Game of Thrones: Season 7

DAR1974

Not the sexiest episode apart from the beginning but it was fine. They always kind of need to tell us where the players are in this first episode.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The ladies were killing it tonight! Great performances all around. Lady Mormont is not having it. I love she talks down to a man 3 times her size and old enough to be her grandfather. Sansa putting Lord Baylish in his place - I'll pretend it was something clever! That opening scene was great! I'm worried about those troops Arya ran into. How far will she go for revenge? The ending at Dragonstone was very dramatic but it seemed dumb to just have the Queen walk into a castle without it being checked out first. Poor same and us with the bed pans - yuck.

21stamps

The ladies were killing it tonight! Great performances all around. Lady Mormont is not having it. I love she talks down to a man 3 times her size and old enough to be her grandfather. Sansa putting Lord Baylish in his place - I'll pretend it was something clever! That opening scene was great! I'm worried about those troops Arya ran into. How far will she go for revenge? The ending at Dragonstone was very dramatic but it seemed dumb to just have the Queen walk into a castle without it being checked out first. Poor same and us with the bed pans - yuck.

Me too. I hope she converts them instead of killing them.

I LOVE Lady Mormon.

I'm worried about Sansa being influenced by Baylish.

Re: Dragonstone.. all I kept thinking was "why was this castle left literally untouched?"
People are killing over castles and there's an empty one just sitting there?lol

Oh and Sam, I had to cover my eyes during a few scenes with him.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I still can't get over that cold open (but was Arya wearing platform boots or something to be the same height as Walder Frey??). A girl got her revenge, and it was spectacular. It was also nice to have that scene with the Lannister troops, because after 2 seasons being beaten around in Braavos, it was sure nice to see Arya receive some honest to goodness kindness from strangers. However, she's going the wrong way!!! She has 2 siblings at Winterfell (which she has had to have heard about by now) and Bran just got to the Wall, so he's bound to come home soon enough.

I am really excited to see where the "Redemption of Sandor Clegane" goes from here. I was actually almost crying during the scene. I guess the real question is where the Brotherhood goes? To Winterfell (I kind of want a 'SanSan' reunion of sorts) or to EastWatch with Tormund (more likely)?

Okay Jaime, what are you doing? Other than calling Cersei out, what purpose are you going to have this season? Really hoping the writers don't butcher his character a la Ellaria Sand.

I was actually pretty happy with that final scene (though now I'm curious as to where Yara and Theon were??), and I liked the lack of dialogue. While I was wondering where the heck everyone was, I suppose all of the bannermen could have scattered after Stannis died. It's not like he had many followers left as it was.

2 final things (that I noticed were missing from a 'standard' Game of Thrones episode): the lack of violence (outside of that cold open) and the lack of nudity (outside of the old corpse that Jim Broadbent and Sam were dissecting). I actually thought "My mom would actually be okay watching this" lol No brothels, no beheadings, no random stabbings. It was eerily calm. But the calm won't be able to last forever.

Looks like we're finally getting that Nymeria/Arya reunion next week!!!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Ok so how do we spoiler tag something?
Click this button:
upload_2017-7-17_9-9-12.png

Then click 'Spoiler'

upload_2017-7-17_9-9-42.png

Enter a spoiler tag (though that's not necessary) and type between the two spoiler brackets :)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Damn good episode. Basically a set up for the season. They sure did stretch out the Frey's/Red Wedding revenge, didn't they?

Euron is pretty entertaining.
The Frey stuff was simply delayed gratification. We all knew what was coming. We saw Arya slice Walder during the 'Previously On'. We all knew the wine was poisoned (since 'Walder' didn't drink and wouldn't let his new wife drink). It was stretched out, but it was worth it, IMO

Euron should be an interesting one. His characterization is a bit different from what we saw in Season 6, but I'm pretty intrigued.
From EW's interview with Pilou Asbæk (Euron's actor):

"Do you sort of feel you have to distinguish yourself from Ramsay?
Ramsay was the new Joffrey. I think Ramsay was a great character and played by a great actor [Iwan Rheon]. But for me, Ramsay is 100 percent evil. I think Euron is not, which makes things a bit more conflicted within him. I’m more like a hooligan.

How has the character changed this season?
Every scene he’s a new guy. The guy you met on the bridge is not the guy at the Kingsmoot, and is not the guy you see with Cersei and is not the guy you see on the ship. He’s different he’s different with different people. This season he’s more charming. He’s much more f—ing enjoying himself. He’s such a f—ing idiot douchebag, an impolite selfish child."

drcasey

I think the purpose of the bannermen scene was to show viewers that not everyone in Kings Landing is evil a la Cersei and the Septon (or however you spell it). There are actually nice people who come from kings landing just trying to get by. Maybe the purpose was to gain viewer sympathy so when we are cheering on Dany to burn down her enemies we take a step back and realize the implications of war.

Also...why does Euron look like a band mate from My Chemical Romance?!?!

I'm rooting for Dany and crew. I like Jon but Queen of Dragons > King in the North

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I think the purpose of the bannermen scene was to show viewers that not everyone in Kings Landing is evil a la Cersei and the Septon (or however you spell it). There are actually nice people who come from kings landing just trying to get by. Maybe the purpose was to gain viewer sympathy so when we are cheering on Dany to burn down her enemies we take a step back and realize the implications of war.

Also...why does Euron look like a band mate from My Chemical Romance?!?!

I'm rooting for Dany and crew. I like Jon but Queen of Dragons > King in the North
Jon doesn't really want to be king he wants to save the world. King just gets him closer to his goal.

drcasey

What do you all think Euron is going after for Cersei's "priceless gift"? I've read some different theories online. My guess is whatever it is it'll be game changing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom