Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Really? That was it?

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Disney destroyed Star Wars....

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

HongKongFu

None of those choices fit.

The placesetting and attention to detail astounds.

Falcon ride severely disappoints and I won't return. I think I'm ready to call it the biggest wasted opportunity in theme park history. All 3 riders in our party found it non repeatable. Ride engineers laid an egg! Better to retire simulators and design coasters and 'dark rides' instead.

That Savi shop is better than any single Potter World shop; the coolest themepark shop I have ever seen.

The Storm Trooper presence and impromptu roaming characters add nicely to the experience.

Very poor choice on creating this quasi desert looking Batuu--- what a bore! Endor, Hoth, Dagubah, Coruscant or Amidala's homeland are light years better settings to use.

Last edited:
It was alright. The detail throughout the land was great, even for someone who isn't a huge Star Wars fan like me.

I'm glad I only waited twenty-something minutes for the Falcon ride. I don't know if I'll ride it again, it wasn't very exciting and I would have been severely disappointed if I had waited longer or had used a Fastpass for it. I'd rather stick to Star Tours.

Cmdr_Crimson

Streets of America made more Sense than Batuu East...If they had done the Muppet Studios area that was planned for it. I think it would have worked well....Heck...I would have liked to have seen Toy Story Mania as Muppet Mania instead...

CAV

The one and only time I got a FP for FoP, I got off that ride and was absolutely floored.
Did MFSR last week and was like, "Was that it?"

Perhaps they used Star Wars "experts" to imagineer it and it ended up a little to much "inside baseball" to appeal to the masses. If I don't ever ride it again, that's ok.

LUVofDIS

As a land, it is amazing. Could something "I" like more have been placed there, of course. Looking at you Muppets, or keeping the light spectacle, which I miss the most.

The ride is okay at best, but that is what it is suppose to be I believe. The next ride is built to impress and should be amazing. I could just walk around the land and be amazed, and no, I am not a huge Star Wars fan. Nor was I a huge Avatar fan, but I love being there after sunset. The attention to detail is on a different level for me at Galaxy's Edge. I will be returning soon to experience the droid build and the light saber build, though I have no idea what I am going to do with these things. Crazy, right? I want the experience I guess.

wdwfan4ver

I am not a hardcore Star Wars fan. I did not do the ride open or spent time in the Savi shop for the lightsaber since I did not want to spend $200.00 on a lightsaber. I was there on my final full day was at WDW and I was not doing to spend 70 minutes waiting in line for the Falcon in early afternoon either. I can not comment on the blue milk or green milk either.

I arrived around noon at DHS on my final full day on WDW property.

I was there at DHS to get an idea of the atmosphere of Galaxy's Edge by looking around since I was at DHS before a Day before the DHS grand opening to the public of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

I thought having some vehicles in helped the atmosphere along with the Characters they used. I thought Disney gave a good impression of you were part of the Star Wars Universe from an atmosphere standpoint.

Last edited:

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I might be the odd man out by saying I loved smuggler's run. I think that it can depend on your position on the ride as well though (pilot is more fun than gunner or engineer, by far). As engineer you just kind of chill in the back and press buttons, whereas pilot completely throws you into the action of the ride.

I had a lot more fun riding it with my entire family than I did riding it alone. I rode it again with my 7 year old son and we were sequestered to the back, while it was still really cool it definitely didn't compare to full family group.

As for the land itself I felt that it was a bit lacking but I'm excited to see what they do in the future. I think the land is beautifully done, the interactions with cast were amusing, the markets and stores were fun and made me feel apart of the universe. I wish I could remember Oga's Cantina but I only remember standing next to Joey Fatone. The jelly is AMAZING there though, definitely suggest trying it. Best thing I've had in the parks period and I'm hard to impress with food.

Edit: I suppose some may take this fact into account when reading impressions - I'm a hardcore SW fan. I've seen all movies, all animated series, and read all current canon novels that have been released (including thrawn treason that was just released). I've also played 90% of the games that have been released. I can probably safely say I'm a megafan and my expectations were high going in.

Link to Galaxy's Edge pics I took (queue and ride):

Last edited:

FettFan

I’ve never known an experience more boring as LMA. My diehard Disney family was one and done on that POS a month after it opened.

The same could be said about Indiana Jones, but that thing has been going on for 30 years.

I just wish they would have used American cars for it. Maybe get a sponsorship from Ford to feature the red Hero car as a Mustang and the black Chase cars being modified Escapes.

Mickey5150

Loved it, loved the ride and will do it again on Monday. The ride is very repeatable since everything in it is reacting to you in real-time. Second time was much better as we figured out the controls. The land itself is so well done although my dad almost got in serious trouble as a member of the 2nd Order.

Mickeyboof

None of those choices fit.

The placesetting and attention to detail astounds.

Falcon ride severely disappoints and I won't return. I think I'm ready to call it the biggest wasted opportunity in theme park history. All 3 riders in our party found it non repeatable. Ride engineers laid an egg! Better to retire simulators and design coasters and 'dark rides' instead.

That Savi shop is better than any single Potter World shop; the coolest themepark shop I have ever seen.

The Storm Trooper presence and impromptu roaming characters add nicely to the experience.

Very poor choice on creating this quasi desert looking Batuu--- what a bore! Endor, Hoth, Dagubah, Coruscant or Amidala's homeland are light years better settings to use.

Can you give examples of the attention to details?

I found the land to sorely lack details.

HongKongFu

Can you give examples of the attention to details

bathrooms
water fountains
rock formations used in the backdrop
paint schemes throughout
costuming
changes in elevation
wall props in shops

just to give specific example: check out the ceiling inside the counter service restaurant, the slain animal heads mounted on the wall in Savi, the old droid parts in an alley. Details are everywhere.

Just like Pandora, much of Disneyland Paris and all of Disney Sea, Galaxy Edge offers detail after detail.

Mickeyboof

bathrooms
water fountains
rock formations used in the backdrop
paint schemes throughout
costuming
changes in elevation
wall props in shops

just to give specific example: check out the ceiling inside the counter service restaurant, the slain animal heads mounted on the wall in Savi, the old droid parts in an alley. Details are everywhere.

Just like Pandora, much of Disneyland Paris and all of Disney Sea, Galaxy Edge offers detail after detail.

Changes in elevation is a great point, but that isn’t a detail.

The slain heads sure.

But rockwork and the land’s paint schemes aren’t details.

There is a lack of detail because once you look over the land once, there aren’t anymore layers to unpack.

Details are individual items or events. They’re specific gestures, not broad strokes. Like the red button in the chess room, or the cone shaped flowers at Cars Land.

Most of what you listed aren’t details. They’re the big gestures. They’re the givens.

I did not walk around Galaxy’s Edge with a blindfold. Perhaps I was looking too hard though, because after one or two walkthroughs, you’ve seen it all. There are no minute details to unpack or explore. There’s only big gestures that look good for Instagram.

Now, details, that’s where Harry Potter comes in. The endless scenes and vignettes of each window, the forced perspective continuation of the streets of Diagon Alley, and the kinetic movement of owls and magic, of letters coming to life and brooms floating. Those are details.

Doc Ondor is full of details. The rest of the land? Not so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom