Games of Chance at WDW

Jekyll

Original Poster
This is true they are still disney Ride ops...So, we can go to dion rama and get the white trash experience without having to worry about the ride falling apart.

Originally posted by DogsRule!
There is a very simple way disney could solve this problem...put the story on a rock at the entrance to the park...it's a kewl story and it makes sense...and it tells you why everything is the way it is. If you don't like the area, I can't really help you because it's all here to stay--but that's the story behind it. I was just trying to solve the problem of people saying most of the land is old and rusty while Dino-Rama shimmers...in terms of your complains about the carnival atmosphere, just be happy the rides are safe and the ride ops have their teeth...
:lol:

bearboysnc

There is a very simple way disney could solve this problem...put the story on a rock at the entrance

SHA! That might help. (people can't read bathroom signs, why would they read a dissertation about who Chester & Hester are?

If you don't like the area, I can't really help you because it's all here to stay

I don't remember asking for your help. BUT, THANK YOU!
Apperently you've never heard of Bear Country, or the (rumored) soon to be defunct Critter Country at DL. IF they change the name to the 100 Acre Woods, Critter Country (i think) will be the shortest lived "land"

the_snow_prince

In my oppinion, Dino-Rama is actually a pretty creative way of adding what everyone wanted to the AnimalKingdom: a new thrill ride for the guests, some new activities for the kids, some amount of theming and nostalgia (as odd as it sounds, tacky roadside carnivals are as nostalgic to baby boomers as Main Street is to their Grandparents), and a cheep price tag for Disney. I wouldn't list this as a solution to make AK a great park, but it's a step; I don't expect the leap to come for at least another couple of years.

As for the games of chance. They fit theming and work in the area. Now, would I play them? No, but at least they fit theming.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
You too can help Disney decline!

Ok, let's put "Tomorrow-Rama" and "Main Street-Rama" and "Adventure-Rama" in the Magic Kingdom. Then we could next work on "Showcase-Rama" for Epcot and of course "Movie-Rama" for the Studios. As someone said earlier, you can theme a trash can. That's what Disney has done with "Dino-Rama". If you visit this attraction then you are in part responsible for the downhill slide of WDW.

cymbaldiva

Re: You too can help Disney decline!

Originally posted by Talsonic
Ok, let's put "Tomorrow-Rama" and "Main Street-Rama" and "Adventure-Rama" in the Magic Kingdom. Then we could next work on "Showcase-Rama" for Epcot and of course "Movie-Rama" for the Studios. As someone said earlier, you can theme a trash can. That's what Disney has done with "Dino-Rama". If you visit this attraction then you are in part responsible for the downhill slide of WDW.

So would you like some cheese to go with that whine? I liked the theming...I don't think Disney should charge to play the games (it costs so much to be there already!), but the area is well done - IMHO anyway! :D

Florida Man

Originally posted by Jekyll
I for one was really ed when I saw games like you would find on a board walk at disney world. And the prizes where the same cheap crap you could win on any boardwalk or state fair. I belive this is against what Walt wanted in his theme parks and would like to know how others feel about the carnivalizing of WDW in at least two of it's parks.

-J
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Games. Where?? I've never seen games but were going in December so illl keep a look out

BoyXE

Pleasantly surprised

I for one was not at all looking forward to the new area. But I must say that once I went for myself I couldn't help but enjoy it. They just went SO over-the-top that I couldn't help but really like it. It's all so corny and deliberately backwoods without being downright trashy. The hee-haw music that goes when the Triceratops spin starts going is hilarious, as are the walk around characters (Miss Dino-Rama, who is missing a few teeth, and of course Chester and Hester) who I didn't expect to see. Plus the way they made the whole thing look like it was on an old parking lot for the Dino Institute was might clever. It's almost a throwback to the encroaching opportunists at Disneyland when it opened, only this time it's on their turf! Not to mention the rides were pretty fun. I went away witha new opinion. It isn't earth-shattering by any stretch, but it was fun. To me, anyway.

Passport

Re: Re: You too can help Disney decline!

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

So would you like some cheese to go with that whine? I liked the theming...I don't think Disney should charge to play the games (it costs so much to be there already!), but the area is well done - IMHO anyway! :D

Do you think the shooting arcade at MK should be free too?

Passport

I think making it free would increase the lines and not give everyone a chance to play but I do understand what you mean about cost.

Geordi

I played the games there on the grand opening night, they had a big event for passholders. It appeared like they expected a few hundred people, for anyone who has been to the Dinoland area of AK, do you think 2000 people could fit in there?

Well I heard they were in the vicinity of 3000 for the event.

The place was PACKED. You (literally) could stop walking and lift both feet off the ground, and you wouldn't fall. Sardines have more room.

As for the games... I dunno. I missed the entire storyline of the place completely, and I was LOOKING for it. They had a guy on a DJ system, he could have explained the story to the passholders, and we could tell everyone else, but nooo. The games were free for that first night, but that will be the only night I will ever play them. $2 each? For cheap fugly carnie trash? No thanks. And the games (at least the ball-toss one) seem to be just as rigged as at any other roadside fair. No thank you.

I also worry about Eisner getting the idea to put this stuff in the other parks... Disney is too frickin expensive to have to pay twice or more for attractions. Maybe if the CMs were getting paid what they are worth, I might not howl as much.

Eisner: What were you thinking with C&H Roadside fair? At least post an explanation somewhere for the normal people who don't get it...

--Jim

ToTBellHop

Disney was not listening to guest complaints about Journey Into Your Imagination; they were listening to Eisner, because he hated the ride and he does have the power to get money flowing into attractions if need be. He likes Dino-Rama. By the way, Imagineers did work on Dino-Rama (someone had asked). Some of you are getting very whiney and melodramatic about this. This area is not the start of carny evil spreading to the other parks; it is a confined area, and there are very few games. Were these to spread to other locations, I would be the first to be kicking the booths over, but I'm fine with a change like this provided it stays confined; I don't honestly see Disney spreading these games elsewhere.

cymbaldiva

:) Thanks Passport! I really do think we all do basically agree - would be easier if we all were able to just talk! I do see your point too ;)

Geordi

Hell yea on that thought!

Let's put some REAL Disney attractions in there... Like another cool ride. I can go to any county fair and ride open tube-rail stuff, only Disney has the high quality rides we all come to know and love. There is a certain standard to maintain, y'know?

--Jim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom