• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Jim S

And so speaks our self-appointed arbiter of what is and isn't worthy of getting angry about. Oh, the drama!

Odd that you didn't address the "trash" references but went off attacking instead of answering a legit question she had. Deflect and change the subject. You are the master.

Gomer

Advertisement
The use of the term "white privilege" is a slur and those that can't recognize that are promoting hatred and discrimination based on the color of one's skin. Those that can't acknowledge that are deep in the echo chamber. You are not as you think the majority of the thinking in the country and the term is nothing but divisive.
A slur requires something be derogatory. The thing I think people miss about "white privilege" is that is not meant to note anything but an innocuous naivete to what non-white people go through.

Yes, some people have adopted it as an insult and I don't agree with that usage. But the term itself is really supposed to be an instructive one. one that is supposed to help us look in a mirror and understand that we may not know what others are going through. I don't see it as something to get defensive about.

But as I said in the past, its up to each of us to determine what is offensive. If enough people take that term as offensive eventually it will be purged from general usage.

Jim S

Perhaps you have too many people on ignore to know, but what's actually a thing is that white people are now being oppressed. Just like Christmas is on the verge of being obliterated.

If many on the left had their way Christmas would be eliminated, Catholic and religious schools would be eliminated, and Mike Pence and his wife would exiled to the moon. Denial of this desire by many should give you ample opportunity to deflect, change the subject, or deny.

Which groups in your opinion are being oppressed?

21stamps

Wait - so you think that’s not a thing?
Have you looked around??

And so speaks our self-appointed arbiter of what is and isn't worthy of getting angry about. Oh, the drama!
Yes, if you can’t tell from my 8,000,009 comments on the subject.. I think the CovCath situation is something that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN should be angry about. Making kids a target, putting kids and a school in danger for a political agenda and hatred of Christianity, white skin, and Trump.

I don’t feign outrage, I’m actually outraged by it. My thoughts and feelings and responses towards people who say offensive things, or anything that I disagree with, do not depend on if that person “likes” my comments or shares a donkey or elephant mascot with me... I address people and situations based on their words and their actions.

LittleBuford

I address people and situations based on their words and their actions.
And yet you're railing against me despite the fact that I've posted nothing objectionable with regard to the Covington students.

It's fine--I get it. We all overlook the actions of those forumites we like while being alert to the faults of those we don't. But with you, it's on a different level entirely, and what's worse is that you don't have the self-awareness to know that it's even happening.

21stamps

And yet you're railing against me despite the fact that I've posted nothing objectionable with regard to the Covington students.

It's fine--I get it. We all overlook the actions of those forumites we like while being alert to the faults of those we don't. But with you, it's on a different level entirely, and what's worse is that you don't have the self-awareness to know that it's even happening.
I see you trying to twist this into “but what about people who sat on the back of the bus” instead of acknowledging what’s right in front of us, at this moment in time.

I have acknowledged and thanked you when you looked at the situation and said that there was more to the story. I just don’t know how you’re still denying that it’s because they were white.

Most of all, your comment is backtracking.. you choose to specifically call out certain posters, from your first moment in this thread... while ignoring actual horrible words from others, those who tend to “like” your comments and share the same side of the fence. That’s just the truth.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Mr. I take shots at Israel, excuse BDS as something other than anti Semitic and avoid mentioning hamas and what the Palestinians do related to the conflict.

To listen to what you have to say regarding bigotry and racism is laughable. You shouldn’t even have been involved in the discussion people were having today.

LittleBuford

I didn’t demonstrate it. You have. Over time.
You need to stop and think for a minute. @Tony the Tigger has stepped in and explicitly said he shares my views. Why, then, am I an anti-Semite if he's not? Are you sure it's because of things I've said rather than your personal dislike of me? Because not a single one of my posts has ever--ever--expressed a single remark that can be construed as anti-Semitic. It's an outrageous charge on your part, and you need to control your anger and get some perspective before continuing with this ridiculous line of attack.

Wendy Pleakley

If many on the left had their way Christmas would be eliminated, Catholic and religious schools would be eliminated, and Mike Pence and his wife would exiled to the moon. Denial of this desire by many should give you ample opportunity to deflect, change the subject, or deny.

Which groups in your opinion are being oppressed?
Clearly Mike Pence is being oppressed based on his moon exile.

Of all the manufactured outrage being peddled here, this my favourite.

LittleBuford

Mr. I take shots at Israel, excuse BDS as something other than anti Semitic and avoid mentioning hamas and what the Palestinians do related to the conflict.

To listen to what you have to say regarding bigotry and racism is laughable. You shouldn’t even have been involved in the discussion people were having today.
I don't support terrorism. I don't support Hamas. I don't support violence of any kind, whether committed by Palestinians or the Israeli army. I support a peacefully negotiated and equitable two-state solution. I have made these statements before, but nothing is good enough for you.

LittleBuford

If it means anything, I don’t think you’re the only one. There’s 2-4 more who have made anti Semitic comments. One or two of them I’ll attribute it just following the popular bandwagon., typing without any malice behind the ignorant words. The others, have been repeat offenders.
What, pray tell, are these anti-Semitic comments? What has anyone here ever said to question the right of Israel to exist or insult the Jewish people?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Just the latest below. You mentioned Israel. You mentioned a two state solution. You avoided touching on the Palestinians and hamas. You specifically said that’s all you have to say on the matter. You do this consistently. Not a one off.

And then you defend BDS of all movements. That’s the icing on the cake. A movement that leaders around the world, like the Canadian prime minister as one example, specifically called out as being anti Semitic. There should be no wiggle room here. But you did it anyways.

SELF REFLECTION.
I do not agree that BDS is anti-Semitic. That doesn’t mean that some proponents of the movement aren’t, but it’s perfectly possible to support the Jewish people and Israel while objecting to, and taking action against, the current policies of the Israeli government.
I’m not getting into this debate with you again. I don’t agree with Israel’s current policies, which contravene international law, and I want there to be an independent Palestine alongside Israel. That’s all I have to say on the matter.

21stamps

What, pray tell, are these anti-Semitic comments? What has anyone here ever said to question the right of Israel to exist or insult the Jewish people?
I don’t think you hate all Jews, as in want them all dead and Israel destroyed. I honestly don’t.

However, many of the two-state solution comments.. or when people defend “Free Palestine” signs.. those are intentionally ignoring the reality of the situation.
Yes, in a perfect world there would be a Palestinian State.. but that can’t happen as long as terror groups have control of that country.. the ones within, and the ones outside of Palestine, including Iran. Yet that’s all ignored in the BDS and Free Palestine and Two State positions.
Those comments come from an antisemetic place.

LittleBuford

Just the latest below. You mentioned Israel. You mentioned a two state solution. You avoided touching on the Palestinians and hamas. You specifically said that’s all you have to say on the matter. You do this consistently. Not a one off.
Because, as you'll remember, I have already engaged in a rather long and heated debate on the matter, and it didn't end well. Why would I want to rehash something that's already happened and is there, documented, for everyone to read? I commented on Hamas in that thread [ETA: correction: I commented on fundamentalism at large, saying it didn't help the situation]; am I obliged to restate my opposition to them at every turn?

And then you defend BDS of all movements. That’s the icing on the cake. A movement that leaders around the world, like the Canadian prime minister as one example, specifically called out as being anti Semitic.
Yes, and I can cite a Haaretz article that says BDS isn't anti-Semitic: https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/bds-is-a-lot-of-things-but-it-s-not-anti-semitic-1.5440228. There are others, including liberal Jews, who share my opinion. I do not participate in the movement myself, because there are those in its whose rhetoric is indeed anti-Semitic (as I have already acknowledged), but I don't believe that support for the movement is itself a signifier of anti-Semitism.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I don’t think you hate all Jews, as in want them all dead and Israel destroyed. I honestly don’t.

However, many of the two-state solution comments.. or when people defend “Free Palestine” signs.. those are intentionally ignoring the reality of the situation.
Yes, in a perfect world there would be a Palestinian State.. but that can’t happen as long as terror groups have control of that country.. the ones within, and the ones outside of Palestin, including Iran.
So I'm anti-Semitic because I idealistically hope for a two-state solution?

Top Bottom