Game of Thrones - Season 6

flynnibus

Premium Member
The show runners said the battle was based on several real battles including battles from the American civil war where people literally had to climb over piles of bodies

Piles of bodies on the fortifications, berms, walls, etc.. climbing over bodies stacked multiple deep on the battlefield.. but the example here was a bit over the top.

The struggle for Jon to recover from the stampede and being piled upon was pretty intense.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Piles of bodies on the fortifications, berms, walls, etc.. climbing over bodies stacked multiple deep on the battlefield.. but the example here was a bit over the top.

The struggle for Jon to recover from the stampede and being piled upon was pretty intense.
The director spoke about that. That section was a last minute change. He had asked for like 45 days to film what was planned, he got 20 something. Then they had such horrible weather he lost close to 10 days, they had only 3 days left and there was no way they could complete what was scripted. I forget where I read the article. It was on some entertainment site.

RobUK

Loved the episode, but my goodness they need to get another baddie to replace Ramsey otherwise we won't have anyone to root against. Everyone's quite greyscale now, even Cersei.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Loved the episode, but my goodness they need to get another baddie to replace Ramsey otherwise we won't have anyone to root against. Everyone's quite greyscale now, even Cersei.

Still have some ed off ladies in Dorne :)
We have the salt dudes who are going to make a mess..
And we still have cranky old Walter Frey who needs to have himself and some incompetent children ran through :D

Jahona

Original Poster
WHATS IN THE TOWER!

I brought this up on Sunday with a friends. The entire flashback plot line was just a huge tease in my opinion. We learn about Hodor's origin and the white walkers but other than that it left a bunch of questions. Almost as bad as an episode of Lost.

flynnibus

Premium Member
WHATS IN THE TOWER!

I brought this up on Sunday with a friends. The entire flashback plot line was just a huge tease in my opinion. We learn about Hodor's origin and the white walkers but other than that it left a bunch of questions. Almost as bad as an episode of Lost.

The tower in bran's flashbacks? That's the Tower of Joy

That's the point in time after they have overthrown the mad king, and they are trying to retrieve/save Lyanna Stark, Edark's sister who had been with the Targaryan Prince Rhaegar.

Lyanna was supposed to marry Ed's bud Robert... but instead went/taken with/by Rhaegar. It's one of the feuding points between the North and the Targaryans.

The point of those flashbacks was to paint a new light on what was the story as everyone had known it about that conflict. Because the story as everyone knew it was only told by the victors... and what happened there had been a point of mystery regarding Lyanna and how she died specifically. It's also a huge hinge point because many believe Jon Snow could be Lyanna's son... taken under wing by Ed at that point.

MereMickey

So would Jon change his name to Blackfire?

That would be interesting. Not sure. I am thinking since the entire show from season 1 has always paralleled Jon and Dany that there may an alliance made there be it marriage (even though technically she is his aunt… BUT this is GoT! :p), dual leadership in another way (least likely) or something with those two where an agreement is reached. I an't believe next week is the last episode and we have to wait another year to the next season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom