General Marvel News: Phases, Timelines, Misc....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Superhero fatigue is just about to set in, just about any decade now...

This is not an official Marvel slate card is it? Because as far as I'm aware no official info about Spider-Man 4 has come out other than to say its in very early development. So I don't think that title card is even official, nor is the Capt 4.

I would think we'd get more info at Comic-Con next month about all of these.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is not an official Marvel slate card is it? Because as far as I'm aware no official info about Spider-Man 4 has come out other than to say its in very early development. So I don't think that title card is even official, nor is the Capt 4.

I would think we'd get more info at Comic-Con next month about all of these.
Yeah, some of the cards are fan-made.

Also, it doesn't include Shang Chi 2, Nova, or Daredevil.

Also, this doesn't include any future Sony/Marvel movies that might be good (e.g, Spider-Verse).

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In an interview with Gamesradar, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige teased the future of the MCU, including when fans might start learning about the company's Phase 5 plans.

Feige shared how "people will start to see where this next saga is going," and that within the next few months, audiences will be able to see a "tiny bit more of the roadmap:"

“As we’re nearing the end of Phase 4, I think people will start to see where this next saga is going... I think there have been many clues already, that are at least apparent to me, of where this whole saga is going. But we’ll be a little more direct about that in the coming months, to set a plan, so audiences who want to see the bigger picture can see a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more of the roadmap.”

Feige is almost certainly referencing the most recent announcement about the studios' presence at D23, especially since they won't be presenting anything at San Diego Comic-Con 2022. Though, they have been known to make random announcements before—such as casually dropping Shawn Levy's new Deadpool 3 directing gig.

So, what announcements can fans expect? Well, the next Avengers film is almost certainly going to be revealed, and hopefully with a Secret Wars subtitle, given all of the Multiverse focus as of late. Then there will probably be more proper reveals of projects such as Nova, Thunderbolts, and Planet Hulk.

On top of new projects, the studio will likely also give audiences a better idea of release dates in 2023 and onwards, information which tends to come hand-in-hand with a roadmap. Maybe fans will even get a proper tease as to when the X-Men will finally be making their way over to the MCU, which is something that everyone wants to know."

Lucky Rabbit

"In an interview with Gamesradar, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige teased the future of the MCU, including when fans might start learning about the company's Phase 5 plans.

Feige shared how "people will start to see where this next saga is going," and that within the next few months, audiences will be able to see a "tiny bit more of the roadmap:"

“As we’re nearing the end of Phase 4, I think people will start to see where this next saga is going... I think there have been many clues already, that are at least apparent to me, of where this whole saga is going. But we’ll be a little more direct about that in the coming months, to set a plan, so audiences who want to see the bigger picture can see a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more of the roadmap.”

Feige is almost certainly referencing the most recent announcement about the studios' presence at D23, especially since they won't be presenting anything at San Diego Comic-Con 2022. Though, they have been known to make random announcements before—such as casually dropping Shawn Levy's new Deadpool 3 directing gig.

So, what announcements can fans expect? Well, the next Avengers film is almost certainly going to be revealed, and hopefully with a Secret Wars subtitle, given all of the Multiverse focus as of late. Then there will probably be more proper reveals of projects such as Nova, Thunderbolts, and Planet Hulk.

On top of new projects, the studio will likely also give audiences a better idea of release dates in 2023 and onwards, information which tends to come hand-in-hand with a roadmap. Maybe fans will even get a proper tease as to when the X-Men will finally be making their way over to the MCU, which is something that everyone wants to know."

Disney has also said Marvel announcements on Disney+ Day. It will be weird to see how much they hold back with the D23 panel two days later. Werewolf By Night comes out this year and they haven’t even officially announced it yet. Do you drop the trailer on Disney+ Day or do you bring Giacchino and the cast out at D23?

DCBaker

Premium Member
"During the worldwide virtual press conference for Thor: Love and Thunder, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed that the studio will have a presence at San Diego Comic-Con this year, which will run from Thursday, July 21, to Sunday, July 24. This marks the studio's first appearance at the pop culture event since 2019.

When asked if fans can expect major announcements, Feige said that they should, teasing that they will "talk about the future" of the MCU:

"Yes, you can. Yeah, we'll be at Comic-Con next month, which we're excited about. The first time since we were on stage there [since] three years ago talking about this movie and many others. And now, I think almost everything we discussed three years ago has now been released. So yes, we're excited to go and talk about the future."

Feige also touched on their strategy when it comes to planning for future projects:

"We always look at five, ten years ahead. And [there's always] changes and twists and turns, but that's usually as far out as we go, and then start to build it.""

Jedijax719

Predictions (for movies)
Announcements of release dates: Fantastic Four, Blade, Nova
Updates/maybe images/cast: Marvels, Antman QM, GOTG3
First look/Teaser: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (if not out for Thor)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
MCU Twitter is awash with "Phase 4 doesn't give me the same feels anymore!" (Forgetting that the culmination of Phase 3 required a slow build-up of Phases 1 and 2.

Some pushback:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom