News Gelateria Toscana - Construction between Italy and American Adventure pavilions

SplashJacket

A gelateria does not take up the expansion pad. Even if it takes up the entire front part of the expansion pad the area should not consume more than 0.1 acres of land. This is represented in the lower red box.

The maximum amount of space remaining is a maximum of 0.8 acres of land and is the top red box. For reference, the Ariel ride is ~0.8 acres.

1605410598297.png

The entrance to an attraction could still be from the side.
1605411057906.png

trainplane3

A gelateria does not take up the expansion pad. Even if it takes up the entire front part of the expansion pad the area should not consume more than 0.1 acres of land. This is represented in the lower red box.

The maximum amount of space remaining is a maximum of 0.8 acres of land and is the top red box. For reference, the Ariel ride is ~0.8 acres.

View attachment 513019

The entrance to an attraction could still be from the side.View attachment 513020
I believe someone here mentioned (in one of these threads) how that's more of a buffer then an expansion pad. The AA isn't too great looking when viewed from the side and the forced perspective effect is kind of lost when it is. Same applies to the Japan side.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm not a coffee drinker so my knowledge is limited, but isn't coffee, cappuccino, espresso, etc a staple of many Italian gelaterias? Would they need to loop in Joffreys? Regardless, a place with grab and go sandwiches, coffee, candy and gelato could do well. Affrogato has been trendy a few years and could also be done with gelato and coffee.

UNCgolf

I believe someone here mentioned (in one of these threads) how that's more of a buffer then an expansion pad. The AA isn't too great looking when viewed from the side and the forced perspective effect is kind of lost when it is. Same applies to the Japan side.

Would that matter if they put an enclosed ride there? Presumably it wouldn't affect sight lines or forced perspective as long as they didn't run the queue over next to the AA.

Last edited:

J4546

yeah they could put an enclosed structure/ride back there or maybe they have a new updated gondola attraction that takes you back to a recreated venice waterway through some cool stuff with statues and scenery. i drew a very crappy ms paint version of what i mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-07 224519.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-07 224519.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 121

UNCgolf

Building on @SplashZander 's graphic a little... it would make a nice flow if they even opened up the area through those archways near the front of the pavilion. Would make it feel more like a proper part of the pavilion and not just a food cart out in front.View attachment 517795

Ideally that's what they would be doing.

I doubt they are -- there will likely be an entrance right along the promenade outside the pavilion proper. But what they should do is make the entrance/exit through those archways so you have to actually enter the pavilion to get to the gelataria.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So just a stand that almost certainly opens onto the walkway instead of an actual gelataria with seating that you enter from the pavilion itself.

Even when Disney has a good idea they execute it terribly.
You're more than 99% most likely correct, but don't we owe it to them to actually install/complete the construction before we grab our pitch forks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom