Game of Thrones - Season 6

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well the Lannister army is no longer tied up trying to resecure the Riverlands.. and maybe they'll force the Frey's to chip in and help resecure Kings Landing.

I think the world is a little long on lil King Tommen. I hear a tick tick tick...

Jahona

Original Poster
That episode definitely put the series into warp speed. Things are in motion that we have been waiting for since the first season. Dany finally gets out of Essos, Cersei finally goes over the edge, more people die. I'm still in awe of that.

acishere

good episode. didn't think they'd top the action & suspense from last week. I was right when I said bye bye sparrow. shame about Margery. liked her character.
I was interested in seeing where Margery's plan was going. But I guess they needed to accelerate Cersei into the throne for when Dany arrives.

No more people on both sides that you're rooting for. The lines are pretty well drawn between good and evil. I doubt Jaime will still be on Cersei's side now that she set off Wildfire in the capital. He killed a king to prevent that once and he did not look happy to see Cersei on that throne.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am surprised they went back to cersei I back on the throne... She's pretty isolated. Its setting up to be everyone against her... Kings landing falls... And it's like the war of the five kings again. Almost everyone is aligned with danni...

(Varis I guess has a teleportation portal between slavers bay and dorne)

So what's the line on the dothraki being wiped out at sea? I bet they never land. They will knock danni down again by weakening, or flat out wiping out her armies.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
From Cersi's current view she thinks she's fine. She has no clue about Dany coming. She probably figures the Lannister army can handle any upstart houses that come for her. She thinks she still has the Frey's in charge of the Riverlands, the Vale with Littlefinger and Bolton's up North. She has no idea that everyone is wiped out or switched sides yet.

The time jumps are crazy but they have said that plots in different places line up. Months must have went by in some places.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Even without Ravens... News travels via merchants/traders and that includes news across the sea. Earlier in the books that news can move rather quickly.

Second, her hand of the king is supposed to have a network of spies.

She should know of the news of what happened in meereen and the bolting loss in the north soon enough.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm sure she will know soon I just meant at the time she was crowned she doesn't know.

When I say 'they' - I mean the writers. It feels a bit Deja vu and we've already read this part of the book. Everyone hates her, she seizes power, etc.

Where is her uncle this time? I guess we assume the Lannister army is all with Jamie... And the city guard aligns with cersei based on...? I mean the week before no one would even listen to her... And she doesn't have Jamie there either.

Sure seems like a setup to have kings landing and the lannisters to be taken down.

Not sure what I think of the story regarding leaving the second sons in mereen. Tho it does make sense to not bring mercenaries to westeros who could easily be bought away from danni

The story certainly didn't seem as tight this season... But that has been offset by a number of big reveals and of course some of the big 'moments' we've been clamoring for

jrogue

Going into the last episode I knew something big had to happen, seeing as how they only have what, 14 episodes left over two seasons? I thought the "something big" was that Cersei was going to die. But WOW did that episode deliver on everything else! Holy cow!

I'm hoping Jon finds out about his lineage and he and Dany team up and take down the Lannisters. Margaery was my favorite lady on the show, so I'm really ed that Cersei killed her :mad::mad: she was smart from the very beginning to the very end, so I was disappointed to see her go. Here's hoping Arya kicks her !!

Speaking of Arya, that was the thing that shocked me the most in the episode. I didn't realize she'd get back to Westeros so quickly!

Jahona

Original Poster
Only 13 to 15 episodes left of Game of Thrones. Just two short seasons till we find out if the white walkers will take over the world. :(

RobUK

Like everyone else says, the time jumping was irritating, but otherwise a good episode. The first twenty minutes was excellent, middle was good, and the last twenty was just the director moving the chest pieces into the right places going in to next series.

I'm interesting to see where Sam's story goes - is he going to become an influential character? There's a few interesting rumours flying about.

I hope Sansa doesn't turn heel on Jon. I don't think that fits the growth of her character. They do need a good villain up North, so I suppose a growth in power for Littlefinger would be useful. Well, unless the White Walkers do become more prominent this year.

Talking of White Walkers going forward.. I wonder if they'll have them talk. Otherwise they'll become a bit one dimensional.

Cersei looked like a proper evil queen in the leathers.

Not sure I love Danys faith in Tyrion, especially after it was his lack of judgement that caused the Slavers attack. Yes, he's advised elsewhere, but that was quite the error.

Hopefully Jamie turns fully good and shacks up with Briene, much to poor Tormund's chagrin. Happily ever after and all that.

Arya's bit felt rushed. Couldn't her Faces storyline end a few episodes earlier to make her reappearance that much more surprising?

Welcome back Sand Snakes. You can be interesting now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom