Garden Grill Questions

Pongo

Original Poster
Oh-kay.

So today I made a ressie for my friend and I at the Garden Grill.

I've never eaten there before. I hate to do this, but can I just have some general reviews of the restaurant? Is it worth the money? We're going for lunch. Has anyone else had lunch there before? Did you like it? How are the characters? Also, how does the service system work since it is a pay-one-price-for-everything deal? I'm a bit confused on all of that.

I just don't want to be making a mistake.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Connor002

Pongo said:
Those reveiews aren't really as comprehensive or specific as I'd like them to be.

Maybe I'm just picky :lookaroun

Well, it is the review section of WDWMAGIC.
Maybe you are too picky.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Review:

Had a nice server and food was ok, nothing special, but whenever I say that middle America raves about it, so what do I know?

The rotation is barely noticeable and the characters are nice. Only character restaurant i've been to where i don't feel like i'm surrounded by hundreds of screaming children, as the booths are very private.

The scenes from the boat ride are visible if you wander over to the railing and look at them as you creep by - not really visible from seating, aside from the "sky" over the scenes.

It must be worthwhile because I've been contemplating another trip there soon.

Kadee

Try www.allearsnet.com They seem to have very good reviews on lots of stuff. (good review = comprehensive...not always liking the place..sorry...I've confused myself now.:lol: ) Have you checked out the menus? I've been able to rule out a lot of places by just checking out the menus. That saves a lot of vacation time.

Kadee

mousermerf said:
... Only character restaurant i've been to where i don't feel like i'm surrounded by hundreds of screaming children, as the booths are very private... .

That, alone, is worth going for!!!! :lol: :lol:

Pongo

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
The rotation is barely noticeable[

:lol: Yeah. You're the one that told me that the first time.

How much of a revolution do you suppose the restaurant makes in a normal meal period? One revolution? More? Less?

Just curious.

Pongo

Original Poster
Kadee said:
Try www.allearsnet.com They seem to have very good reviews on lots of stuff. (good review = comprehensive...not always liking the place..sorry...I've confused myself now.:lol: ) Have you checked out the menus? I've been able to rule out a lot of places by just checking out the menus. That saves a lot of vacation time.

I've looked at the menu, but not that review, at AllEarsNet.com.

The menu was one of the things that swayed us into eating there instead of Rose and Crown.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's designed to make 1.

They try to seat you facing into the Land or just at the start of the show scenery, and then roughly 1 hour - 1 meal later, you're back to the front and getting ready to leave.

Pongo

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
It's designed to make 1.

They try to seat you facing into the Land or just at the start of the show scenery, and then roughly 1 hour - 1 meal later, you're back to the front and getting ready to leave.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Maryssa*

GG used to be one of my absolute favorite places to eat. The salad and dessert has changed a bit and those had been the highlights for me (the amazing freshly grown salad with the special ranch dressing and the WORMS IN DIRT pudding dessert)... the main course is still very yummy though.

Also while you cant hear kids screaming, the "scenes" are a bit noisy... especially that desert wind :dazzle:

Flamingo

Garden Grill

We've been there for breakfast as well as lunch. The food is okay, (family style). It's alittle hard to interact with the characters unless you are sitting on the end, as all the seating is in a booth. I can think of better places to dine with the characters.:eek:

Pongo

Original Poster
Flamingo said:
We've been there for breakfast as well as lunch. The food is okay, (family style). It's alittle hard to interact with the characters unless you are sitting on the end, as all the seating is in a booth. I can think of better places to dine with the characters.:eek:

Thank you for the help. There will only be two of us going, so I don't think we'll have trouble not having an end of the booth.

slappy magoo

Not the most comprehensive review, but I gotta concur with mousemerf. There aren't many places to eat in any of the parks where you don't feel constantly inundated with other people's children--seriously, WDW would be an excellent place to visit were it not for other people's children. I'm kidding! At least, mostly...

But the set-up makes it as close as humanly possible to have an intimate dining experience AND get a couple of shots with Disney characters. The food is acceptable but I doubt you'll be raving about it when you get home. My suggestion, if the timing works out, is to get a Fastpass for Soarin' that will be valid right after you eat

lawyergirl77

slappy magoo said:
Not the most comprehensive review, but I gotta concur with mousemerf. There aren't many places to eat in any of the parks where you don't feel constantly inundated with other people's children--seriously, WDW would be an excellent place to visit were it not for other people's children. I'm kidding! At least, mostly...

But the set-up makes it as close as humanly possible to have an intimate dining experience AND get a couple of shots with Disney characters. The food is acceptable but I doubt you'll be raving about it when you get home. My suggestion, if the timing works out, is to get a Fastpass for Soarin' that will be valid right after you eat
DH and i aren't from "Middle America" at all and we really liked the food... :lookaroun

The catfish was yummy - not slimy and really nice and crispy!! :slurp:

Plus, that restaurant had the BEST character interaction I've ever had at a character meal. If you search the forums, you'll find several GG threads, including one where I described a meal we had where Mickey dragged all of the characters over to scold us because none of us were wearing Mickey ears (Tigger, Pluto, Goofy and Eeyore... No Mickey! :eek: ) It was hilarious and definitely puts the GG on my list of "must dos" whenever I am taking new people to WDW!! :wave:

1stStarIC2nite

So what do they currently serve? We have ressies in a few weeks and I was curious as to what they have... we've heard it's great food and all, but I just wanna know what it is :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom