General Disney Movies/Studios News

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

DCBaker

Premium Member
Updated slate of theatrical movies through 2026 - a new untitled Disney movie has been added on December 1st, 2023.

Fm8LxThacAIh4xt.jpeg

Fm8LxThaAAAXmp1.jpeg

Fm8LxThagAAub8K.jpeg

Jedijax719

I predict a MASSSIVE Untitled cinematic multi-universe coming. Seems to be the biggest franchise in movie history!!!

Can't wait for the Untitled Disney plus series, the Untitled section of Disney world, Untitled video game, etc. I also heard rumors that the main protagonist of the series is called "Undisputed" and the main antagonist will be called "Unmentionalble". The adventure will tap into a fantasy world called the "Unknown" and will star Kevin Coster and Andy Garcia as "Untouchables".

MarvelCharacterNerd

Updated slate of theatrical movies through 2026 - a new untitled Disney movie has been added on December 1st, 2023.

View attachment 693719

View attachment 693718

View attachment 693717

Wow - there are actually half a dozen films I'm interested in this year... when they get to streaming.

And five for 2024 - but could become four if they have to move out Blade. It will be a tight squeeze to get that done in just over a year and a half when they just started over with a new director. Then again, if it's mostly practical effects rather than greenscreen, it's still doable.

BrianLo

I get their far flung release slate is supposed to tentpoles (I assume there will be lots of Searchlight), but they've basically dropped 20th century?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
20thC is also making a bunch of TV movies for Hulu/Star.

Disney Studios (live-action) pretty much stopped making theatrical releases except once a year. Their movies are basically going directly to D+.

Which is fine, since what they mostly produce is TV quality anyway... not tentpole theater films.

Last edited:

BrianLo

They are releasing several 20th Century movies every year including Avatar.

I’m just looking at the 2025/26 slate, other than one Avatar there isn’t a Fox tent pole ‘reserved’ anywhere. I do understand though the smaller stuff they aren’t reserving spots for. I’m assuming this at least. I expect Searchlight doesn’t need to be reserved ahead of time nor some horror stuff out of 20th Century.

Disney Studios (live-action) pretty much stopped making theatrical releases except once a year. Their movies are basically going directly to D+.

Am I looking at a different image than you guys? I see 12 live action Disney movies for 2025/26 and One for 20th Century (Avatar 4).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom