• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
One of the non-Stamps far right wing crazies called you racist.
LOL. I can practically guess which one. Anyway, I said absolutely nothing whatsoever that was racist. Unless they think I am racist against orange people. In that case, they are correct, if Orange Demon can be classified as a race. If so, then yes, I am a total racist against the Orange Demon in Chief.

As to race issues, let's remember that most of these people are the ones who tied themselves up into hundreds of knots while their heads were exploding when football players were taking a knee. So maybe they need to look inward, at themselves. Or maybe they need to go see THE HATE U GIVE, which opens this weekend, and which is currently 96% positive on Rotten Tomatoes. But I won't hold my breath waiting for them to race to the box office with their dollars waving in their hot little hands to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Perkis

Advertisement
LOL. I can practically guess which one. Anyway, I said absolutely nothing whatsoever that was racist. Unless they think I am racist against orange people. In that case, they are correct, if Orange Demon can be classified as a race. If so, then yes, I am a total racist against the Orange Demon in Chief.

As to race issues, let's remember that most of these people are the ones who tied themselves up into hundreds of knots while their heads were exploding when football players were taking a knee. So maybe they need to look inward, at themselves. Or maybe they need to go see THE HATE U GIVE, which opens this weekend, and which is currently 96% positive on Rotten Tomatoes. But I won't hold my breath waiting for them to race to the box office with their dollars waving in their hot little hands to get in.

That film has been advertised heavily at the theatre i frequent. I doubt it will topple BlacKKKlasman as the best film of the year, but it’s on the agenda. That, and First Man, which the right attacked sight unseen.

You started that one post using a “black man” sentence, with nothing bad about it.

You got called racist and the left was then characterized as racist. It was one of 3 what’s his name.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
That film has been advertised heavily at the theatre i frequent. I doubt it will topple BlacKKKlasman as the best film of the year, but it’s on the agenda. That, and First Man, which the right attacked sight unseen.

You started that one post using a “black man” sentence, with nothing bad about it.

You got called racist and the left was then characterized as racist. It was one of 3 what’s his name.
LOL - figures. Yeah BlacKKKlansman was brilliant and even though I freaking loved A Star is Born last weekend, I think BlacKKKlansman has a lock on Best Picture this year for how topical it is (and how well made it is).

Why the freaking hell would the right attack First Man? That is supposed to be brilliant. Do they think it is about a "first man" who is husband of a woman president or something? If so, that makes perfect sense.

Tony Perkis

LOL - figures. Yeah BlacKKKlansman was brilliant and even though I freaking loved A Star is Born last weekend, I think BlacKKKlansman has a lock on Best Picture this year for how topical it is (and how well made it is).

Why the freaking hell would the right attack First Man? That is supposed to be brilliant. Do they think it is about a "first man" who is husband of a woman president or something? If so, that makes perfect sense.
A Star is Born is outstanding. I caught it last night. It wasn’t particularly shocking to see Gaga THAT GOOD since I’ve seen AHS: Hotel.

They think First Man is anti-American because the film didn’t show the flag officially being physically planted, even though its on every NASA branded uniform and shown on the moon post planting. Snowflakes.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
A Star is Born is outstanding. I caught it last night. It wasn’t particularly shocking to see Gaga THAT GOOD since I’ve seen AHS: Hotel.

They think First Man is anti-American because the film didn’t show the flag officially being physically planted, even though its on every NASA branded uniform and shown on the moon post planting. Snowflakes.
Oh my God. How typical. It's probably a racist movie too because it doesn't contain a Kanye song.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Even most sane people thought Venom sucked despite an Eminem song.
Yeah, that's too bad. I was looking forward to Venom until it got slaughtered in pretty much every review. However, one review said it was so bad that it was good-bad - they called it the Rocky Horror of Superhero films. I might have to give it a look when it hits tv. I love campy trash. ;)

Tony Perkis

Yeah, that's too bad. I was looking forward to Venom until it got slaughtered in pretty much every review. However, one review said it was so bad that it was good-bad - they called it the Rocky Horror of Superhero films. I might have to give it a look when it hits tv. I love campy trash. ;)
I caught it last week. It’s a massive missed opportunity. Not because of a lack of gore; that didn’t bug me.

The second half of the film had such good banter between Brock and Venom. It took an hour to get to that point due to some nonsense drama with Carey Mulligan and Dan Egen from Veep.

Also, seeing Rocky Horror in theatres tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Premium Member
B-movie quality with a script the audience has memorized to love and lampoon? That might interest me.

21stamps

Lol far right. I guess that makes you Uber-left

You evidently didn’t get the emoji laden humor based on previous posts of buddy being a snowflake calling people homophobes etc....

You seem a tad slower on the uptake than usual. 🤣

See....emoji typically means JOKE
You beat me to it.

One of the non-Stamps far right wing crazies called you racist.
I’m sure I won’t get an answer to this.. but I’ll try anyway....

Do you know the standard definition of “far right”?

gsam4ever

B-movie quality with a script the audience has memorized to love and lampoon? That might interest me.
One...Rocky Horror is one the best things ever. I spent many a Friday nights down in Coconut Grove at midnight getting ready for the movie with all my friends.

Two...Venom was absolute garbage and not in the "in ten years it will be a cult classic where people will be screaming lines to the screen" but more in the vein of Halle Berry's Catwoman or the last Fantastic Four movie. It was truly abysmal.

OneofThree

Do you know the standard definition of “far right”?
I actually just read this on someone's FB yesterday:

“What is "Far Right"
I hold the same beliefs I have held for a half century. Most of those I have validated through independent study. (It turns out, most of the stuff I learned from my parents and others in their generation, is true after all.)
So what defines me as "far right"?
Well, it is no secret that a LOT of folks in our culture have abandoned the teaching of their fathers. Many have rejected the lessons of history (If they ever bothered to study them in the first place). The natural result is a slide to the left. So, from their perspective, those of us who have not moved are "far right" IF we going to use the relative position of the left as the standard.
But what if we used the historical markers of the past generations (i.e. the founders of the republic) as the standard unit of measurement or baseline?
By THAT measure, I'm not "far right" at all. In fact, I would probably be considered "centrist" or "just right".
Navigation tip: When determining your position always measure from a fixed known point. IF you measure from a non-stationary point, you will NEVER know where you are.

EricsBiscuit

If Kanye was white, the left wouldn't attack him as viciously for supporting Trump. The Dems are seeing the cracks in the walls of their handouts for votes plantation and are panicking.

21stamps

I actually just read this on someone's FB yesterday:

“What is "Far Right"
I hold the same beliefs I have held for a half century. Most of those I have validated through independent study. (It turns out, most of the stuff I learned from my parents and others in their generation, is true after all.)
So what defines me as "far right"?
Well, it is no secret that a LOT of folks in our culture have abandoned the teaching of their fathers. Many have rejected the lessons of history (If they ever bothered to study them in the first place). The natural result is a slide to the left. So, from their perspective, those of us who have not moved are "far right" IF we going to use the relative position of the left as the standard.
But what if we used the historical markers of the past generations (i.e. the founders of the republic) as the standard unit of measurement or baseline?
By THAT measure, I'm not "far right" at all. In fact, I would probably be considered "centrist" or "just right".
Navigation tip: When determining your position always measure from a fixed known point. IF you measure from a non-stationary point, you will NEVER know where you are.
“Extreme right” has always been fascist, racists, ie Nazi (yes, it is appropriate to use that word here)..

Now- “extreme right”/“far right” is anyone who doesn’t agree with someone on the left.

Why? Because those people don’t know history, don’t know politics, don’t know correct terminology, basically-don’t really know much at all.

OneofThree

Why? Because those people don’t know history, don’t know politics, don’t know correct terminology, basically-don’t really know much at all.
I agree for the most part. I would only add that there does exist a contingent who really are aware, and so forward the inaccurate definitions subversively. Generally, these include the "academic" and political elite, looking upon themselves as caretakers benevolently shouldering the burden of bringing about "progress" for their less gifted brethren.

Last edited:
Top Bottom