General Knowledge Face Character?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I don't know of the truth about this unless he was there during the early MetLife years of WoL but, according to Walt Dated World's site it states..

Considered by many to be the best attraction in the pavilion, guests were given a preview before they even went inside the building. Sometimes a Cast Member dressed as General Knowledge would appear outside and "drill" kids and encourage them to come inside and see the show.

Has anyone ever seen him? Or even knew he existed at one time? If it were I bet he would have been interesting to interact with him...

JIMINYCR

I only remember an animated piece. But maybe WDW tried substituting a CM at times to see how it went over with the kids??

Mad Stitch

I only remember an animated piece. But maybe WDW tried substituting a CM at times to see how it went over with the kids??

Correct, General Knowledge was in the Cranium Command pre-show. It would be cool if someone had a pic of him as a face character.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Man, that does sound awesomesauce! There's no image proof on Google anywhere though sadly :(

I honestly wish they would incorporate this attraction into a movie... It would be such a great idea!

-sigh- Hope to see you soon, General K*.!

cranium_general2006ah.jpg

Last edited:

tigger1968

I LOVED that attraction. It was a must do for every trip. I cannot recall ever seeing a face character for the General. For the record, I'm still hacked off about the WoL Pavillion closing solely because I can't experience that attraction anymore. :mad:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Man, that does sound awesomesauce! There's no image proof on Google anywhere though sadly :(

I honestly wish they would incorporate this attraction into a movie... It would be such a great idea!

-sigh- Hope to see you soon, General N.!

cranium_general2006ah.jpg

Pixar's New Movie...It's literally Cranium Command the Movie. But instead of a Boy it's a girl and the 5 emotions that live within her head...http://pixar.wikia.com/Inside_Out
640px-Inside_Out_Main_Page.png

WondersOfLife

Pixar's New Movie...It's literally Cranium Command the Movie. But instead of a Boy it's a girl and the 5 emotions that live within her head...http://pixar.wikia.com/Inside_Out
640px-Inside_Out_Main_Page.png

I wonder if Disney will think .. "Hey, I wonder if we could make this into an attraction at Disney World??" and while they're watching this, I wonder if the Cranium Command theater would pop up in their heads!

WondersOfLife

Whatever happened to the scaffolding that got up around Buzzy? I'm wondering if they started working on Buzzy because pictures started spreading about his lazy eye..

2010-10-13%20wdw%20002.JPG

4562298-9228314-thumbnail.jpg

1001100556.jpg

Quite a good bit spread actually. That's the only reason why I believe Disney was working in there. So they don't get the "You're just letting our favorite character sit there and slowly fall apart!" lectures online which makes their parks look bad or whatever. Either that, or getting him ready to sell or be put on display forever.

I say shame on Disney. They have enough money to re-furbish every single one of these pavilions in EPCOT. MK did not need a fantasyland expansion. What Disney should've done was just update the REST of Future World. I thought they were just starting with the Test Track update, and was believing they'd just get the actors at UoE for a re-shoot and update it and make new versions of CC and BW because, why not? Like.. WHY.. NOT? There is no REASONABLE explanation why Disney is just letting these things sit here when they just have to update films and technology. -_-

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I wonder if Disney will think .. "Hey, I wonder if we could make this into an attraction at Disney World??" and while they're watching this, I wonder if the Cranium Command theater would pop up in their heads!

If they don't realize a theater is there that would be perfect for this....Their inbred idiots not to think it would be a great idea...

RedFurredCadet

I'd probably be type-cast as a very tall Buzzy. Not General Knowledge! :happy:
More like a very tall, grown up Buzzy the First!
Yup according to the poster, it came from a WDW Golden Book presentation.
Whatever happened to the scaffolding that got up around Buzzy? I'm wondering if they started working on Buzzy because pictures started spreading about his lazy eye..

2010-10-13%20wdw%20002.JPG

4562298-9228314-thumbnail.jpg

1001100556.jpg

Quite a good bit spread actually. That's the only reason why I believe Disney was working in there. So they don't get the "You're just letting our favorite character sit there and slowly fall apart!" lectures online which makes their parks look bad or whatever. Either that, or getting him ready to sell or be put on display forever.

I say shame on Disney. They have enough money to re-furbish every single one of these pavilions in EPCOT. MK did not need a fantasyland expansion. What Disney should've done was just update the REST of Future World. I thought they were just starting with the Test Track update, and was believing they'd just get the actors at UoE for a re-shoot and update it and make new versions of CC and BW because, why not? Like.. WHY.. NOT? There is no REASONABLE explanation why Disney is just letting these things sit here when they just have to update films and technology. -_-
Last time I browsed online, a pic of a fully restored Buzzy had just surfaced on Instagram, as if his lazy eye was just repaired.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom