General Discussion of Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

I consider myself to be a “die-hard,” and I haven’t felt the main audience for some time.

Right. And this does seem to be a somewhat unique situation in terms of the rational and context of the retheme. Also, this sort of document isn’t typically shared in this way (little actual marketing polish) or this early in the process.

This certainly didn’t seem like a promo piece to me.

The holes in this seem to be greater than the Jungle Cruise leaks.

You said this is not for the die hards, but this is also not a promo piece.

_caleb

I really don’t mind being called a “Disney apologist” or “pixie-duster” or whatever, because I’m admittedly a fan of the parks and the films (well, some of them). But I still don’t understand why so many here mock and deride about opinions.

Some opinions are better stated than others, and some are based on more information than others, but in the end, hostility takes the fun out of it for me. I do try to base my opinions on what I think Disney is trying to do. And I am honest about when I think they missed the mark.

_caleb

The holes in this seem to be greater than the Jungle Cruise leaks.

You said this is not for the die hards, but this is also not a promo piece.
I did! Can you think of any group in between “Disney die-hards” (buy this I mean people like use to spend lots of time discussing like this) and “the general public?” I can.

celluloid

I still, to this day, thoroughly believe that was a lie. Or at least an exaggeration of the truth. I know the 'insider' that shared this is a bit controversial and not always reliable- but the take that it was a blue sky concept pitched at one point but not actively developed makes the most sense.

Just look at how much the project has changed in three years- Disney made the announcement then decided to design an attraction.

That is the rub right? It either is a huge set of multiple ongoing lies or the design is really limited and bad.

It has to be one or the other, or both. It can't be neither.

celluloid

I did! Can you think of any group in between “Disney die-hards” (buy this I mean people like use to spend lots of time discussing like this) and “the general public?” I can.

That reads a release from Disney on the story and backstory of the ride opening in two years would be a promo.

_caleb

That is the rub right? It either is a huge set of multiple ongoing lies or the design is really limited and bad.

It has to be one or the other, or both. It can't be neither.
Of course it could be neither of those extreme options. Elements of Disney’s plan for the ride could have changed—even significantly—over that period of time. That would make it: true that they’ve been working on this for a long time and also true that the design has depth.

Chris82

This may have been said a lot (I haven't read all the threads out there) but my primary concern with this attraction redo is that it's not yet clear what the primary emotional payload is supposed to be, and all these pr releases don't really help.

Is this going to be a wild misadventure? A dark or creepy voodoo-y ride? Laugh-a-minute comedy? Not clear. The ride mechanics themselves already come with an emotional payload, and a brilliant one, all structured around the thrill of that last drop. Will the new theme lean into that somehow? Or will it ignore it or even run against it?

Disney may very well have good answers to this, but nothing they've released so far helps me figure it out.

_caleb

That reads a release from Disney on the story and backstory of the ride opening in two years would be a promo.
In my experience, promotional releases for a new attraction are written by Disney’s marketing team, not a PR guy from WDI. And typically, they do a pretty good job of teasing the audience with elements of what their experience will be like when riding the ride.

This doesn’t read like that, so I’m assuming it’s because it wasn’t intended to be “promotional” beyond a sort of “behind the scenes” Imagineering piece.

MerlinTheGoat

I have always assumed he was included in the initial announcement in an attempt to placate Splash fans. He's done a handful of interviews since the announcement and he mentions Tiana briefly in one of them, but he isn't exactly a 'PR mouthpiece' if he hasn't actually been a part of any of the ride's publicity.
He's not the leader on this project (even if I suspect he might be taking the lead over the interior scene designs), and he's also an independent consultant instead of a full employee at Disney. There's probably also a fear at Disney of allowing an "old white man" to "upstage" Carter's team in any way on their own project. Keep in mind that Tony Baxter created Splash Mountain in the first place. And with Disney trying to purge all traces of that ride from existence, along with any connecting threads, that's another reason they'd probably want to downplay his involvement in the replacement.

This is a bad move to be clear. Most of the doubt involving this project is due to a lack of faith in Carter's team and their abilities (a very valid concern). Letting Tony speak more on his involvement with the project would help to diffuse quite a bit of this negativity. But like I said, it will take attention away from Carter. And Disney likely considers that to be risky from a PR perspective given who they're trying to pander to with this project.

Bob Weis was another I was told worked on this project. And he has his own baggage that would be pointed out if there was mention of his involvement (especially regarding the scrapped Disney's America theme park).

I'd love for Baxter to be more involved in WDI, so I hope this is the case- but until I see something with his name on it in the PR for the ride I think the 'bus driver' rumor is more likely.
It's not even a bus driver rumor, they literally said they were joking and didn't actually know.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I really don’t mind being called a “Disney apologist” or “pixie-duster” or whatever, because I’m admittedly a fan of the parks and the films (well, some of them). But I still don’t understand why so many here mock and deride about opinions.

Some opinions are better stated than others, and some are based on more information than others, but in the end, hostility takes the fun out of it for me. I do try to base my opinions on what I think Disney is trying to do. And I am honest about when I think they missed the mark.
Because we’ve been around awhile, seen many trends, experienced many different things over that time, and see how things are now or are heading and it has us “old/legacy” fans concerned

celluloid

Of course it could be neither of those extreme options. Elements of Disney’s plan for the ride could have changed—even significantly—over that period of time. That would make it: true that they’ve been working on this for a long time and also true that the design has depth.

That would still be the latter option.

You are circling and disproving yourself again. It is not a promo,(even though objectively, by definition it is) and it is not for the people who would seek the info out.
You also said this info is relatively early in the design process, yet the fact that they have been working on this for a long time, while defending why this story may not be the best.

So yes, the latter option in this case would be the one.

celluloid

In my experience, promotional releases for a new attraction are written by Disney’s marketing team, not a PR guy from WDI. And typically, they do a pretty good job of teasing the audience with elements of what their experience will be like when riding the ride.

This doesn’t read like that, so I’m assuming it’s because it wasn’t intended to be “promotional” beyond a sort of “behind the scenes” Imagineering piece.

So a WDI Communications is not a promo piece for the public?

That would make it for, the die hards!

I am glad you can choose endless positivity, but it is not reality and you are typing contradictions.

LittleBuford

You have my respect for offering an alternative perspective. I may be feeling more pessimistic than you, but I truly appreciate the balance—and civility—you’re bringing to the discussion.

Joel

People are gonna have a lot of apologizing to do when the "missing ingredient" turns out to be Dr. Facilier. Tiana explains that everyone deserves a second chance and, with the help of Mama Odie's magic, rescues him from eternal damnation in the voodoo spirit world so he can join in on the Mardi Gras festivities.

Facilier repays your kindness by throwing you off a cliff. The ride concludes as Tiana and all her critter friends mourn at your funeral and you end up in hell like in Mr. Toad's. So the moral of the story is that some people are just beyond help.

Anyway, there's still a chance this ride ends up being totally lit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
ChatGPT: write a press release describing all the scenes in the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride at the magic kingdom

Magic Kingdom Unveils Tiana's Bayou Adventure - A Thrilling New Ride Experience!
Orlando, FL - The Magic Kingdom is proud to announce the grand opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, an exciting new ride that takes guests on a journey through the heart of the Louisiana bayou. Based on the Disney animated classic "The Princess and the Frog," this thrilling attraction takes guests on a journey filled with twists, turns, and exciting surprises.
The ride begins as guests board a small steamboat and embark on a journey through the lush bayou, encountering all of the beloved characters from the film along the way. Guests will be transported to a magical world where they will see Tiana and Naveen singing and dancing, Louisiana life, and all of the exciting sights and sounds of the bayou.
As they journey deeper into the swamp, guests will encounter fireflies and alligators, and experience the thrill of a high-speed escape through the swamp, complete with twists and turns, jumps, and splashes. Along the way, they will be entertained by lively musical numbers featuring beloved songs from the film, including "Down in New Orleans" and "Almost There."
The ride culminates in a grand finale where guests will join Tiana and Naveen in a celebratory dance and discover the true magic of the bayou.
"Tiana's Bayou Adventure is an exciting addition to the Magic Kingdom and a tribute to the timeless story of 'The Princess and the Frog,'" said Magic Kingdom park president Thomas Smith. "This new ride is a thrilling and immersive experience that brings the magic of the bayou to life for guests of all ages, and we can't wait for our guests to experience all of the sights and sounds of this amazing world for themselves."
Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens to the public on February 6th, 2023. This new ride is sure to be a favorite among guests, and a must-visit attraction for fans of the classic Disney film.
For more information, visit the Magic Kingdom's official website.

ChatGPT: write a press release in which CEO Bob Iger apologizes for all the things that went wrong in the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride in the Magic Kingdom. Describe in detail the breakdowns and accidents and injuries that occurred on the ride, especially the ones caused by the audioanimatronic figures which also injured the guests

Magic Kingdom CEO Bob Iger Issues Apology for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Incident
Orlando, FL - In a statement issued today, Magic Kingdom CEO Bob Iger apologized for the recent incidents that have occurred on the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride, particularly those involving the audioanimatronic figures.
"We are deeply sorry for the breakdowns and accidents that have occurred on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, and we are especially sorry for the injuries caused by the audioanimatronic figures. The safety of our guests is our top priority, and we are taking immediate action to address these issues," said Iger.
Since its opening, Tiana's Bayou Adventure has experienced several technical malfunctions, including the audioanimatronic figures. On several occasions, these figures have malfunctioned and caused injuries to guests, including cuts, bruises, and broken bones.
"We understand the frustration and concern that these incidents have caused, and we take full responsibility for them. Our team is working around the clock to fix the technical issues and enhance the ride's safety features, including the audioanimatronic figures. We are also conducting a thorough review of our ride operations and procedures to ensure that these incidents do not happen again," Iger added.
The Magic Kingdom has temporarily closed Tiana's Bayou Adventure for maintenance and repairs, including the audioanimatronic figures. The park is offering refunds to guests who were affected by the incidents and is working to reschedule their visits to the park.
"We want to assure our guests that we take their safety and satisfaction very seriously, and we are committed to providing them with the best possible experience when they visit the Magic Kingdom. We are confident that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be back up and running soon, and we look forward to welcoming our guests back to this exciting new ride," Iger concluded.
The park will provide updates on the status of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and its audioanimatronic figures on its official website and social media channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom