Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) Entry News

gobstoper27

Original Poster
Hi,
I came across this interesting article in Travel and Leisure today. https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/disneyland-star-wars-land-may-2019
New details are not confirmed by Disney but if they are true, I feel like they could shake up some folks Galaxy's Edge travel plans. Key points:
-One Galaxy's Edge reservation per person, per length of stay
-Reservations in May and June will have a "limited" amount of time in Galaxy's Edge. Length of time has not been confimed.
-Virtual Queue after the initial opening, guests will have boarding passes to enter the land. Pretty much you can visit other areas of DL and when your window opens you can visit GE, sounds like the FP system
- Also mentions a bathroom pass for those waiting in long lines.

If this is indeed true, I foresee some angry visitors!! Especially with the 1 visit no matter the length of stay. You really expect folks to fork over X amount of money to be told they can only enter once?? Especially if experiencing GE is the primary reason for the trip.

Update...apparently some of these details were confirmed at some point by Disney

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Hi,
I came across this interesting article in Travel and Leisure today. https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/disneyland-star-wars-land-may-2019
New details are not confirmed by Disney but if they are true, I feel like they could shake up some folks Galaxy's Edge travel plans. Key points:
-One Galaxy's Edge reservation per person, per length of stay
-Reservations in May and June will have a "limited" amount of time in Galaxy's Edge. Length of time has not been confimed.
-Virtual Queue after the initial opening, guests will have boarding passes to enter the land. Pretty much you can visit other areas of DL and when your window opens you can visit GE, sounds like the FP system

If this is indeed true, I foresee some angry visitors!! Especially with the 1 visit no matter the length of stay. You really expect folks to fork over X amount of money to be told they can only enter once?? Especially if experiencing GE is the primary reason for the trip

This is the only way the numbers work. We know the approximate THRC of Smuggler's Run, and we know the number of rooms DLR has. If they gave an entry pass to each person in each hotel room every day, they wouldn't have enough to give to anyone else and let them get on the attraction.

The obvious easy fix is to move between the DLR resorts each day.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
HA! at first I read this to mean there would be a pass needed to visit a Star Wars Bathroom! lol!!!

Yes it would make sense to have a "hold my place in line whilst I need to potty, so you won't get mad at me when I come back because you think i am trying to cut" pass.

Phroobar

The Star Wars bathroom is called a Refresher.
49b713c44bdc2141e5d481b3c55827059e1e3214_00.jpg

britain

HA! at first I read this to mean there would be a pass needed to visit a Star Wars Bathroom! lol!!!

Yes it would make sense to have a "hold my place in line whilst I need to potty, so you won't get mad at me when I come back because you think i am trying to cut" pass.

Ha! You fools are all lining up for Millenium Falcon. I’VE got a primo spot in the line for a urinal!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, we've been discussing this and more in the main Disneyland Galaxy Edge thread here:

A separate thread isn't really needed I would think.

gobstoper27

Original Poster

hahhhhhh now that you mention it, I could update it, but rereading it, I think it's kind of funny. So it stays:p

gobstoper27

Original Poster
Yes, we've been discussing this and more in the main Disneyland Galaxy Edge there here:

Thanks, I would think you are correct, but I didn't see notice that thread and it's seriously 750+ pages..

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks, I would think you are correct, but I didn't see notice that thread and it's seriously 750+ pages..

Its always on the main Disneyland Forum page, usually toward the top as its very active. And its almost 750 pages because its 3 years old and as stated very active.

fctiger

Yes, we've been discussing this and more in the main Disneyland Galaxy Edge thread here:

To be honest though, maybe its time someone just made a separate thread altogether. Not everyone wants to dredge through hundreds (or actually thousands) of posts to find something or would even know it would be in there since its titled construction and specifics (which could mean any and everything). And when you see the MASSIVE amount of posts and pages it has altogether it probably scares off any newbies away at this point.

