• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Wendy Pleakley

Advertisement
So let me see if I have this straight.

Criticizing Trump for serious policy decisions: not okay.

Finding amusement in Trump serving fast food at the White House: also not okay.

I also love how some are dismissing this as a non-story while simultaneously putting a positive spin on it - they're athletes, so the meal is calorie appropriate and suitable.

21stamps

Trump loves fast food. Young adult guys love fast food. I'd wager some of them love it a lot more than fancy gourmet food. Maybe Trump was trying to offer them something he thought they'd love. It's really as simple as that.

But this is fun. Carry on with fast foodgate. Maybe this would justify invoking the 25th amendment?
A cousin of mine had met her now husband when they both worked at a Donatos over a summer in high school. They got married in their mid 20s and had a black tie wedding..no buffet in site, delicious food from apps to main course. Then, at 11pm, in came countless boxes of Donatos pizza. It was perfect. No one was too snooty to eat it in their gowns and nice suits.

Picking fast food as something to be snobby about, especially with college football players, is really the strangest thing. It shows just how deranged some people choose to be.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Criticizing Trump for serious policy decisions: not okay.
You don't have this straight.

Finding amusement in Trump serving fast food at the White House: also not okay.
You don't have this straight.

I also love how some are dismissing this as a non-story while simultaneously putting a positive spin on it - they're athletes, so the meal is calorie appropriate and suitable.
You have this partially straight.

21stamps

they're athletes, so the meal is calorie appropriate and suitable.
My 8 year old isn’t allowed to eat anything high in sugar or saturated fat on game days or tournament weekends, per his coach.
The team is all second and 3rd graders..8 year olds.

College athletes have much more strict regulations than that. Those boys just won a national championship, going into their off season.. let them indulge in some unhealthy food. I think they’ll be ok.

draybook

That really matters. 🙄

People supporting trump have no credibility with me.
I wouldn't call myself a supporter of his but I don't recall you really being able to counter the things I've posted. Instead of trying to have an actual debate, you guys are crying about fast food and insulting Trump. Meh, whatever. Maybe credibility doesn't matter to you but I prefer to somewhat know what I'm talking about when I debate with people.

LittleBuford

Apparently you haven't read these "foaming at the mouth" comments from some of them.
If the extreme comments you’re referring to were directed at fellow forumites, I would agree with you, but they are about Trump himself.

There are, of course, lesser insults aimed at other posters, but these are plentiful on all sides.

Grimley1968

Not a chipotle guy either, or fast food for that matter.

But...a 5 guys bacon cheeseburger any day of the week.
When I lived in NoVA, I used to go to the original 5 Guys stand (there was no seating) about once a week. The chain isn't bad, but the original place was incredible. Most of the now presumably wealthy "guys" were in there flipping the burgers themselves in those days, and used to vaguely recognize me since I was such a regular. There was rarely less than a 10 person wait, so without seating there wasn't much to do but grab some peanuts and stand there. Good times. I like to think I provided a sizable contribution to their start up funds when forming the chain. :)

The Empress Lilly

If only the WH had a classy resident who doesn't eat junk food...

I remember when politicians deliberately tried to be pictured eating junk food. Portraying how not out of touch they are. And the criticism was that as soon as the cameras were gone, they'd return to their gourmet meals and silver spoons. How times change. :)

We now we have the second president in a row (yes, Obama too) who actually enjoys burgers for real.

Gomer

In the interest of seeing if we can get off the topic of empty calories superficial controversies, how does everyone feel about the reports Trump has suggested multiple times that the US withdraw from NATO? I'll give links from both sides so everyone can feel free to read without getting bogged down in accusations of bias.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aides-leak-tale-of-trying-to-stop-trump-from-leaving-nato

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/trump-nato-us-withdraw/index.html

So what are everyone's thoughts on NATO? Relic of the cold war, or important treaty that has staved off a third world war for 70 years? Do we dismiss this as bluster to use the fears of our allies that we might not protect them to get more money out of them, or is Trump actually interested in an upheaval of Western foreign policy? If you believe the former, is that level of destabilization in our relationships with our allies worth whatever financial benefit we get from this?

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Lovely.

https://www.newsweek.com/karen-pence-has-just-taken-job-school-bans-lgbt-pupils-1293513?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=NewsweekFacebookSF&utm_medium=Social&fbclid=IwAR0pTHz1bJtGReQeAk2SUOa6HaZV6fvCQQmPcVL4SjHBoEQ3OqJNsVF_MB8

Karen Pence Has Just Taken a Job at a School That Bans LGBT Pupils

Karen Pence, wife of Vice President Mike Pence, has started a job teaching art at Immanuel Christian School in Northern Virginia, which refuses to enroll LGBT students and hire LGBT employees.

In a parent agreement posted online, the school says that those who participate in or condone homosexual relationships will be refused admission. A recent employee application form states that those who engage in homosexuality will not be employed by the school, and says that God intended sexual acts to occur only between “a man and a woman who are married to each other.”

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
If only the WH had a classy resident who doesn't eat junk food...

I remember when politicians deliberately tried to be pictured eating junk food. Portraying how not out of touch they are. And the criticism was that as soon as the cameras were gone, they'd return to their gourmet meals and silver spoons. How times change. :)

We now we have the second president in a row (yes, Obama too) who actually enjoys burgers for real.
Bill Clinton used to love stopping at McDonald's after his jogs.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Lovely.

https://www.newsweek.com/karen-pence-has-just-taken-job-school-bans-lgbt-pupils-1293513?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=NewsweekFacebookSF&utm_medium=Social&fbclid=IwAR0pTHz1bJtGReQeAk2SUOa6HaZV6fvCQQmPcVL4SjHBoEQ3OqJNsVF_MB8

Karen Pence, wife of Vice President Mike Pence, has started a job teaching art at Immanuel Christian School in Northern Virginia, which refuses to enroll LGBT students and hire LGBT employees.

In a parent agreement posted online, the school says that those who participate in or condone homosexual relationships will be refused admission. A recent employee application form states that those who engage in homosexuality will not be employed by the school, and says that God intended sexual acts to occur only between “a man and a woman who are married to each other.”
Good for her.
Lovely.

Impeach! Impeach! Oh wait.

Top Bottom