• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Club34

“What is "Far Right"
I hold the same beliefs I have held for a half century. Most of those I have validated through independent study. (It turns out, most of the stuff I learned from my parents and others in their generation, is true after all.)
So what defines me as "far right"?
Well, it is no secret that a LOT of folks in our culture have abandoned the teaching of their fathers. Many have rejected the lessons of history (If they ever bothered to study them in the first place). The natural result is a slide to the left. So, from their perspective, those of us who have not moved are "far right" IF we going to use the relative position of the left as the standard.
But what if we used the historical markers of the past generations (i.e. the founders of the republic) as the standard unit of measurement or baseline?
By THAT measure, I'm not "far right" at all. In fact, I would probably be considered "centrist" or "just right".
Navigation tip: When determining your position always measure from a fixed known point. IF you measure from a non-stationary point, you will NEVER know where you are.

I've rewritten a response to this about 4 times and none of them seem to fit. So maybe I will just respond with a question...what are people supposed to take from this? What are the takeaways for the "left" and the "right" from this piece?

My gut says this is total garbage and nothing but an eloquent semantics game about labels. And neither this person or most here on this forum for the past few pages has been willing to define their own terms for left and/or right to even invite the discussion...which is completely not surprising.

Gomer

Just to be sure....you went climate change from me ripping Nye? Right?

If we want to do this, I will find more that contradict. However the one I provided, had multiple scientists quotes within.

Your call....
Its a fact check on the person you were using to fact check Nye. You criticized me for using a source that wasn't squeaky clean. So I should expect the same in return.

I don't have the time or the desire to have another climate change debate on this forum. It goes nowhere. We've been down that road before. Neither of us are climate scientists, so we can do nothing but throw links at each other while we badmouth each other's sources. And our resident actual climate scientist has been wise enough not to pop back in this subforum in quite a while. So, it would be repetition of what we have already done with no real possibility of actually changing the other's mind.

aw14

Its a fact check on the person you were using to fact check Nye. You criticized me for using a source that wasn't squeaky clean. So I should expect the same in return.

I don't have the time or the desire to have another climate change debate on this forum. It goes nowhere. We've been down that road before. Neither of us are climate scientists, so we can do nothing but throw links at each other while we badmouth each other's sources. And our resident actual climate scientist has been wise enough not to pop back in this subforum in quite a while. So, it would be repetition of what we have already done with no real possibility of actually changing the other's mind.
Color me curious...who is our resident climate scientist? Honest question

Tony Perkis

I mean, how can you win this debate when his source is the Conservative Tribune?

aw14

“What is "Far Right"
I hold the same beliefs I have held for a half century. Most of those I have validated through independent study. (It turns out, most of the stuff I learned from my parents and others in their generation, is true after all.)
Well, it is no secret that a LOT of folks in our culture have abandoned the teaching of their fathers. Many have rejected the lessons of history (If they ever bothered to study them in the first place). The natural result is a slide to the left. So, from their perspective, those of us who have not moved are "far right" IF we going to use the relative position of the left as the standard.
But what if we used the historical markers of the past generations (i.e. the founders of the republic) as the standard unit of measurement or baseline?
By THAT measure, I'm not "far right" at all. In fact, I would probably be considered "centrist" or "just right".
Navigation tip: When determining your position always measure from a fixed known point. IF you measure from a non-stationary point, you will NEVER know where you are.

I've rewritten a response to this about 4 times and none of them seem to fit. So maybe I will just respond with a question...what are people supposed to take from this? What are the takeaways for the "left" and the "right" from this piece?

My gut says this is total garbage and nothing but an eloquent semantics game about labels. And neither this person or most here on this forum for the past few pages has been willing to define their own terms for left and/or right to even invite the discussion...which is completely not surprising.
Where I will disagree is that I do believe both sides here are quick to wrongfully label.

As an example, a poster here labeled me far right, for what seemed Like no other reason than we disagree.

It’s that behavior I believe the original post
On this was referring.

AEfx

Let's not pretend the right does not play their own brand of identity politics. Even Sharpiro admitted as much.
Never said they didn't. But when it comes to a presidential candidate, it isn't even a contest which party is going to have the worst time in regards to coming up with a candidate because of it

The democratic party has become so obsessed with identity politics, that they are more interested in how many boxes a candidate can check off. They will never nominate a white man again, and in fact, would have a hard time with the "base" with even a white woman again. Maybe if she were gay?

I don't think you are grasping just how much has changed in even just the past two years.

Tony Perkis

The democratic party has become so obsessed with identity politics, that they are more interested in how many boxes a candidate can check off. They will never nominate a white man again, and in fact, would have a hard time with the "base" with even a white woman again. Maybe if she were gay?
This is so absurd that I'm convinced it's parody.

Club34

This ‘box’ mentality is not something that I will ever believe in. It is the opposite of everything we should think. It is segregationist..it’s an insult to individuality. It’s the worst insult to someone’s own intelligence.. people do not have to walk in lock-step with someone else because of their skin color, gender, or sexuality.
The Kanye thing is simply crazy attracts crazy.

I am a Republican because I think for myself and I believe in the party platform.
Funny you never seem to extend the same courtesy to your brothers and sisters on the left.

I sure enjoy some of your post. They give me some great laughs. Not sure he will get the joke.
The joke is you folks thinking anyone here gives a ---- about Kanye or Nye. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but why would someone care?

Triggered over the doctor? I’m not triggered at all. It’s clearly optics.

I think it’s hilarious that’s just how they dressed him.
I really can't fathom how that point was missed. The photo is so odd. Who is that guy? It might as well have been a pirate. LOL

EricsBiscuit

“What is "Far Right"

i define right wing as pro individual freedom and left wing as pro government control.
The Kanye thing is simply crazy attracts crazy.

Funny you never seem to extend the same courtesy to your brothers and sisters on the left.

The joke is you folks thinking anyone here gives a ---- about Kanye or Nye. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but why would someone care?

I really can't fathom how that point was missed. The photo is so odd. Who is that guy? It might as well have been a pirate. LOL
No it's funny that the Democrat party doesn't have the ability to think outside of race, gender, age, ethnicity etc. confining everyone to a group and telling them how to think based off that group.

Top Bottom