There really should just be thread created talking specifically about the opening of the land and information people may need now that we are less than two months away and I suspect more people will wander in looking for that.

freebird72

I am really curious to see how they will be assigning reservation windows to hotel guests. There are so many logistical variables to account for: You may be staying at the hotel for 3 days/2 nights (like Friday, Saturday, Sunday), but what if you are arriving at 7PM Friday and leaving 9AM Sunday? What about groups traveling together with multiple rooms? What if you made ADRs already (we are within the 60 day dining reservation window for part of this initial opening period)?

They keep saying we will learn about the reservation system later...but time marches ever closer to May 31st.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To be honest though, maybe its time someone just made a separate thread altogether. Not everyone wants to dredge through hundreds (or actually thousands) of posts to find something or would even know it would be in there since its titled construction and specifics (which could mean any and everything). And when you see the MASSIVE amount of posts and pages it has altogether it probably scares off any newbies away at this point.

There really should just be thread created talking specifically about the opening of the land and information people may need now that we are less than two months away and I suspect more people will wander in looking for that.

Problem though is you then start having the same conversation in multiple threads for the same topic which becomes confusing. We already have too much of that around here, no reason to actually force that to happen with a new thread.... ;)

fctiger

Problem though is you then start having the same conversation in multiple threads for the same topic which becomes confusing. We already have too much of that around here, no reason to actually force that to happen with a new thread.... ;)

I mean this one will specifically be about the opening itself. I get people don't want to have 20 threads opened but that other thread is still mostly about the construction and details of the land. I think its appropriate to have a thread (which this is doing) which lays out stuff about the reservation system, who is planning to go or any info related to just that.

As it gets closer that's what people will want to know about. No one wants to trudge through a thread of 15,000 posts trying to find relevant information. Sure the regulars know where all that stuff is, I'm thinking of newer posters who just want information specific to the opening and have a discussion about it.

But I guess this could just be that thread lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I mean this one will specifically be about the opening itself. I get people don't want to have 20 threads opened but that other thread is still mostly about the construction and details of the land. I think its appropriate to have a thread (which this is doing) which lays out stuff about the reservation system, who is planning to go or any info related to just that.

As it gets closer that's what people will want to know about. No one wants to trudge through a thread of 15,000 posts trying to find relevant information. Sure the regulars know where all that stuff is, I'm thinking of newer posters who just want information specific to the opening and have a discussion about it.

But I guess this could just be that thread lol.

Eh..

fctiger

LOL OK. But yeah, I'm sorry if you are someone who is just coming because you want to know about specific information about the openings, no one in their right mind is going to look through a topic of 15,000 posts, especially one that doesn't spell it out. Most would simply create a new one, hence this thread.

No one in my family would even THINK to look at that thread or assume its going to be about reservations. Or they wouldn't spend more than five minutes trying to find it. They would look for a post that specifically said openings. I'm thinking about people like that who doesn't live on message boards.

But sure if you are here everyday, and you are peaking to the said thread 10 times a day, actually like reading all the miniature, , then you don't count. I'm talking about just people who come for specific information.

But as I said, I don't know why THIS thread just can't be the place since its now up instead of making more.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
LOL OK. But yeah, I'm sorry if you are someone who is just coming because you want to know about specific information about the openings, no one in their right mind is going to look through a topic of 15,000 posts, especially one that doesn't spell it out. Most would simply create a new one, hence this thread.

No one in my family would even THINK to look at that thread or assume its going to be about reservations. Or they wouldn't spend more than five minutes trying to find it. They would look for a post that specifically said openings. I'm thinking about people like that who doesn't live on message boards.

But sure if you are here everyday, and you are peaking to the said thread 10 times a day, actually like reading all the miniature, , then you don't count. I'm talking about just people who come for specific information.

But as I said, I don't know why THIS thread just can't be the place since its now up instead of making more.
Honestly you’re making more of a deal about this than the OP. It’s not that big of a deal which is why I responded with eh...

You want to post here go ahead I ain’t stopping you.

fctiger

Honestly you’re making more of a deal about this than the OP. It’s not that big of a deal which is why I responded with eh...

You want to post here go ahead I ain’t stopping you.

OK no worries. And as I said twice now, this very thread could be used for that information. We don't even have to make another thread, its already here if people want to post about reservations or entry news. I'm only saying its nice to give people a real header and without 15,000 posts lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom