• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

kong1802

Advertisement
Honestly, I'm not surprised those on the right here haven't commented on it. They have nothing to gain from it. There is no defense of it, unless you are going to go with the "Well, in 1998 in a special session the dems did x" defense.....

But I am really surprised the national GOP leaders haven't weighed in. I expected a little more from Ryan, not sure why......

LittleBuford

I seem to remember a whole lot of "why aren't the liberals in this thread commenting/condemning" in this forum on a great number of subjects. Whether it was Antifa, sexual harassment charges against Dems, protests "violating" free speech of Republicans. Interesting reaction when the roles are reversed...
It’s because they need time to properly investigate the matter, whereas we’re expected to know everything about those topics and continually apologise for the reprobate behaviour of our fellow leftists.

drizgirl

Honestly, I'm not surprised those on the right here haven't commented on it. They have nothing to gain from it. There is no defense of it, unless you are going to go with the "Well, in 1998 in a special session the dems did x" defense.....

But I am really surprised the national GOP leaders haven't weighed in. I expected a little more from Ryan, not sure why......
More recent. 2011 I think.

Tony Perkis

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...se-has-no-plan-counter-mueller-report/577417/

The White House Has No Plan for Confronting the Mueller Report

Interesting takeaway from the article:

Giuliani said it’s been difficult in the past few months to even consider drafting response plans, or devote time to the “counter-report” he claimed they were working on this summer as he and Trump confronted Mueller’s written questions about the 2016 campaign.

“Answering those questions was a nightmare,” he told me. “It took him about three weeks to do what would normally take two days.”

21stamps

That's how it goes........it's a political game played by non politicians.....

I expect it in some degree from the politicians, the others....... not so much

ETA: I guess we all have our "excuse" lined up for the next story that makes our side look bad....Spring time? "Easter Bunny" February "Valentines" Summer "Picnics" etc...... :cool:

While you were googling Wisconsin, I was googling “is acceleration training worth it for an 8 year old”. That was my google priority this week, before writing the check. I find it ultra amusing that no one can understand why some subjects may be important than others over the course of a few days., and why they can’t possibly understand how there isn’t time to do it all. Says a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
More than anything, the absurdity of looking toward the potus, any potus in the current paradigm, to place blame for debt. As usual, these are either too stupid or too subversive to be taken at all seriously.
As usual, a condescending nothingpost.

:hilarious: Thanks for giving me the easy out with my children.

There’s an excellent mac n’ cheese restaurant chain called “Mac’s” in Wisconsin. Aside from that, what’s going on in Wisconsin doesn’t pique my interest enough to form an opinion.

Sorry, kids.
That's disappointing. So blatant corruption doesn't matter to you. Noted.

Dirty politics as usual.
Nothing "as usual" about it.

Please note away. The amount that I want to intellectually and emotionally invest myself into what people post here varies from day to day. I know what my limit is, and when I reach it, I don’t make a big production.
It's pretty simple. Wisconsin Republicans lost the Governorship. They're passing laws in the lame duck session to decrease the Governor's power.

What's hard?

What takes more effort than the two posts you already made? Just say, "If that's as you say, it's wrong."

aw14

While you were googling Wisconsin, I was googling “is acceleration training worth it for an 8 year old”. That was my google priority this week, before writing the check. I find it ultra amusing that no one can understand why some subjects may be important than others over the course of a few days., and why they can’t possibly understand how there isn’t time to do it all. Says a lot.
I agree. Heres the deal....both sides are "guilty" of not paying attention to certain stories. I responded to the "call out" since I had a free moment to do so.

On the flip side, the amount of times that I get ignored for "call outs" is staggering.

People respond based on time available and interest in the topic. Some of the irony of this silly argument is astounding

Last edited by a moderator:

21stamps

I don’t know yet. First session/assessment was yesterday. Kiddo could barely walk this morning.. but he loved it.. I just hope he doesn’t decide to stop loving it before the session ends. No refunds. Lol

(It’s basically 1 on 1 boot camp. I was scared that it might be too much for an 8 year old, and it’s not something you can fake your way thru..he has to be invested, hopefully he is)

Last edited:
Top Bottom