• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

GE: Soft Opening or AP/DVC Preview Watch discussion

LAKid53

Official Member of the Mean Girls Cult
Premium Member
Advertisement
Don't think theres anything confidential from these grabs (not mine im not a CM anymore) but heres the details for CM
Interesting that they have several options to choose from in terms of experiences. Wonder if that will be the same for AP.

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting that they have several options to choose from in terms of experiences. Wonder if that will be the same for AP.
It just confirms what I’ve been saying from the start. That 4 hours isn’t enough time to do everything. Fine for previews for those who’ll be back again soon enough, but not for the general public in a once-a-blue-moon visit.

csm

It just confirms what I’ve been saying from the start. That 4 hours isn’t enough time to do everything. Fine for previews for those who’ll be back again soon enough, but not for the general public in a once-a-blue-moon visit.
I've been to two Galaxy's Edge previews already. Four hours is *more than enough time* to do everything. This isn't "sit on WDWMagic and speculate my own personal options;" my statement is factual based on direct first-hand experience.

The bigger problem is the absurdly low capacity in the Cantina and Savi's. Advance booking them like this is a much cleaner way of handling it.

nickys

Premium Member
I've been to two Galaxy's Edge previews already. Four hours is *more than enough time* to do everything. This isn't "sit on WDWMagic and speculate my own personal options;" my statement is factual based on direct first-hand experience.

The bigger problem is the absurdly low capacity in the Cantina and Savi's. Advance booking them like this is a much cleaner way of handling it.
So you could ride the MF, visit Oga’s, build a droid and a light sabre and have enough time (an hour in my book) to take in all the details, “Star ships” for want of a better word and look at all the merchandise? I thought the line for Oga’s was an hour long? And that each of those droid and light sabre experiences took an hour with the queues. Even with pre-booking I don’t see 4 hours being enough.

And you’ve just said you’ve been twice. Why? If 4 hours is more than enough?

See, I’d need an hour at least to enjoy the Land, take photos, and another hour to browse the shops. On my first visit, I want six hours. Or, two days of four hours

I’m no avid fan, either. Just a casual fan. But if I’m coming over from the U.K. and won’t be back for 3-4 years, you bet I’m going to need more time than you. When will you be back?

csm

So you could ride the MF, visit Oga’s, build a droid and a light sabre and have enough time (an hour in my book) to take in all the details, “Star ships” for want of a better word and look at all the merchandise? I thought the line for Oga’s was an hour long? And that each of those droid and light sabre experiences took an hour with the queues. Even with pre-booking I don’t see 4 hours being enough.
You're merely speculating without an basis in actual experience. Your opinion on this one is not accurate or valid.

And you’ve just said you’ve been twice. Why? If 4 hours is more than enough?
Really? We're doing this? Ok - maybe because I enjoyed the land? Maybe because I wanted to go again with someone who couldn't make it on my first visit? You're grasping at straws here. What's next? Want photos of my two different dated wristbands? Because they're sitting on my desk.

See, I’d need an hour at least to enjoy the Land, take photos, and another hour to browse the shops. On my first visit, I want six hours. Or, two days of four hours
Then don't go to a preview. Wait until the land opens if you have unreasonable "all about me" demands.

I’m no avid fan, either. Just a casual fan. But if I’m coming over from the U.K. and won’t be back for 3-4 years, you bet I’m going to need more time than you. When will you be back?
Imagine if I pulled this "my time is worth more than yours" routine when I had visited Alton Towers, or Blackpool Pleasure Beach, or any of the other attractions I've been to in the UK? I had less than four hours at Blackpool, because that's just how it fell. Alton Towers closed at 4pm on the day of my visit. Rather than whine about it, or act entitled, I planned my days to maximize my visit and ensure I was able to see everything I hoped to do.

But the underlying point here is you can sit there and say "four hours isn't enough" over and over again as much as you'd like. You're wrong. Your opinion is wrong. This is not my opinion - this is my direct, first-hand experience in the actual land. Four hours is enough to see everything if you plan your time well.

And to be clear - that's doing everything and riding the Falcon three times on the first visit, four times on the second (with opportunity to ride more - but opting not to.) But what do *I* know; I've been there, but *you've* been saying it from the start.

MansionButler84

You're merely speculating without an basis in actual experience. Your opinion on this one is not accurate or valid.

Really? We're doing this? Ok - maybe because I enjoyed the land? Maybe because I wanted to go again with someone who couldn't make it on my first visit? You're grasping at straws here. What's next? Want photos of my two different dated wristbands? Because they're sitting on my desk.

Then don't go to a preview. Wait until the land opens if you have unreasonable "all about me" demands.

Imagine if I pulled this "my time is worth more than yours" routine when I had visited Alton Towers, or Blackpool Pleasure Beach, or any of the other attractions I've been to in the UK? I had less than four hours at Blackpool, because that's just how it fell. Alton Towers closed at 4pm on the day of my visit. Rather than whine about it, or act entitled, I planned my days to maximize my visit and ensure I was able to see everything I hoped to do.

But the underlying point here is you can sit there and say "four hours isn't enough" over and over again as much as you'd like. You're wrong. Your opinion is wrong. This is not my opinion - this is my direct, first-hand experience in the actual land. Four hours is enough to see everything if you plan your time well.

And to be clear - that's doing everything and riding the Falcon three times on the first visit, four times on the second (with opportunity to ride more - but opting not to.) But what do *I* know; I've been there, but *you've* been saying it from the start.
At the end of the day, and many have complained about this, there is not yet enough to do in SWGE. Two rides, actual entertainment, and the promised entertainment would have gone a long way.

csm

At the end of the day, and many have complained about this, there is not yet enough to do in SWGE. Two rides, actual entertainment, and the promised entertainment would have gone a long way.
Correct - in each visit, our groups had seen everything in roughly 2.5-3 hours. In both cases, it became a "let's just walk around in circles because we can't exactly just come back in another time right now."

Again - that's not to say we didn't enjoy it - the land is neat, even for someone who isn't a big Star Wars fan. There's lots to take in - but 4 hours is more than enough to take it in.

MansionButler84

Correct - in each visit, our groups had seen everything in roughly 2.5-3 hours. In both cases, it became a "let's just walk around in circles because we can't exactly just come back in another time right now."

Again - that's not to say we didn't enjoy it - the land is neat, even for someone who isn't a big Star Wars fan. There's lots to take in - but 4 hours is more than enough to take it in.
I understand why they went with 4-hr intervals to give time to ensure a group is gone before the next enters, but I doubt they are begging many folks to leave at 3:59. And this is in California where many guests would see no issue stopping by just to see SWGE. Florida’s tourists will want to move on elsewhere.

The general consensus is, as you suggest, that the land in its current form is “neat.” This is concerning.

csm

I understand why they went with 4-hr intervals to give time to ensure a group is gone before the next enters, but I doubt they are begging many folks to leave at 3:59. And this is in California where many guests would see no issue stopping by just to see SWGE. Florida’s tourists will want to move on elsewhere.

The general consensus is, as you suggest, that the land in its current form is “neat.” This is concerning.
The intervals, at least in California, overlapped. For example, if your time was 2-6, the prior group's time ended at 3, and the next group's time began at 5. In essence, this gave groups two hours of pure exclusivity, and two hours of shared double-capacity time.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Others who have attended told me 4 hours wasn’t enough. And others I know said 4 hours was perfectly fine. Who to believe?!? The horror!! Everyone who attended has direct knowledge?!?

:rolleyes:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Others who have attended told me 4 hours wasn’t enough. And others I know said 4 hours was perfectly fine. Who to believe?!? The horror!! Everyone who attended has direct knowledge?!?

:rolleyes:
To be fair, there were initial reports of people waiting over an hour to get into Oga's or Savi's or Droidy McDroidface's at times before the virtual queues were enacted. If that was their experience, then four hours would not be enough. If each of those experiences only had a 20 minute wait, then there'd be plenty of time.

The fact that some said 4 hours is enough is enough to say that 4 hours has the possibility to be enough and claiming it isn't possible to be enough would be wrong due to countervailing evidence.

csm

To be fair, there were initial reports of people waiting over an hour to get into Oga's or Savi's or Droidy McDroidface's at times before the virtual queues were enacted. If that was their experience, then four hours would not be enough. If each of those experiences only had a 20 minute wait, then there'd be plenty of time.

The fact that some said 4 hours is enough is enough to say that 4 hours has the possibility to be enough and claiming it isn't possible to be enough would be wrong due to countervailing evidence.
Reservations for the Cantina and Savi's began, if I remember correctly, the Sunday after "opening day." So that would leave barely any days where guests were allowed to stand in lines for those two offerings. And even prior (we did Savi's before this change) guests simply had to wait in line to pay - and then were given a return time. And beginning that first Sunday(ish), waiting in line for either Savi's or Oga's got a return time. (This, of course, is before the formal online reservation system began after the 24th.)

And to all the doom-and-gloomers (who haven't even visited for themselves, but who's counting) - that return time could be at the end (or even slightly outside) your four hour window. As long as you paid WITHIN your window, it was honored.

That's not countervailing evidence. And aren't you the same guy who just said the other day that Florida's Rise of the Resistance wouldn't open before California's, "because insiders?" 🤣

nickys

Premium Member

My POV from the start has been from the standpoint that in Florida, where so many more people are visiting every few years, not every week for several years, that a 4 hr limit to a visit would not be enough. Nothing to do with previews and a first experience of the Land.

What you had in DL were not only for previews. They had a four hour limit for the initial reservations too. And if they used that system in WDW when it actually opens, it wouldn’t work so well, as people would be upset they couldn’t do as much as they wanted to.

For a preview, then a 4 hr slot is fine. I agree. My comment was prompted by the fact that in WDW the CMs are able to choose just one of the droid or light sabre. A few lucky ones will get one of those, plus a visit to Oga’s. It reinforced that even with a 4hr time slot, they couldn’t accommodate everyone wanting to do all 4 “attractions”.

So yeah, for a preview 4 hrs is fine. For a visitor who wants to explore and do everything because they won’t be back for some time it is not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom