Galaxy's Edge Tour Time Recommendations

Gartdog

Original Poster
We will be traveling to Disneyland in mid-October, and visiting on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday. It looks like lines are starting to return to normal, so I am wondering if anyone has visited recently and what people would recommend on when to try the Millennium Falcon ride? My gut says to try to rope drop it, but I also understand everyone else is trying to rope drop it and I have heard the line can be 150 minutes long as soon as the park opens. Has anyone tried this approach and has it worked? Is it better just to wait until later and settle for a long line? Early morning hours better or worse? Any advice or experiences you can share would be helpful!

SuddenStorm

We will be traveling to Disneyland in mid-October, and visiting on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday. It looks like lines are starting to return to normal, so I am wondering if anyone has visited recently and what people would recommend on when to try the Millennium Falcon ride? My gut says to try to rope drop it, but I also understand everyone else is trying to rope drop it and I have heard the line can be 150 minutes long as soon as the park opens. Has anyone tried this approach and has it worked? Is it better just to wait until later and settle for a long line? Early morning hours better or worse? Any advice or experiences you can share would be helpful!

Most days it's no longer then 30 minute standby. Even if it says 45. Should be safe to ride it anytime during the day.

Phroobar

We will be traveling to Disneyland in mid-October, and visiting on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday. It looks like lines are starting to return to normal, so I am wondering if anyone has visited recently and what people would recommend on when to try the Millennium Falcon ride?

This is a prime example of why everyone avoided Disneyland this summer. Everyone thought it would be packed so no one showed up. There was never a line for MF:Target Run. It's been averaging 30-40 minutes all summer since opening and operating very reliability. It's a complete walk on afternoon to evening.

TP2000

Your mid-October weekend sounds like its Columbus Day weekend? If so, that's always a very, very busy weekend. There will also be Halloween parties closing DCA early on Friday evening. Start checking the weekend wait times in early October via the Disneyland App and craft a plan; you will need to have a Fastpass strategy for that busy holiday weekend.

My other advice is that you not rush to Star Wars Land in the morning along with 20,000 others. Go enjoy the rest of the parks before lunch, then in the afternoon wander in to Star Wars Land and it's almost a guarantee that the line for the Falcon will be lower than it was in mid-morning when everyone else rushed there first.

Ismael Flores

evenings are better, the lines are consistent at about 40-45 minutes.

the land also looks pretty amazing at night with all its lighting. the moonlight and lighting really bring out the scale of the rockwork and buildings.

also props are lit up like the cargo ship and millennium cockpit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom