Gates for the Boardwalk?

toolsnspools

Original Poster
Walked from the Boardwalk to Dolphin this morning and they are working on something at the Atlantic Dance Hall. Looks like the could be gating the entrance to the Boardwalk. Has anyone heard anything about it?

toolsnspools

Original Poster
Preventing drunken cart drivers from getting away maybe?
You may be right... They had cut foot wide trenches in the walkway that were about that far apart. That would be a bummer for anyone riding the surrey bikes. I'll get some photos the next time I go by there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have not seen the construction, but based on the description by @toolsnspools they might simply be putting up removable traffic bollards like the ones pictured below. It would stop a golf cart, and sadly a surrey bike, but not pedestrian traffic. There are also automated versions that could be left down but would raise at the flip of a switch.

0.jpg

Jakester

Not Boardwalk related but, at the future Disney Springs, they should add turnstiles at the entrances so they can monitor how many guests are in the area and to help with crowd control.

ajt5027

It's not the gate @BoarderPhreak posted. The construction is happening closer to the very back of Atlantic Dance right along the path between it and Jellyrolls.

I saw it yesterday myself...I don't think its anything spectacular. It could be a drainage issue.

ajt5027

Yeah to the left of that. I don't see why they would push the gate back further like the OP said. It would just make the signage harder to read from the water, S&D, YC, BC, etc.

I'm sure if someone dug through the permits post, they could find out whats going on.

Rob562

Not Boardwalk related but, at the future Disney Springs, they should add turnstiles at the entrances so they can monitor how many guests are in the area and to help with crowd control.

Disney's already developed systems that can do this with cameras that don't require the barriers that turnstiles or gates create.

-Rob

MarkTwain

Disney's already developed systems that can do this with cameras that don't require the barriers that turnstiles or gates create.

-Rob

Yep. From what I understand, certain Fantasyland attractions were installed with such cameras awhile ago, which could count the number of guests in a queue and use them to project a wait time without the use of FLIK cards, but for some reason they have yet to be turned on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom