• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

EricsBiscuit

Advertisement
For the record, @BuddyThomas I did not see anyone call you a racist and I do not have @OneofThree on ignore. "Hypocrite" was suggested, but not racist, unless something was removed/edited.

Got it!

You will find exceptions in every category. Sometimes they just live in a different set of circumstances (typically money) that make them more or less immune to the circumstances more typical to their category. (Example: a rich black man may be less concerned about the ghetto than people who grew up in the ghetto.)

So that man may vote in his own self interest rather than in the interest of his category (i.e. more worried about his tax rate than if people are denied their right to vote.)

You will find gay people who are against gay marriage. Obviously you will find women against having the right to choose.

Sometimes people who vote or just believe what appears to be against their own self-interest could use a therapist. (A gay person who thinks they won't ever get married because nobody likes them right now may say they are against gay marriage. IMO, that's a selfish point of view, but understandable if they are psychologically stuck somewhere.)

Other times they're just practical, as in the tax rate vs. voting example.

Sometimes they're naive, ill-informed, not politically active, etc.

So, generally speaking, yes - if a gay person is voting for Republicans, there's some deeper digging to do there. Are they just rich and single and not able to see the future or care about the circumstances of others like them? Or are they somewhere along that psychological bridge where they were able to say they were gay, but they're not that gay. They won't accept certain sex roles. They won't dance with their arms in the air. They think they're "the good gay" because they don't "make trouble." Some people would praise them for that. (The wrong people from whom to seek praise.)

Examples of individuals who cross the lines are generally unimportant statistically. Don't expect all are rational actors, that's my point, I guess.

And yes, gay people and black people supporting Trump have made some kind of bargain with themselves to allow part of themselves to be ignored/exploited/discriminated against in exchange for something else.

Or they're so gullible, they believe Trump when he says he gives a rip about black and gay people.
This post is very disturbing. The left talks about systematic racism and then they blame it on the right. Meanwhile, they categorize everyone and try to destroy people who don't fit their categories. I'm a Hispanic. I am a Republican. I am a Republican because I think for myself and I believe in the party platform.

21stamps

This post is very disturbing. The left talks about systematic racism and then they blame it on the right. Meanwhile, they categorize everyone and try to destroy people who don't fit their categories. I'm a Hispanic. I am a Republican. I am a Republican because I think for myself and I believe in the party platform.
Wait, so you don’t fit in a neat little box of what someone tells you to be restricted to?

How dare you?!!

aw14

I love how the left crushes Kanye (not a fan personally). Not a word with Obama having Jay z and Beyonce in the situation room, or snoop talking about how he smoked weed in the WH.

And let’s not talk about how Bill destroyed the sanctity of the Oval Office. 🚬 lol sorry just had to

I am so amazed at hearing many who post here that are on the left regurgitate talking points from CNN verbatim. Pathetic

The Mom

Premium Member
I am also getting so sick of men and non-parents continuing to say how “pro life” is such an evil thing.. and that men are responsible for it.

1. A group of men determined Roe v Wade.

2. None of you have carried a child. Not that you need to in order to be pro life, but it you have, you might understand that a lot of women who are “Pro Life” know what a pregnancy feels like.. feels the baby move inside of her, hears their heartbeat.
Yes, some mothers are Pro Choice.. and I can’t understand that.. but, abortion is legal, so it is what it is.. What we can do as Pro Choice is make sure that abortions are limited to the earliest of stages, and that education is provided so women understand that they have other choices besides aborting a human life.

So, when talking about women “voting against their own interests” by being a pro lifer.. you couldn’t be more wrong. We are voting for OUR interests, the interest of human life.
As someone who has also carried a child, I can't imagine forcing a woman to do so unless that is her choice. It's one thing to go through labor/c-section because you want a child badly enough to do so, but quite another to be forced to do so.

Obviously, my first choice would be for a woman who chooses to have sex to also choose to not get pregnant in the first place, by using effective BC correctly.

Jim S

I love how the left crushes Kanye (not a fan personally). Not a word with Obama having Jay z and Beyonce in the situation room, or snoop talking about how he smoked weed in the WH.

And let’s not talk about how Bill destroyed the sanctity of the Oval Office. 🚬 lol sorry just had to

I am so amazed at hearing many who post here that are on the left regurgitate talking points from CNN verbatim. Pathetic
I have never heard one of Kanye songs-so I know nothing about him and he could turn on Trump at any time. But one thing for sure he has the press and the democrats' heads' exploding. You are correct pointing out their hypocrisy concerning the Oval Office. Liked the cigar reference.

They know if republicans get 20% of the black vote the democrats can not win a national election and this is why they are showing this level of panic.
It was comical watching some of the liberal networks the last few nights. They said he was a token Negro-said he is what happens when Negros don't read. He is mentally ill. Can you imagine the right doing this?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

How about Rick Ross’ ankle bracelet beeping while he was at the White House with Obama?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/18/rick-ross-white-house-ankle-bracelet-obama/

Not that I care, but if anyone complains about profanity in the White House. Someone, not here, did.

Uncle Joe and the BFD:

aw14

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

Good way to deflect. Bravo....and truly predictable
I just can’t imagine waking up and being triggered by Bill Nye of all people.

He played a role on children’s infotainment programming.

I’m guessing you don’t like him because he called Donald Trump a conspiracy theorist regarding his stance on climate change (that China caused it for economic purposes), but the fact that you get triggered over Bill Nye of all people is the height of ridiculousness.

Jim S

You lot are predictable.
I just can’t imagine waking up and being triggered by Bill Nye of all people.

He played a role on children’s infotainment programming.

I’m guessing you don’t like him because he called Donald Trump a conspiracy theorist regarding his stance on climate change (that China caused it for economic purposes), but the fact that you get triggered over Bill Nye of all people is the height of ridiculousness.

This coming from a guy who was triggered by some guy in Doctor's garb at a Trump rally. Too funny.

Top Bottom