• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

gsam4ever

Advertisement
I already posted a link. Look at the details. Flights aren’t impacted by it. It sounds fancy though.
Never said it did. Facts are still facts and as Trumpnocchio keeps this shutdown going longer (it is the longest of all time) you will indeed start to see some negative consequences to flights.

21stamps

Lol, you are a simple person. I'll type this slowly for you....I used the word "steal" because to me it is stealing when the government can force you sell your house for a lower price then you could get if you sell it yourself. When you have no choice because the courts are forcing you to sell then it is a form of stealing. Sorry if you take words so literally.
I have a few questions-

How many people would have to sell their entire homestead as opposed to a bit of acreage?

How do we know that they would get paid less than they could get on their own?

Eminent domain shouldn’t be common, but it is needed sometimes.

21stamps

Your nonchalance towards this topic versus your apoplectic reaction to a few kneeling footballers tells me otherwise. But carry on labelling everyone else stupid, dishonest, dramatic, etc.
If nonchalance is the ability to feel empathy without acting like every person is on the verge of collapse... then I’ll wear that new definition of the term.

You want it to end?
So does everyone.

How does it end?
Have everyone write to their representatives, ask the republicans to compromise, ask the democrats to bring a compromise to the table, to stop using those people for their political game.

Btw, can you give me the lastest news on the NFL grievances by Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick?

EricsBiscuit

I hope the TSA agents who are “calling in sick because I’m not getting a paycheck this week”- should be fired. All of them.

For the govt employees who are behind in bills if without savings.. I feel bad for them.. but I don’t even think they need to file unemployment or get a second job. Take out a short term loan.

I have a hard time believing that the majority of these people are living paycheck to paycheck.
airport security should be private and airports should decide who they want for their security. Not the federal government. There are airports that already do this.

Jim S

I could understand if someone wanted to find another job and not risk this again. They do know the risks ahead of time though.

What I find so odd is that so many people are treating the no-paycheck-right now situation as if those folks are disaster victims. They’re not. They will get paid for their time. I think we all can have empathy without the overdramatizing. However, drama is popular.. so maybe I shouldn’t find it odd.

Why do liberals think people do not have the ability to solve the problems associated with missing a paycheck? Do they think people are that hapless?

And making eminent domain sound like people are being sent to the guillotine (see how dramatic I can be to make a point).

Last edited:

21stamps

airport security should be private and airports should decide who they want for their security. Not the federal government. There are airports that already do this.
I actually do think the federal goverment should be involved in airports.. I’d be concerned about private companies.

I agree. Too lazy to show up to work because of a tantrum? Enjoy what it's like to REALLY have no paycheck
Exactly.

We’re seeing the virtue cries of “omg you’re so heartless” from the same people, from the same mindset of society.. people/mindset where the concept of personal responsibility is out of reach. Where excuses and blaming others is the norm.

Life sucks sometimes, not receiving a paycheck on payday would suck. However, as an adult, you go on, or you figure out an alternative. They’re goverment employees who receive many benefits as such, also risk of being affected by congress. They know this, and they took the job. Doesn’t mean the situation sucks any less, but a mature responsible adult would have more respect for their coworkers, their workplace, and themselves than to just call out of work.

EricsBiscuit

Why do liberals think people do not have the ability to solve the problems associated with missing a paycheck? Do they think people are that hapless?

And making eminent domain sound like people are being sent to the guillotine (see how dramatic I can be to make a point).
to them it's another opportunity to spend someone else's money
I actually do think the federal goverment should be involved in airports.. I’d be concerned about private companies.

Exactly.

We’re seeing the virtue cries of “omg you’re so heartless” from the same people, from the same mindset of society.. people/mindset where the concept of personal responsibility is out of reach. Where excuses and blaming others is the norm.

Life sucks sometimes, not receiving a paycheck on payday would suck. However, as an adult, you go on, or you figure out an alternative. They’re goverment employees who receive many benefits as such, also risk of being affected by congress. They know this, and they took the job. Doesn’t mean the situation sucks any less, but a mature responsible adult would have more respect for their coworkers, their workplace, and themselves than to just call out of work.
The great thing about the free market is that if the security is doing a poor job, you can change companies. There's competition. Not so with the federal government.

Jim S

Exactly.

I have no problem with private security in charge of airport security. I think it would be cheaper and more efficient.

If a company is not performing they lose the contract but more importantly an incompetent employee can be fired.

MuteSuperstar

One thing I will never do is call Trump an idiot.
When he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any of his core supporters it may be the most astute thing any politician has ever said.

AJH219

I love the "just get another job" stuff. Sure, just throw away your seniority and benefits. Good lord.
It isn't rocket science. If you dont like where you work leave. YES IT IS THAT SIMPLE. I despised my last job and quit after 6 weeks. But because I'm not a stupid individual waiting for someone to take care of me, I ensured I had enough saved to be out of work for a bit. I was for 2 months but still managed to survive.

MuteSuperstar

Look I agree that people should have some money saved, especially the ones who insist on having child after child.

But not everyone does and not everyone wants to throw away a job they may (gasp) like, that they may have built up a lot of seniority in and that may pay them twice what they can make elsewhere. Please understand I am not speaking of any righties, I know very well that they all work harder than anyone else and can snap their fingers and have another job that pays more within 20 minutes. I'm talking about the rest of the lazy rabble.

draybook

I for one am not OK with the idea of my security being compromised until this hypothetical company of yours is exposed and replaced.

I flew many times before the TSA was in place. I felt more compromised AFTER they came into play. And don't even get me started on the time they searched/hand swabbed my minor daughter without consent. But hey, if high school grads with no skilled training make you feel "safe", that's your right...

Jim S

I for one am not OK with the idea of my security being compromised until this hypothetical company of yours is exposed and replaced.

Do you think only the govt can do this job of airport security? Do you think the TSA is competent?

So many examples of their failure to detect dangerous objects getting thru check points. Enough to be concerning.

Israel airport security would be a great model for us to use. Private companies could utilize those practices and methods more easily than the restrictions, mostly political correctness, placed on our TSA.

Top Bottom