General political chat

AEfx

Sorry but the wall is never going to happen. I can also show you a poll that shows something completely different than what you just posted (without any backup). I think we will be fine with another (fake) invasion.
You really should have clicked the link before you responded. I linked to the ABC/Washington Post poll that every news outlet is covering right now because overall polling is showing that people are blaming Trump for the shutdown.

You have to actually read through it to get to the part about how, in spite of this, opposition to the wall has, as I said, reduced significantly.

It is always good to see a variety of polls - please show us the current competing polls who disagree, since mainstream media isn't covering them. Do they also disagree on the questions about Trump being blamed more than democrats for the shutdown? Or just selectively the parts that you don't like?

BuddyThomas

Thus far, the only people I have seen who are offended by the fast food spread have been people outside the Clemson football team. Everything I have seen and heard from players has been positive. Trevor Lawrence said it was awesome.

Seems like some are trying to create controversy where none exists.
I’m not offended by it at all, and nor am I offended by the fact that he can’t spell hamburger, even though he jams them down his fat throat on a regular basis. I just think it’s another in the unending examples of what a completely trashy moron he is on virtually every single level. Not to mention that for good measure, he couldnt resist adding to the more than 6,000 lies he has spewed since taking office by tossing in another “whopper” about how many hamburgers were served.

The 2006 motion picture Idiocracy by Mike Judge has come true.

Prince-1

You really should have clicked the link before you responded. I linked to the ABC/Washington Post poll that every news outlet is covering right now because overall polling is showing that people are blaming Trump for the shutdown.

You have to actually read through it to get to the part about how, in spite of this, opposition to the wall has, as I said, reduced significantly.

It is always good to see a variety of polls - please show us the current competing polls who disagree, since mainstream media isn't covering them. Do they also disagree on the questions about Trump being blamed more than democrats for the shutdown? Or just selectively the parts that you don't like?
Next time don't use an embedded link...it's hard to see. And there is a reason people think this is Trump's fault - he refuses to budge even when his own party proposes it.

aw14

You don’t follow the Clemson guys on twitter, huh?

To be fair, I only follow one and only because my family knows his family... he wasn’t offended in the slightest. Most of the players have said repeatedly that they had a good time, and the journalist in the room said they cheered for the food.

They’re college kids.. chill out.
The kids were thrilled. This is such a non story. I believe the Washington post actually fact checked that he said the burgers were stacked miles high. I kid you not.

AEfx

Next time don't use an embedded link...it's hard to see. And there is a reason people think this is Trump's fault - he refuses to budge even when his own party proposes it.

Uh, linked text has been around since the invention of webpages, when text is highlighted as clickable it means it is linked...but...okay, noted.

So, how about all those polls you said "that shows something completely different than what you just posted"?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
I’m not offended by it at all, and nor am I offended by the fact that he can’t spell hamburger, even though he jams them down his fat throat on a regular basis. I just think it’s another in the unending examples of what a completely trashy moron he is on virtually every single level. Not to mention that for good measure, he couldnt resist adding to the more than 6,000 lies he has spewed since taking office by tossing in another “whopper” about how many hamburgers were served.

The 2006 motion picture Idiocracy by Mike Judge has come true.
So liking fast food makes one trashy, eh? How very elitist of you. What you need to understand is that you were not the audience he was trying to please. It was the football team. And by all accounts so far, he did that. Outside of your bubble, people have different likes. Many of those players have their food intake monitored daily. So maybe having a massive cheat day after winnning it all was awesome for them. Stop making everything about your hatred of Trump. Sometimes it isn’t about the people in DC and NYC.

BuddyThomas

The kids were thrilled. This is such a non story. I believe the Washington post actually fact checked that he said the burgers were stacked miles high. I kid you not.
You know, that crooked, awful Washington Post with their Pulitzer and Peabody Awards stacked miles high. Ya know, those losers.

AEfx

You know, that crooked, awful Washington Post with their Pulitzer and Peabody Awards stacked miles high. Ya know, those losers.
There is a big difference between institutional history and current management/practices/ownership. Just for the very fact that the current owner of the paper also owns one of the biggest corporations in the world. No matter what your politics, that an institution has been so sold off should concern you.

draybook

1) I was talking about the fake invasion and some poll that AEfx said changed 10% in favor of the wall. 2) As for people illegally entering the US...people do get across the border everyday. That will not change with a $10-20 billion dollar wall. People will adapt and figure out to get over or go under.

Good point. When I go on break, I'll ring up the president and let him know we can totally dismantle the border checkpoints between us and Mexico. Since people are going to find their way over anyways, we wouldn't want to take the chance of making it harder or impossible...

BuddyThomas

So liking fast food makes one trashy, eh? How very elitist of you. What you need to understand is that you were not the audience he was trying to please. It was the football team. And by all accounts so far, he did that. Outside of your bubble, people have different likes. Many of those players have their food intake monitored daily. So maybe having a massive cheat day after winnning it all was awesome for them. Stop making everything about your hatred of Trump. Sometimes it isn’t about the people in DC and NYC.
Thanks for the lecture. You sure told me. And yeah, I’m sure they all loved eating cold junk food off of silver trays. Who wouldn’t? I’m surprised he didn’t throw in some homophobic Chick-fil-A while he was pulling this stunt.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Thanks for the lecture. You sure told me. And yeah, I’m sure they all loved eating cold junk food off of silver trays. Who wouldn’t? I’m surprised he didn’t throw in some homophobic Chick-fil-A while he was pulling this stunt.
Well. You need to hear something from someone outside your bubble once in a while. And yes, some players have come out and said it was great. Again, it wasn’t about you. As hard as it is to imagine.

Next, I can lecture you on all the good chick fil a does for the communities in which they reside. Like stepping up after Pulse for example. Or the hurricanes.

BuddyThomas

Well. You need to hear something from someone outside your bubble once in a while. And yes, some players have come out and said it was great. Again, it wasn’t about you. As hard as it is to imagine.

Next, I can lecture you on all the good chick fil a does for the communities in which they reside. Like stepping up after Pulse for example. Or the hurricanes.
Yes, thanks again. I’m so enlightened now. Thanks also for the healing dose of condescension that you and your colleagues on here like to fling so often.

As for Chick-fil-A, I don’t think we should go down that rabbit hole, but since you defended them:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chick-fil-a-gay-marriage/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-lgbt-twitter-jack-dorsey-apology-marriage-equality-2018-6

I could go on but you guys never click on the scary links anyway.

As to the Pulse nightclub thing, good for them.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/14/chick-fil-a-orlando-shooting/

Credit where credit is due but that does not erase the past and current homophobic stance of the company’s owners.

draybook

The same homophobes that handed out free drinks in the heat to people that were protesting them? Those monsters!!

Also, phobia implies a fear of. I don't think they're afraid of gay people, the owner didn't agree with the lifestyle.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
If you’re going through ATL, check out Truett’s Cafe. It’s basically a deluxe Chick-fil-a. Imagine getting fried okra and mac n’ cheese with that chicken. Yummy.8C8205A9-4E2E-4BC1-BDFB-F53B4E6626C7.jpeg

BuddyThomas

The same homophobes that handed out free drinks in the heat to people that were protesting them? Those monsters!!
Yeah, Draybook. I’ve avoided commenting on your posts because I was really sad to learn what side you are on because I have enjoyed and appreciated your posts on the rest of WDW Magic. That’s the worst thing about this political board. Anyway, carry on.

aw14

Wow...again I am on ignore. Remember?

Yes those dopes who actually made this a story. Sure...Trump meant they were a real mile high 🙄

LittleBuford

I agree the story has been overblown. The fact check, however, was clearly in jest:

FACT CHECK: At two inches each, a thousand burgers would not reach one mile high.​
Had Trump instead invested his entire net worth — $3.1 billion per Forbes last year — on $5 sandwiches, each two inches high? A stack of hamburgers nearly 20,000 miles high.​
It would require quite a large silver serving platter.​

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/15/president-trumps-extravagant-sandwich-celebration-clemson-university/?utm_term=.23c1488c2c8d)

Top Bottom