• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

21stamps

As someone who has also carried a child, I can't imagine forcing a woman to do so unless that is her choice. It's one thing to go through labor/c-section because you want a child badly enough to do so, but quite another to be forced to do so.

Obviously, my first choice would be for a woman who chooses to have sex to also choose to not get pregnant in the first place, by using effective BC correctly.
As someone who has also carried a child, I can't imagine forcing a woman to do so unless that is her choice. It's one thing to go through labor/c-section because you want a child badly enough to do so, but quite another to be forced to do so.

Obviously, my first choice would be for a woman who chooses to have sex to also choose to not get pregnant in the first place, by using effective BC correctly.
I would never force a woman to keep a baby. What I want, and what Pro Life means to me is these two main points-
EDUCATION on options when pregnant.
NO late term or partial abortions.

Both PP and NARAL- aka the mainstays/loudmouths/most influential of the Pro Choice movement- advocate for late term and partial. They hated when the law changed. They hated when Florida voted FOR parental consent.
Abortion is legal, but there is nothing that says women shouldn’t be educated of their choices, and there is definitely nothing that says it can be at any point.

21stamps

Advertisement
It was vandalized, not attacked. There was literally no violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lohud.com/amp/1615104002

I don’t condone this by Antifa in the slightest, but stop spreading fake news.
🙄

Apparently Antifa attacked the NY GOP HQ. Hasn't been this much violence from the Democrats since the KKK.

This isn’t the first time. It was bad in ‘04- attacking/vandalizing campaign offices/vehicles/signs. The following campaigns weren’t as bad, but now here we are again.
It’s just worse now because of social media.

This is their playbook- Destroy.

AEfx

It was vandalized, not attacked. There was literally no violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lohud.com/amp/1615104002

I don’t condone this by Antifa in the slightest, but stop spreading fake news.
Violence doesn't mean "directed at people" - it means "use of destructive physical force" against a person or thing.

Considering how much damage they did, starting with throwing bricks through windows - yes, I would call it violence.

It was actually bordering on terrorism, given that it was a planned violent act that they even left a note detailing that they did it specifically to intimidate them.

21stamps

I’ve talked about the 2004 campaign often.. it’s the nastiest that I’ve ever seen.. personally. The only difference then was social media.

For those who want to use the “Trump Excuse” and claim you’re trying to save the world from him.

Let me take you on trip thru memory lane...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1271607/posts?page=3
If Only They Hated Terrorists This Much Dustin Hawkins November 4th,, 2004

After conceding the election to President Bush, John Kerry encouraged the American people to "begin the healing" and said it was time for us to come together and unite. It is not that easy, Johnny Boy.

Who are we suppose to unite with? The people who vandalized Republican headquarters around the nation? Those who sprayed bullets through GOP offices, hurled rocks and cinder blocks through windows, sprayed racist and anti-Bush graffiti on walls outside and broke laptops and other equipment inside? Or just unite with those large groups of unkempt hippies who attempted to overtake Republican headquarters around the nation?

What about the people who vandalized and egged cars that had Republican bumper stickers on them, or those who slashed the tires of dozens of GOP Campaign vehicles election morning? Is this what we are suppose to unite with?

Are we supposed to unite with the anti-American Michael Moore who thinks Americans are dumb and who has a disgustingly high following to prove his point? Or the Mainstream Media who spreads gossip faster than my Aunt Ester at a Sunday Brunch, or CBS who conveniently rolled out their "I Hate Bush" Book of the Month Club on national television in time for the election? Or just unite with MTV's national "Rock The Vote" campaign to oust Bush (because he will draft you to die), or the hysterical celebrities who line up to call Republicans racist, sexist, ageist, and "those people who, are like, you know, like evil." (And speaking of celebrities, thanks to Puffy Muffy Diddy Daddy we got to deal with the most moronic slogan ever: “Vote or Die.” Umm, okay.)

Two weeks before the election, a friend and the College Republican Chairman at Florida Atlantic University, Dana Roberts, had her car surrounded by Kerry supporters who then began spitting and throwing beer on her car, and then tacked it with Kerry stickers. They said that Roberts, who is black, had sided with the Ku Klux Klan. Other Republicans at the college faced similar fates. (Oh but wait! Time to unite!)

On Election Day, I joined hundreds of Bush supporters to gather for one last day long push in Boca Raton, Florida in the heart of Palm Beach County. We cheered, and we had a great time. We loved every minute of it. The people who we are supposed to unite with spit on some us, flicked off most of us and told all of us to F’ off and to F’ Bush. These people make France seem like a desirable ally.

We smiled, we waved, and we said thank you. As luck would have it, we would be smiling all through the night.

21stamps

The difference between 2004 and Now is that the Democrat leaders were not calling for that type of behavior, they were calling for unity, they didn’t want to be associated with thug-crazy-madness.. Now- they embrace #resist. They freely announce that they do not want civility.

They have become everything they claim to be against... and they can’t use “Donald Trump” as an excuse. Too many of us haven’t lost our memories.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Violence doesn't mean "directed at people" - it means "use of destructive physical force" against a person or thing.

Considering how much damage they did, starting with throwing bricks through windows - yes, I would call it violence.

It was actually bordering on terrorism, given that it was a planned violent act that they even left a note detailing that they did it specifically to intimidate them.
Protesters/agitators typically deny violence when acts aren’t committed against person(s). I’ve seen enough of it locally. Destruction of property is completely justified to them. There’s no point in trying to level with these types if you encounter them online.

The Mom

Premium Member
I would never force a woman to keep a baby. What I want, and what Pro Life means to me is these two main points-
EDUCATION on options when pregnant.
NO late term or partial abortions.

Both PP and NARAL- aka the mainstays/loudmouths/most influential of the Pro Choice movement- advocate for late term and partial. They hated when the law changed. They hated when Florida voted FOR parental consent.
Abortion is legal, but there is nothing that says women shouldn’t be educated of their choices, and there is definitely nothing that says it can be at any point.
I still disagree. I would not want to force a woman to go through a pregnancy, labor & delivery if she did not choose to do so. I'm not going to go through my personal reasons again, but am thankful that I had a choice about continuing my own pregnancy.

Willmark

They're already violent. It's a question of how much worse will it get.
Right now it’s Antifa hurling glass jars, urine bombs, m-80s, rocks, bricks and lighting stuff on fire, generally at rallies.

I fully expect that an election loss will send the left over the edge of we’ll see another Timothy McVey type who wasn’t really left or right (despite attempts by both sides) to pin him to their political opponents. He was certainly anti government but I’m not sure he belongs to the idea of right wing terrorism anymore than left wing. I know what the links people will inevitably post will say (right wing terrorism) and that may be, but it’s also not my point.

My point is that we’ve had relatively few incidents like that since 1995. But given the ease of what he made and the scale? That should make anyone take pause regardless of political affiliation.

Last edited:

Jim S

I still disagree. I would not want to force a woman to go through a pregnancy, labor & delivery if she did not choose to do so. I'm not going to go through my personal reasons again, but am thankful that I had a choice about continuing my own pregnancy.
But not everyone involved in this process has a fair and free choice. Who speaks for the living being in the womb? Do they get a choice?

Jim S

Protesters/agitators typically deny violence when acts aren’t committed against person(s). I’ve seen enough of it locally. Destruction of property is completely justified to them. There’s no point in trying to level with these types if you encounter them online.
Every Trump supporter I know will not put a Trump sticker on their vehicle-many will never wear a MAGA hat or Trump supporting t-shirt in public.
Not worth the risk of being attacked.

They fear violence from the left-period.

Tony the Tigger

I don't think this is a right wing Fox-esque news site: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/10/12/17969824/star-wars-marvel-chuck-wendig-fired-tweets. But, it really would fly under the radar of those who aren't interested in Marvel, etc.
I was about to stand corrected until I clicked your link, and then the link to his “offensive tweet storm.”

I would argue this was one of those things most of us never heard of while it began as a right wing story. They took something and blew it up to get someone fired because he expressed progressive views and used some bad words. It was, in fact, a Fox-esque story to begin with, like so many fake illegal-voting outrage pieces, Antifa pieces, etc.

I expected a lot worse when I clicked to read his tweets. They were just his personal opinion, very similar to mine, in a moment of outrage over the hearing.

I guess I can never work for a big company because I posted something similar about Kanye yesterday.

Sometimes we calm down first and control ourselves; sometimes we don’t. These platforms encourage casual speech as if you were having a conversation with your friends. It’s no big deal.

He maybe could have been reprimanded, taught that what he did was unprofessional and reflected poorly on his employer, make an apology and don’t do it again.

EricsBiscuit

But my question to you is: is that fair to the child?
Every Trump supporter I know will not put a Trump sticker on their vehicle-many will never wear a MAGA hat or Trump supporting t-shirt in public.
Not worth the risk of being attacked.

They fear violence from the left-period.
I've worn my Trump hat and Trump shirts in public many times. If I offend someone they can look the other way.

Top Bottom