General Pandora and Valley of Mo'ara reviews, comments and questions

stretchsje

The best review of the land that I've read thus far is by @lentesta here:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/15/review-pandora-world-avatar/

I've only seen the ride-through videos, but I agree with the sentiment of not having any attachment to the characters and the attractions suffering for it. As someone who's planning his next trip, I'm eager to see the land and the technology even though I'm apathetic about the rides and story, which is kind of a reversal from how I used to feel about Disney compared with Universal Studios. (Example: I thought "Twister" had an awesome effect but didn't care about the movie.)

Perhaps- and hopefully- some synergy between the land and upcoming movies will create more emotional attachment to the characters and world.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

The best review of the land that I've read thus far is by @lentesta here:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/15/review-pandora-world-avatar/

I've only seen the ride-through videos, but I agree with the sentiment of not having any attachment to the characters and the attractions suffering for it. As someone who's planning his next trip, I'm eager to see the land and the technology even though I'm apathetic about the rides and story, which is kind of a reversal from how I used to feel about Disney compared with Universal Studios. (Example: I thought "Twister" had an awesome effect but didn't care about the movie.)

Perhaps- and hopefully- some synergy between the land and upcoming movies will create more emotional attachment to the characters and world.
You should be eager for FoP. It's beautiful.

flyerjab

I visited the Mo'ara Valley on 3 separate occasions on our brief trip. For me, the rides are great, the food and merchandise are both well done, but the true star of this land is, well, the land. It is a piece of artwork that you are allowed to enter into. From the Flaska Reclinata all the way back to the Hallelujah Mountains that grace the skyline in back of the merchandise building - there are no views that don't warrant a photograph. It is unbelievable to me how this was achieved. It is a handmade rainforest, with flora ranging in size from delicate to immense, all in the shadows of the mountains overhead. And all of this is framed against a grounded mountain range with rock arches that cascade off into the distance. The horizon is not a painted-on flat surface. It is a handcrafted illusion, strengthened by waterfalls that shrink in size as they sink back into the distance.

There are also a few paths off of the main passageway that all navigate around a central rock and water feature. Small waterfalls dance and splash down multiple channels into a pond. When the sun hits this, you can see reflections from the water on the underside of the floating mountains above. It is a beautiful and breathtaking visual.

The animal and insect sounds throughout the land are truly all encompassing. You will hear an animal's call from one side of the valley, only to hear an answering or challenging call in response from some other distant place. And it is all random, and they do change in the evening hours.

The fact that we still have not truly experienced it at night tells me that as inspiring as it seems now, it will truly become something amazing after the sun has set. I cannot wait until next week for the media preview.

Last edited:

Texas84

Spectacular. If you look towards the show building it feels like you are in a valley. I was worried this would be a letdown after all the pictures posted here. Nope. It's stunning. Look for the old base walls being devoured by nature.

One of the 'animals' in the forest let out a roar and the CM on duty said, "What's that girl? Timmy fell in the well again?" He must have to listen to that all day. And if you get that joke you're old. :)

Rteetz

One thing I haven't read from anyone who has visited the land is whether it uses background music or not. I am asking about the land itself, not the rides.
No background music. It's realistic sounds. That's one thing people have been very impressed with. You'll hear an animal sound then another animal makes a response in the distance. The sounds also change from morning to mid day to night.

flyerjab

One thing I haven't read from anyone who has visited the land is whether it uses background music or not. I am asking about the land itself, not the rides.

There is definitely music near the eating areas as well as inside the QS and bathrooms.

There are other broad sections that are all insect and animal sounds. Also, pretty much everywhere you go you can hear water. The sound of water is almost omnipresent in Pandora.

Texas84

sigh
WP_20170521_13_24_05_Rich-s.jpg

tribbleorlfl

I would say my absolute favorite part of Pandora are all of the RDA remnants that are either being repurposed or being reclaimed by the jungle. The manhole covers, the barrel rust stains in the concrete, the crashed helicopter covered in vibes, those are the kind of immersive details that directly link to the film and tell a story without explicitly stating it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom