Game show land

DisneyNeighbor

Original Poster
I noticed that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are now on ABC. Does anyone else like the idea of adding a game show section to the Studios. I know Millionaire was just pulled out. I would think there would be a tremendous demand for a whole section. Put in 5 or 6 different game show and you could change shows if something gets popular. You could even do some kid shows and show them on Disney Channel. Then every year they could broadcast live from the theme parks and cross promote being in the parks.

rcapolete

Don't think that ABC owns these shows though. I believe that they are syndicated shows. If that was the case then they would probably need to work out a contract to use them but again not 100% sure

CThaddeus

They are syndicated and owned by Sony. The only one I'm actually sure Disney has any rights to is Millionaire, as it was produced by Buena Vista Television. There may be others, but I don't know what they are.
As for whether or not there should be something like this is DHS, I wouldn't mind seeing one such attraction there again. I liked Millionaire, and I visited the California Adventure version many times. I'm not sure if a new game show attraction would get the head count they're looking for though. If Millionaire wasn't doing well enough for them to keep, I don't know that something else similar to it would do well, either.
They should get the rights to Jeopardy and have two audience members play against Stupid Judy...

Nansafan

Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy have always been on ABC in Chicago as they are syndicated shows. I love game shows and would love a game show land that you could participate in. I made the hot seat on Millionaire at MGM twice, once 64,000 points and the other time 32,000 points. (Yes I said MGM, it will take awhile for me to get used to the new name. We still refer to the TTA as the WEDway Peoplemover from time to time as well.)

PeoplemoverTTA

They should get the rights to Jeopardy and have two audience members play against Stupid Judy...

We were actually roommates. I used to call her "Stupid Ellen."

Sorry, Ellen. We're looking for something more than just an embellishment of what I had already said.

Sign me up for Jeopardy at DHS!

Seriously, though, I loved Millionaire. I was in the hot seat 4 times, and I loved the interactive nature of it. It re-created the "feel" of the actual game show, which is what I would expect in a theme park centered around a studio. I would definitely enjoy another game show attraction (to a much lesser extent, Toy Story Mania will at least have the interactive and competitive element).

the-reason14

I think what the op said about adding a game show that is filmed at mgm and aired on disney channel would be a really good idea. Something similar to what they used to do on Nick when it was worth watching. Like guts, double dare, and some of those other game type shows. I think it would prove well, because I know alot of little kids/tweens would love the oppurtunity to be on disney channel. They could even have guest stars from the shows like Raven or the suite life or something. Im sure that would be a success.

Jimmy Thick

I would love a game show area.

I have fond memories of getting in the hot seat over 20 times at Millionare, the hosts remembering me, and almost always having the high score every time I played.

I remember once when the host remembered me, it was the black lady, and she went into this really funny tangent about how much better than the others I was, to the point where someone in the audience said I should let others have a chance, and the host said to the guy if he was smarter he would be in the hot seat. It was very un-Disney like but the crowd all laughed at this guy. I once had the host who was shorter and a little bald remember me while walking through the park. That guy was really funny.

I miss that show.

mrssparrow

They did this way back when with the /new/ mickey mouse club. it was filmed in the studios... I remember going on a tour of the set during hiatus. Remember... we also had let's make a deal filmed there too! this was all long before millionaire...

BTW, Wheel and jeopardy are on NBC here. :(

maryszhi

omg... they really should...... nickalodean use to at universal, disney should have ones fimled there to. ALso they should bring back reruns of the mickey club , and new ones. Also they should put a channel on satalite that is like the one on the channel they made for that warner cable, which in illinois we dont have, we have comcast. BUT SINCE I HAVE A DIRECT TV system , We DONT GET IT!!!!!

~when you wish upon a star~
~a dream is what your heart makes~

Fun2BFree

How about just a generic Disney trivia gameshow? No rights needed, and they could have several different games to keep the guests coming back. Heck, even have a special kids section where you can answer simplish questions... these are a big hit at ASMu when I visited. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom