• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

I am a gun owner and I am strongly opposed to the NRA because they didn't do enough to protect my rights in NY, I am all for background checks and stricter penalties for violent criminals. I do not think any currently available weapon should be banned however. it is useless and can only lead to mass confiscation.
Do you believe the process we have in place today, namely regarding background checks, does enough to restrict sales to questionable applicants?

Advertisement
While media gushes over Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, a young republican woman in California became the first Korean American woman elected to congress. Of course she is conservative and was ignored by the press. Unbiased press-right!

Democrats must be so proud that Keith Ellison won his race. So much for the principles of the "Me too" movement.
That also includes Fox News. They didn’t cover it either.

So, you’re advocating to do nothing.

As in, the cost for letting you cling to your guns is a consistent stream of mass shootings, and you’re accepting of that.
Thats a logical fallacy because you're assuming a gun ban of any type would curb murder. You're wrong.
NRA nut: If only they'd had an armed security guard.

Response: They did.

NRA nut: A good guy with a gun would have stopped him.

Response: He killed an armed sheriff with 40 years experience.

NRA nut: He could have killed people with a knife.

Response: Not 13.

NRA nut: It's too soon. Don't politicize this.
Go ahead, take one data point and run with it. I'm sure you'll miss where the CDC said guns saved anywhere from 500k - 3 million lives in a year.

Do you believe the process we have in place today, namely regarding background checks, does enough to restrict sales to questionable applicants?
It's already illegal for who society deems crazies to buy guns.
You’re free to say what you want.

We don’t have to listen to it, though.
Lol! That's the most leftist thing I've ever read.

It’s ok.. I’ll graciously be to the “acceptable to be rude to” member. 😂😂

It’s ok, I can handle it. I don’t even need to ignore anyone :)
Auntie Maxine wouldn't have it any other way :D

You’re free to say what you want.

We don’t have to listen to it, though.
I think that's the problem with most of America - no one really listens to each other. It's all "resist".

Typical of the left.. censor free speech ;):D
What a pathetic response. The "right" on here are the first ones to slam their finger on the report button in order to get posts deleted. My blocking obnoxious, closed minded posters has nothing to do with censorship, which I oppose with every fiber of my being. It has everything to do with the fact that arguing with some of these people is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board, and then strut around like they won anyway. I don't need to try to reason with the unreasonable or those that have drunk so much Trump Kool Ade that they are probably turning as orange as him.

Auntie Maxine wouldn't have it any other way :D

I think that's the problem with most of America - no one really listens to each other. It's all "resist".
Luckily this is thru my phone.. not while I’m out in public.. if only Maxine could have just said “harass online” lol.

I know I’ve said this before, but it’s strange how some people view political disagreements as so “personal”. I can debate while I’m having drinks, or over lunch, and then we can laugh about a different subject a few minutes later. I think the Internet is a big culprit in the lack of tolerance in America.

So you advocate doing nothing.
...you do realize that bad people will continue to do bad things no matter what. If more people were aloud to carry guns they could thwart attacks on those who don't. Do you think Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Shummer and any other high power Liberal figure in the government doesn't have armed security, or are their lives worth more then ours as average citizens?

Last edited by a moderator:
...you do realize that bad people will continue to do bad things no matter what. If more people were aloud to carry guns they could thwart attacks on those who don't. Do you think Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Shummer and any other high power Liberal figure in the government doesn't have armed security, or are their lives worth more then ours as average citizens?
There is no evidence to prove that more firearms in circulation would lead to less gun violence.

A shooting, with a gun, "had nothing to do with guns". What do you even say to such "logic"?
That if you remove guns from the equation, killings would still happen. That mass killings is no time to make it about politics, but offer our support to the victims and their families. That the real issue is why some people choose to kill innocent others in the first place.

What a pathetic response. The "right" on here are the first ones to slam their finger on the report button in order to get posts deleted. My blocking obnoxious, closed minded posters has nothing to do with censorship, which I oppose with every fiber of my being. It has everything to do with the fact that arguing with some of these people is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board, and then strut around like they won anyway. I don't need to try to reason with the unreasonable or those that have drunk so much Trump Kool Ade that they are probably turning as orange as him.
It was a joke..

aw14

How old are you? My 1 & 6 year old have more common sense then you do...you do realize that bad people will continue to do bad things no matter what. If more people were aloud to carry guns they could thwart attacks on those who don't. Do you think Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Shummer and any other high power Liberal figure in the government doesn't have armed security, or are their lives worth more then ours as average citizens?
I loved watching Bernie Sanders, Andrew Cuomo and the like Protesting guns a few months back as their armored guards were standing right there.

Edit: I am amazed that when asked, the lefts plan is to ban automatic weapons. It was already tried and not successful. Once that is recognized, it goes to “you don’t care”. When all else fails...it is time for “my feelings.”

Oh the diversity of the democrat party shows us again who runs the party. West Coast elites and east coast elites.

Look at who will be running the most important committees and where they are from.

West coast-Waters, Schiff, Pelosi. (all CAL)
East coast-Cummings and Nadler. (New York-Baltimore)

How long are those that ran as "moderates" going to continue to fold to the coastal elites?

46 of the democrats elected claimed they would not support Pelosi and for many their first vote will be a slap in the face to their voters as they vote her as Speaker.

Last edited:
Meanwhile a mob went to Tucker Carlson's house last night-spray painted anarchy sign on his driveway-cracked his front door when one of the protesters slammed into the door. It was as Tucker described it- a threat.

Unfortunately Tucker's wife was evidently home alone and had to locked herself in a pantry.

Believed to be the antifa group "Smash Racism in DC." Same group that cowardly harassed Ted Cruz and his wife while they were attempting to have dinner.

Hope I don't have to listen to a bunch of excuse making, weak comparisons, and both sides do it nonsense.
Brought to you by the fair and open minds of the liberal left.

I'm just not sure how you can't seem to understand the political connection here. Iv'e spent far to much of my valuable time trying to drum just a small amount of common sense into your juvenile and brainwashed head. So just like you say I "subscribe to conspiracy theories and lies", then I guess you do as well. Lets agree on that and consider our conversations over from here on out.
I said you subscribe to conspiracy theories and lies because:

• You truly believe Breitbart and InfoWars tell the truth. You've admitted to this.
  • When I asked you to provide an example of fake news, you literally gave me "www.cnn.com"
  • When I asked you to be specific, you provided a link to an article that was describing a poll.
  • When pressed about why it was fake news, you provided nothing and didn't respond.
Additionally:

Even though you weren't asking me the question I will answer it anyway with one simple word...YES!!! How can you deny the financial success that just about everyone is seeing under Trump in this country?
This was an answer to a question I asked you whether you believed a poll that didn't exist.

The race game needs to end already. The Blacks have had more then ample time to make something of themselves...and if they have not and fell into the Democratic trap then that is their fault!
This was you going full racist and implying that it was the Democrats' fault that black people haven't made something of themselves yet.

Ever heard of a False Flag operation...do some research and educate yourself. It's funny how these things always seem to happen when the Dems are pushing gun control!
This was your response to the Pulse nightclub shooting.

No, because this was another false flag operation committed by those seeking gun control (i.e. George Soros), why was there an order to stand down as well as multiple shooters in the school?
This was your response to the Parkland school shootings.

I'm bring these up for a very specific reason: you legitimately do believe in lies and conspiracy theories. You reject what is going on around you in favor of rampant falsehoods spread by people who have no interest in telling the truth, and as a result, you conduct yourself in a largely uneducated, ignorant manner.

So, when you spout terrible ideas without any researched backing, I bring up this past to show not to listen to you.

Top Bottom