DO think that O'Rourke will have some success. The footage shown of him makes him seem relaxed and likable. I ....Steve from NJ....I will not vote for him based on policy and ideology.....but I predict that many democrats WILL vote for him once they see him on MSNBC.... CNN or whatever....they will like him. Even I'm a conservative I recognized Obama's smile and charisma. O'Rourke has that same vibe for me.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Beto O jumped into the 2020 Democratic race. I previously predicted ( for fun ) that he would capture the attention of the regular folks....become a charismatic candidate that catches people by surprise and he'd win the nomination. Although it still could happen, a pragmatist might say that a good / balanced Democratic ticket would have Biden at the top of the ticket and Beto O as the running mate.
I went into my posting history to attempt to see when I first posted on this topic. I want to get back to posts in Oct. but I don't have the patience to get there. I post on multiple forums including my game thread.

EricsBiscuit

Every day, 19 children are shot in America, according to a recent study. Nearly 1,300 kids under the age of 18 die every year from gunshot wounds, and almost 6,000 go to the hospital for non-fatal firearm injuries.
Maybe we should post those pics to spark our outrage over firearms? No that would be trying to stoke the fire.
EDIT: Is anyone denying that this happens? The previous posting of the hanging was to show the level of racism that occurred when a poster on here was trying to say that African Americans would have been better off staying SLAVES longer. Something so hateful and yet tolerated by the mods in here.
Of course. Blame the gun, not the person pulling the trigger.

DoubleJ21

The thing about stereotypes is, inconveniently, they're often true.
We know you think that, based on your “black culture” comments.
No, I know that based on empirical evidence.

P.S. You done getting angry about my posts? You remind me of my ex.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

No, I know that based on empirical evidence.

P.S. You done getting angry about my posts? You remind me of my ex.
Links won’t bail you out. If they aren’t stereotypes, they’re personal prejudice.

And anyone talking about supporting “open borders” is ill-informed and parroting right wing propagarbage.

DoubleJ21

Well Bernie was not for open boardersand neither is the majority of Democrats polled there. Unlike the Libertarian party which has open boarders as one of its core tenants.
Not quite.

(46% percent of liberals is quite high, no?)

That said, I'm sure libertarians would also agree that less restrictive immigration is incompatible with a welfare state. The two can't be reconciled without the system self-destructing, even if the immigrants were ineligible for welfare.

I also think the Libertarian Party itself is on the extreme. Granted, at least they're consistent in their beliefs leaving no room for hypocrisy, which I admire.

From their platform:
When you pay taxes, do you do so voluntarily? Or do you do so because you are forced to do so?
If you don’t pay your taxes, what will happen? Will you be fined further? Harassed by the IRS or other government entities? Jailed?
The Libertarian Party is fundamentally opposed to the use of force to coerce people into doing anything. We think it is inherently wrong and should have no role in a civilized society.
Thus we think that government forcing people to pay taxes is inherently wrong.
Libertarians advocate for voluntary exchange, where people are free to make their own choices about what to do with their lives, their time, their bodies, their livelihood, and their dollars.
If Americans want to give money to the government for one reason or another, they should be free to do so. If Americans prefer to spend their money on other things, then they should be free to do that also.

Last edited:

pjkdog

Not quite.

(46% percent of liberals is quite high, no?)

That said, I'm sure libertarians would also agree that less restrictive immigration is incompatible with a welfare state. The two can't be reconciled without the system self-destructing, even if the immigrants were ineligible for welfare.

I also think the Libertarian Party itself is on the extreme. And I consider myself mostly libertarian. Granted, at least they're consistent in their beliefs leaving no room for hypocrisy, which I admire.

From their platform:
I guess then you need to stop calling Democrats, liberals right?

DoubleJ21

I guess then you need to stop calling Democrats, liberals right?
Huh? I mean...they're completely different institutions. One is a party, the other is a set of beliefs.

Of course, you can look at the question: "Do you think that people who make it across our border illegally should be allowed to stay in the country or sent home?" 53% of Democrats support "Stay in the country".
49% of Democrats believe in "looser enforcement of our immigration laws".
36% of Democrats believe in "open borders".

These aren't fringe numbers. I would classify 15-20% as fringe support. 36% is not. That is a very significant minority.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Huh? I mean...they're completely different institutions. One is a party, the other is a set of beliefs.

Of course, you can look at the question: "Do you think that people who make it across our border illegally should be allowed to stay in the country or sent home?" 53% of Democrats support "Stay in the country".
View attachment 357097
49% of Democrats believe in "looser enforcement of our immigration laws".
36% of Democrats believe in "open borders".

These aren't fringe numbers. I would classify 15-20% as fringe support. 36% is not. That is a very significant minority.
Completely pointless discussion.

Top Bottom