Games of Chance at WDW

Jekyll

Original Poster
I for one was really ed when I saw games like you would find on a board walk at disney world. And the prizes where the same cheap crap you could win on any boardwalk or state fair. I belive this is against what Walt wanted in his theme parks and would like to know how others feel about the carnivalizing of WDW in at least two of it's parks.

-J
:mad: :mad: :mad:

bearboysnc

I don't mind the games. BUT they are the same games at Six Flags, and the Paramount Parks.

I am dissapointed they don't have better themeing, or a twist to make them "Disney". And like you said, the prizes are CRAP!

Jekyll

Original Poster
Yes, true these types of games have been in parmount and Six Flags parks but, I always thought Disney is above those parks and better then them. I just not apart of what was the original idea behind WDW.

-J

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Jekyll
I for one was really ed when I saw games like you would find on a board walk at disney world. And the prizes where the same cheap crap you could win on any boardwalk or state fair. I belive this is against what Walt wanted in his theme parks and would like to know how others feel about the carnivalizing of WDW in at least two of it's parks.

-J
:mad: :mad: :mad:

TWO PARKS??? I know of the Animal Kingdom...WHAT IS THE OTHER ONE??? AND WHEREABOUTS IN THAT OTHER PARK ARE THEY??? (and I know they're on the Boardwalk) but what other THEME PARK???

Walt was TOTALLY AGAINST THIS!

I've already spoke my mind about this on another thread so I will refrain from doing so on this one.

Jekyll

Original Poster
In MGM studios there are a few in Pizza Planet back by Muppet vision 3D

TWO PARKS??? I know of the Animal Kingdom...WHAT IS THE OTHER ONE??? AND WHEREABOUTS IN THAT OTHER PARK ARE THEY??? (and I know they're on the Boardwalk) but what other THEME PARK???

WDWFREAK53

In MGM studios there are a few in Pizza Planet back by Muppet vision 3D

Well, that is an arcade...there are no people begging you to play...I don't like it but it's not an eyesore and you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
But isn't it a Boardwalk? And if they are looking for authenticity, shouldn't they be able to put the games on there, similar to what an acutal boardwalk would have?

I personally don't mind it, as long as it fits the theme (as this does). However, I would be really angry if they put it someplace like in the middle of the grand floridian.

It's all a matter of themeing.

Jekyll

Original Poster
True it is a matter of themeing.. Personally I have no problem with it on the actual boardwalk. IT kind of reminds me of the jersey shore. (Born and raised) But, I don't see what it has to do in the middle of AK? That is the only thing I don't get it just seems to pop out of no where.

-J

WDWFREAK53

True it is a matter of themeing.. Personally I have no problem with it on the actual boardwalk. IT kind of reminds me of the jersey shore. (Born and raised) But, I don't see what it has to do in the middle of AK? That is the only thing I don't get it just seems to pop out of no where.

-J

I like the fact that they're on the boardwalk...although in my opinion you should be able to play for free if you want...(with no chance of a prize).

Jekyll, whether or not I want to admit it...the games at the Animal Kingdom fit with the "THEME" they went with. There is definitely a storyline for the area and I do have to give them credit for tying it in...but I still think it's tacky and doesn't belong in the best themed park in WDW.

disneydudette

its only in AK...in Dino-rama...because they had nothing esle to but in the middle of that area.....

and we must not foget...everything is a money market....and on the buses back to the resort almost everyone from Ak had one of those stuffed dino's....I kinda wanted one too......

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneydudette
its only in AK...in Dino-rama...because they had nothing esle to but in the middle of that area.....

and we must not foget...everything is a money market....and on the buses back to the resort almost everyone from Ak had one of those stuffed dino's....I kinda wanted one too......

Hey there DD, just curious...how much did it cost to play? (if you remember)

Jekyll

Original Poster
Don't get me folks I am sure it may fit with the story line. (only one ride was open and the games so I didn't get the whole picture.) And I am sure there are no barkers. (People who egg you into taking part in these games, but the idea just doesn't seem disney. If some one wants to explain the Theme on this one I would apperciate it.

-J

WDWFREAK53

Ok...well, here's the theme and storyline.

The Dino Institute and Chester and Hester have a "little competition" and Chester and Hester are trying to "steal" tourists from the Dino Institute... So...they built this roadside carnival to attract guests and have people stop before they travel a little further down Rt. 498 (4-98 is when the Animal Kingdom opened) to the Dino Institute. If I'm wrong with any of this please correct me...I didn't really get into it when it was being built because I was totally against the whole area.

bearboysnc

Ok ok... so the theme is Money Hungry Capitalism. The games still could be a little more themed to fit the "Era".

While Dinosaur seems to be present day, Chester & Hester is the past. The Spinner looks like space debris. The rest of the area looks to be from the late forties to the early 50's. (judging from the buildings and the autos parked in the area.)

They really could more effort into these stupid games.

The Route 66/roadside oddities is a wonderful theme. They could even have "desert" animals on display... turtles, lizards etc. Sort of "modern dinosaurs".

disneydudette

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Hey there DD, just curious...how much did it cost to play? (if you remember)

I think it depends......there like the typical games but with disney's pricies.......certain games cost more.....like the water gun game.....others coast less......

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by bearboysnc
Ok ok... so the theme is Money Hungry Capitalism. The games still could be a little more themed to fit the "Era".

While Dinosaur seems to be present day, Chester & Hester is the past. The Spinner looks like space debris. The rest of the area looks to be from the late forties to the early 50's. (judging from the buildings and the autos parked in the area.)

They really could more effort into these stupid games.

People that don't understand "DISNEY QUALITY" enjoy this area...
But you're right...The "time rovers" YES...TIME ROVERS look so futuristic and then you get outside and there are rusty cars from the 40s and 50s...I noticed that too...Oh well, they ALL can't be the Haunted Mansion or one of the Mountains.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneydudette

I think it depends......there like the typical games but with disney's pricies.......certain games cost more.....like the water gun game.....others coast less......

ARGH...this whole area really bothers me...sorry :)

Jekyll

Original Poster
I think maybe it's time to take a poll on this topic...IT's seems split down the middle soem people enjoy a game of chance and think they should be in the parks while others just don't. I wonder what the majority is going to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom