General Discussion of Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The construction in MK has it's own thread here:

This thread is for discussing the other aspects of the ride and one's opinions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
In one of the other TBA threads, someone asked how can you grow things in a salt dome.

The answer is that the domes are solid pillars that push up on the surface, or, the surrounding surface has weathered away.

In the case of pushing up, there will be plenty of regular earth and soil layered on top of the dome for plants to grow.

There won't be growing of plants *in* the salt dome. The salt dome gets mined which creates tunnels and giant halls lined with rock salt within the dome.

1675491394933.png

The Mom

Premium Member
The construction in MK has it's own thread here:

This thread is for discussing the other aspects of the ride and one's opinions.

Splash is being replaced, and the opinions pro and con have been voiced for months. Nothing is going to change that decision, so it's time to discuss its replacement only.

There is a thread for construction updates. This is a thread to discuss the theming, storyline, etc.

Please remember that politics and social commentary are still not allowed.

LittleBuford

Splash is being replaced, and the opinions pro and con have been voiced for months. Nothing is going to change that decision, so it's time to discuss its replacement only.

There is a thread for construction updates. This is a thread to discuss the theming, storyline, etc.

Please remember that politics and social commentary are still not allowed.
Thank you for clarifying, and duly noted.

Disney Rocks

It really does seem like this will be a bifurcated experience between the queue and the actual flume. I don't really see much connection between the co-op storyline and the singing animals that will populate the majority of the indoor portions of the ride. Or how Mama Odie factors at all into the "secret ingredient" storyline...before subsequently throwing you off a 50-foot cliff.

Remember folks, Imagineering gave a convoluted Prince Charming backstory to the carousel of all things. They love doing needless information dumps. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual ride portion only pays lip service to the complex salt mine/co-op plot.

EPCOT-O.G.

Now that they’ve released more concrete information on this attraction, here are some frequently used words, descriptors, or adjectives use to build anticipation for this attraction:

salt (5x)
beloved
amazing
vibrant
treasured
inspiring
successful
diverse
boutique

Missing: thrilling, drop, music, songs

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Now that they’ve released more concrete information on this attraction, here are some frequently used words, descriptors, or adjectives use to build anticipation for this attraction:

salt (5x)
beloved
amazing
vibrant
treasured
inspiring
successful
diverse
boutique

Missing: thrilling, drop, music, songs
It feels like they are trying hard to fit a square peg (convoluted storyline) into a round hole (pre-existing splash ride)

donaldtoo

OK, then…this appears to be the only place I can post this…AFAIK… :cyclops:
The storyline is a contrived, convoluted pile of mush.
And, again, no matter how Disney tries to spin it, there isn’t anything that would even be considered a hill (much less a mountain) anywhere near NOLA, or the LA bayou.
Georgia, where Song of the South was set, has plenty of mountains, however.

Disney Rocks

OK, then…this appears to be the only place I can post this…AFAIK… :cyclops:
The storyline is a contrived, convoluted pile of mush.
And, again, no matter how Disney tries to spin it, there isn’t anything that would even be considered a hill (much less a mountain) anywhere near NOLA, or the LA bayou.
Georgia, where Song of the South was set, has plenty of mountains, however.
I think that's the purpose of the water tower....to do an inverse of forced perspective and make the mountain look shorter than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom