• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

21stamps

Advertisement
I hope the TSA agents who are “calling in sick because I’m not getting a paycheck this week”- should be fired. All of them.

For the govt employees who are behind in bills if without savings.. I feel bad for them.. but I don’t even think they need to file unemployment or get a second job. Take out a short term loan.

I have a hard time believing that the majority of these people are living paycheck to paycheck.

OneofThree

I hope the TSA agency’s who are “calling in sick because I’m not getting a paycheck this week”- should be fired.
I don't know. I can't blame them for being upset, because they are essentially being sanctioned for simply doing their jobs. At the same time, only a bunch of children would call in sick in some sort of tantrum. If it were me and I were so upset, I'd simply find a new job.

I have a hard time believing that the majority of these people are living paycheck to paycheck.
I'm not. I've learned from interacting on this site for example, that more than a few people fund their Disney trips with high interest credit card debt. :oops:

Nubs70

I hope the TSA agents who are “calling in sick because I’m not getting a paycheck this week”- should be fired. All of them.

For the govt employees who are behind in bills if without savings.. I feel bad for them.. but I don’t even think they need to file unemployment or get a second job. Take out a short term loan.

And they have zero claim to resolution from the collective for their individual choices.

21stamps

I don't know. I can't blame them for being upset, because they are essentially being sanctioned for simply doing their jobs. At the same time, only a bunch of children would call in sick in some sort of tantrum. If it were me and I were so upset, I'd simply find a new job.

I'm not. I've learned from interacting on this site for example, that more than a few people fund their Disney trips with high interest credit card debt. :oops:
And they have zero claim to resolution from the collective for their individual choices.
I could understand if someone wanted to find another job and not risk this again. They do know the risks ahead of time though.

What I find so odd is that so many people are treating the no-paycheck-right now situation as if those folks are disaster victims. They’re not. They will get paid for their time. I think we all can have empathy without the overdramatizing. However, drama is popular.. so maybe I shouldn’t find it odd.

The Empress Lilly

If you don't pay me, I don't show up. :bookworm:
I'm not a charity.

Imagine the reverse: should these people get paid even if the announced they don't feel like working for a couple of months? Because, oh, the government has got plenty of money, it can afford it.

gsam4ever

Empathy is not a characteristic that you posses is it?

Whether you believe people are living paycheck to paycheck is irrelevant because chances are many are. They do not get paid that well and this is hurting them more than you will ever know. Sad that people on here are both clueless and callous.

21stamps

If you don't pay me, I don't show up. :bookworm:
I'm not a charity.

Imagine the reverse: should these people get paid even if the announced they don't feel like working for a couple of months? Because, oh, the government has got plenty of money, it can afford it.
That’s the part that bugs me, they’re not volunteering. They will get paid. If you call in sick, even during this time, you should face the deserved repercussions.

Culture of victimhood inherent to regressive thought. Not surprising to me at all as it drives so very much of what they do, even within this very forum.
Agree. Kind of like the “Trump is going to steal people’s land!” nonsense. (Shhh don’t tell anyone that they will get paid for said land).

I’m sure some would take it to court, I’m sure others would take the money without advancing to that point.

Let’s flair up the dramatics though. It’s theft!!

gsam4ever

That’s the part that bugs me, they’re not volunteering. They will get paid. If you call in sick, even during this time, you should face the deserved repercussions.

Agree. Kind of like the “Trump is going to steal people’s land!” nonsense. (Shhh don’t tell anyone that they will get paid for said land).

I’m sure some would take it to court, I’m sure others would take the money without advancing to that point.

Let’s flair up the dramatics though. It’s theft!!
You are on a roll with your comments. Not a single person on here said Trump was stealing people's land even though in your typical condescending way you are trying to do that and yes people who will have their land taken from them will be paid but what if by the small chance they don't want to sell their land. What if it has been in their family for decades and decades and they do not want to sell it for "fair market price" when they could probably get a hell of a lot more of it if they decided to sell it on their own. Again clueless and callous.

21stamps

Empathy is not a characteristic that you posses is it?

Whether you believe people are living paycheck to paycheck is irrelevant because chances are many are. They do not get paid that well and this is hurting them more than you will ever know. Sad that people on here are both clueless and callous.
I wouldn’t like to be in that situation. I do have empathy for them. What I don’t have is a love for overdramatizing.

Last edited:

21stamps

gsam4ever

I wouldn’t like to be in that situation. I do have empathy for them. What I won’t do have is a love for overdramatizing.
Great you won't and I wouldn't but countless many are for reasons that we couldn't even think of.

There is a difference between being callous and showing no empathy to scared families which is what you are doing and over dramatizing something that is indeed happening. And if the TSA agents can call in sick and follow the rules of their employment then god bless them. Let the airports shut down or partially shut down (see Miami) until Trump folds.

gsam4ever

Here’s your own words-

Don’t forget about the eminent domain cases that will steal people’s land and houses away from them for the ridiculous wall.

Oh come on.

See above. :)
Lol, you are a simple person. I'll type this slowly for you....I used the word "steal" because to me it is stealing when the government can force you sell your house for a lower price then you could get if you sell it yourself. When you have no choice because the courts are forcing you to sell then it is a form of stealing. Sorry if you take words so literally.

gsam4ever

The MIA headlines and comments are a prime example of dramatic flair.
People call out, Miami closed down a terminal. I know you are literal so you probably are trying to make it seem that I implied the WHOLE airport closed but I didn't. It's ok, facts are hard.

21stamps

Let’s talk about the Miami area.,

First of all, it’s the most populated area in Florida, so you definitely get all kinds of people. Here’s a few of my favorites from Miami folks over the years-

“My son joined the Army for free college, not to go to war. President Bush is risking my son’s life now.”

“Jeb Bush didn’t provide enough water and supplies for me. Now I’m out of water, 2 days after a hurricane. It’s his fault.”

“I took out a $300,000 loan because I was tricked. I was told I could afford it on my $12 per hour pay.”

Now-
TSA workers calling in sick not caring about their job.

Welcome to Miami.

The Empress Lilly

Fact: coming here across the border, unchecked, is NOT the same thing as being a legal immigrant.

Fact: my paternal grandparents came here LEGALLY from Mexico. So, you and the other Martyrs for Hispanics can save your lectures as far as that goes.

Fact: Trump isn't even the first one to ask for a buttload of money for border security but now all of the sudden people are all up in arms.

Fact: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, not the "migrants" you speak of are saving us money at the expense of Americans being unemployed. I guess that big you're talking about is okay when it's being waved at citizens...

Also, what other "actual miltary needs" are you talking about that this could go towards? I've got bros still in and I don't hear any grumbling on their end.

Now, what will I gain? I don't know, I think it will perhaps deter, if not stop some of the issues. Didn't they even show on CNN(his biggest whiny detractor) that it seemed to be working in some spots?

This is on TOP of the fact that throughout the last 15 years, the same cornholes that are jamming Trump on his wall request were supporting the idea of cracking down on illegal immigration and border security. Now all of the sudden it's racist and the "act of a tyrant". So which is it? Didn't Mexico offer asylum to those in the caravan? If they truly marched across Mexico unharmed, why don't they take up that offer? If we're such a laughing stock and we're so racist, why is everyone coming here?

Seriously, there's a line that must be drawn and it runs parallel with Mexico. There's a difference between immigrants and ILLEGAL immigrants.

I'm tired from work so this probably came out jumbled but I don't care.
That didn't come out jumbled. It came out perfectly clear and sensible. :)

I do wonder...where are all the indignified shrieks and insults from the usual suspects? No reflexed cries of racism this time, just crickets? Because the Hispanic says it?

Me, I'm not a US citizen. So I face a wall of armed guards and intrusive questioning and sometimes searching of my body and property when entering the US. I was even 'randomly' selected for bagage search last year. And I am whiter than Trump (albeit much prettier!). It's normal. All countries do it. Apart from the loud Facebook armchair activists the rest of the world isn't at all of the opinion that the US shouldn't regulate admission and immigration through its southern land border. Opinions may vary on what is efficient and effective, but the principle isn't contested.

21stamps

People call out, Miami closed down a terminal. I know you are literal so you probably are trying to make it seem that I implied the WHOLE airport closed but I didn't. It's ok, facts are hard.
I already posted a link. Look at the details. Flights aren’t impacted by it. It sounds fancy though.

Top Bottom