• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

EricsBiscuit

You haven't answered anything. You still can't account for why white supremacists see themselves as belonging to the far right. Instead, you're peddling the lie that they are secret communists. It's just pure fantasy, and not of the good Disney kind.
Im not a neo Nazi so I have no clue why on earth they call themselves right wing when the policies they support discriminate and destroy freedom. I cannot speak for them. I'm only suggesting that you look at history. It's probably political maneuvering.
@EricsBiscuit I understand your frustration with FEMA.. it’s a slow process.. it can take so long to get help. That front line aspect is where charities excel.. but here’s a snippet of FEMA relief after Irma, for Florida.. this amount, and it still wasn’t enough.

The $1 billion, approved through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program includes $693.4 million in Housing Assistance—$503.8 million to help pay rent for those whose homes were not habitable after the storm and another $180.8 million for home repairs. Nearly $307 million was approved for Other Needs Assistance, which helps with other losses and disaster expenses that can make it hard for people to get back on their feet, such as transportation to and clothes for work, childcare and disaster-related funeral expenses.
The money they spend will never be enough. It's a money sink and in government, money sink means corruption.
Shocker. :jawdrop:

Totally false? It was true money was transferred, but it was not from the "disaster relief" pool? So you're both right and both wrong. Got it. God bless people unable to hold more than one truth.

Well, maybe a clever meme showing a crying liberal? That seems to pass as "evidence". Or kettle on line #1.

It's a Christmas miracle, you finally owned something. :)

mkt answered for me. I was going to say something similar.

So the only indicator of a free or capitalist market is no controls? A hardline, extreme NO controls? I'm just trying to understand you/your pov [why, I have no idea but that's on me].

I was about to respond to a prior post with what you posted there. And I think you of anyone should recognize that at the highest levels of power and money, these things just look the same. Does it strike you as odd that the last several administrations [at least in my lifetime] are flooded with Goldman Sachs folks and the like? The white house might as well be on Wall Street. That is what should worry you.

My position is this so-called "free market" in America [and its global to a certain degree now] is synonymous with our government. There is no need for the industry to be nationalized when it owns the government and dictates what it does to the government via lobbyists and favorable legislation for its own benefit.

I brought this up before and you did not reply to it [nobody did actually]. Do you support an amendment to ban private monies from government? I'm talking the elections, lobbyists, etc...

Peculiar list. And I don't disagree. Just making me think.
To an extent I agree with you. Crony capitalism is terrible. But "taking money out of politics" as some say would only help incumbents. There are other ways to bribe politicians than with money, thus ending bribery is impossible. Also, I think that if you want to curtail corruption, curtail the power of government so that there's less or hopefully no reason to bribe officials in the first place.
I have Biscuits on block and Jim is going there too if he insults me one more time or tells one more verifiable lie, because seriously, what's the point in talking to a wall? So if they tell you it's fake news, let me know.
You talk about insults yet you insult me all the time. I haven't called you an idiot, lunatic, in need of a psychologist, repeatedly and you've blocked me. This means I must be on the right path. "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

BuddyThomas

Advertisement
Sorry. One more.

Nubs70

I'm just posting this video here in honor of the magnificent Marin Mazzie, Broadway royalty, who passed away this morning at the age of 57 after a long battle with ovarian cancer. This is not political, but maybe some of us on here, myself included, can take a little pause and think about how fragile life is, and the fact that a bunch of Disney fans are tearing each other apart on a daily basis over politics is totally absurd. In the meantime, here is Marin singing a beautiful rendition of "The World Goes Round" by Kander and Ebb (Chicago, Cabaret, etc.) The world is a little bit less without her. RIP, Marin Mazzie:
A graduate of the same university as Tim Allen.

KBLovesDisney

What did I miss?
It probably has already been talked about with our prez denying death tolls in Puerto Rico and how he keeps claiming that it was a 'success'. But now he is arguing that Democrats had something to do with it.

Alright, let me preface by saying I didn't vote. I am not against either parties whatsoever. I am of the mindset that if a person runs for president and wants to look after our country, then by all means I am here to back you up.

But this guy...I don't think he is looking after us, but trying to just keep his own butt covered.

Angel Ariel

It probably has already been talked about with our prez denying death tolls in Puerto Rico and how he keeps claiming that it was a 'success'. But now he is arguing that Democrats had something to do with it.

Alright, let me preface by saying I didn't vote. I am not against either parties whatsoever. I am of the mindset that if a person runs for president and wants to look after our country, then by all means I am here to back you up.

But this guy...I don't think he is looking after us, but trying to just keep his own butt covered.
Ah,, ok...wasn’t sure if something new had happened :) thanks

gsam4ever

Sounds about right.

Top Bottom