General Marvel News: Phases, Timelines, Misc....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hmmm... If Oscar's in Cairo for more Moon Knight, it must be for pre-production because I doubt all three personalities will have a full beard.

Could be its a flash back or flash forward scene. As Marc did grow one after being crippled by Bushman in the comics. Bushman was referenced in Season 1. So maybe they're doing that or a similar story arc for Season 2.

Ghost93

Not a chance. Feige name dropped Harry Styles when highlighting the cosmic part of the MCU at comic-con. He’ll bring out a lot of casual fans.

I’m also assuming the story will be a lot more streamlined and relevant to the MCU.
Eternals is WAAAY too big budget for Disney Plus. You simply can't get the good CGI to do the Celestials on a Disney Plus budget.

The Eternals sequel will benefit from having a simpler story (it's a rescue mission) and a much smaller cast. With Ikaris, Ajak and Gilgamesh killed off and Sprite becoming a human, that leaves us with only six Eternals instead of the unwieldy 10 from the first movie.

Well, maybe 7 if you include Harry Styles — who is sure to be a box office draw for his fans.

Jedijax719

I see what you are all saying. I don't get the sense that there are any ill feeings toward Chloe Zhao and I truly think people want to give her a chance. But that chance is a VERY expensive chance.

If they can spotlight a famous villain (like Galactus) or have the Celestials as the central point, then maybe, just maybe it could work. But the risks are huge.

Ghost93

I see what you are all saying. I don't get the sense that there are any ill feeings toward Chloe Zhao and I truly think people want to give her a chance. But that chance is a VERY expensive chance.

If they can spotlight a famous villain (like Galactus) or have the Celestials as the central point, then maybe, just maybe it could work. But the risks are huge.
I think people are willing to give her a second chance since she had to undergo a huge learning curve with the first movie going from very small budget indie dramas to a massive $200 million epic.

I think her directing and the visuals were the best part of the first film, so if we can get a tighter script I think it could work out well.

Maybe have one of the post credit scenes lead directly into the Avengers so that people realize the Eternals are actually important. As is, they feel very disconnected from the larger MCU.

Jedijax719

The MCU has something going for it that other IP's do not (which includes Star Wars and DCEU). That is fans are willing to let bygones be bygones and give sub-IP's another chance. Thor could have been gone after Dark World. Ironman could have been gone after IM2. Etc etc. But the challenge with Eternals is that it may struggle to find its place in the current MCU.

BrianLo

Henry would make a great Wolverine, albeit tall.

Him playing the thing would be funny, but I feel like a character actor is better in that roll.

Or flip it and play a villain, but Giancarlo Esposito is 100 percent type cast into a villain roll from those 7.

I think it would be the funniest thing if Cavill played Hyperion and Marvel did a Squadron Supreme (the heroic version). The Squadron Supreme is basically a Marvel version of the Justice League and Hyperion is the Superman equivalent.

That would also be amusing, but in a multi-verse type role. Sort of a wink and a nod for a variety of reasons.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Him playing the thing would be funny, but I feel like a character actor is better in that roll.

Or flip it and play a villain, but Giancarlo Esposito is 100 percent type cast into a villain roll from those 7.

That would also be amusing, but in a multi-verse type role. Sort of a wink and a nod for a variety of reasons.
The rumors were that Esposito was up for Professor X.

erasure fan1

Hugh Jackman is around 6' 3" so that would make Cavill a shorter Wolverine. I didn't really see Cavill as Geralt in the Witcher, but now like Hugh as Wolverine, I can't see anyone else playing the part. So it's hard for me to see anyone as a good fit for Wolverine.

Lucky Rabbit

"An untitled Marvel movie originally on Feb. 16, 2024 gets moved to Sept. 6, 2024."

I was just coming to post about this. I had expected to have this be announced at D23 after being left off the Phase 5 calendar. When you consider all the evidence this has to be Deadpool 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom