Galaxys Edge "camping out"

Khcuttin

Original Poster
I was told by a person VERY high up in Disney NOT to believe the rumours about Disney allowing people to camp out before Galaxys Edge opens. She said that it was a liability and that unless it is preplanned with the police department ( sheriffs), that absulutely NOBODY was going to be "camping" before Galaxys Edge opens. She also said that people are listening to "You Tubers" who are giving out bad information to people. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! Only listen to an official posting from Disney. They know its going to be insanely busy and they are trying to come up with a plan that is SAFE and smooth for guests. Please do not believe rumours, these bloggers WANT you to listen to them but they KNOW NOTHING because even the highest people still don't know exactly what the plan is for opening day. Follow what Disney announces, not a "Disney bloggers" bad info from their maintenance man friend, who works at the parks, bad info.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was told by a person VERY high up in Disney NOT to believe the rumours about Disney allowing people to camp out before Galaxys Edge opens. She said that it was a liability and that unless it is preplanned with the police department ( sheriffs), that absulutely NOBODY was going to be "camping" before Galaxys Edge opens. She also said that people are listening to "You Tubers" who are giving out bad information to people. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! Only listen to an official posting from Disney. They know its going to be insanely busy and they are trying to come up with a plan that is SAFE and smooth for guests. Please do not believe rumours, these bloggers WANT you to listen to them but they KNOW NOTHING because even the highest people still don't know exactly what the plan is for opening day. Follow what Disney announces, not a "Disney bloggers" bad info from their maintenance man friend, who works at the parks, bad info.

I would agree with this, I don't see Disney letting people line up at DHS until the morning of opening. As for Disneyland, I am not sure how much control they have of the street right outside the park entrance.

Khcuttin

Original Poster
I would agree with this, I don't see Disney letting people line up at DHS until the morning of opening. As for Disneyland, I am not sure how much control they have of the street right outside the park entrance.
My husband works for the Sheriff department and they are not happy about the bloggers telling people to camp out. Its possible, but not without the Sheriff Departments FULL support, and they don't have it. Bathrooms, water, medical services, etc all these things need to be met prior, and as of this moment they are not. Things change by the minute with Disney though, so its a wait and see scenario.
Anyway..have fun and enjoy if you go!!! Its sounds amazing!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My husband works for the Sheriff department and they are not happy about the bloggers telling people to camp out. Its possible, but not without the Sheriff Departments FULL support, and they don't have it. Bathrooms, water, medical services, etc all these things need to be met prior, and as of this moment they are not. Things change by the minute with Disney though, so its a wait and see scenario.

Which sheriff deparment, California or Florida?

imarc

The roads on Disney property are all private right?

Couldn't they just trespass anyone on property camping out? Get that message out and I bet it cuts way down on it.

mousehockey37

People camp outside of Best Buy for days ahead of Black Friday.... what's the difference?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The roads on Disney property are all private right?

Couldn't they just trespass anyone on property camping out? Get that message out and I bet it cuts way down on it.

Depends which Disney we are talking about. At WDW, yes, at Disneyland I am not so sure.

mouse_luv

Because apparently

concern-troll-300x300.jpg

eliza61nyc

people are going to camp out regardless to whether Disney wants them or not. maybe not on site but they'll be somewhere. crazy fans have been doing it since forever. every time apple announces something they camp out. they were in front of movie theaters all over town for the new Avengers movie. really didn't understand that one since tickets where sold out on line the day before but they came.
Jay zee has his made in America festival every year, every year there are folks in line the day before..

these are just "examples" only folks

it's what fans do.

GlacierGlacier

???
you mean unless you have a reservation for the ride you can't visit HS at all?? not that I would want too. lol
Disneyland is operating under a reservation system. For the first few weeks of operation, only guests with a specific reservation are allowed in, and only for a certain amount of time.

Whether WDW will follow is yet to be determined.

imarc

Slightly related, the RetroWDW podcast had an entertaining episode about the opening of DHS and How Bowers and Hoot Gibson attempting to be the first people at the park. It seems to me that Disney was completely unprepared at the time for people trying to camp out (though at this time it was like just 3am the day of opening) and kept making them move. I think they got burned in the end because they were allowed to park early but all the way in the back, and then later other people got in front of them because they were allowed to park closer. Hearing people talk about camping out just sparked that memory.

Tick Tock

Why even camp out? The park is brand new and will have glitches and bumps as the CMs get used to it.
It's not like the park is going anywhere.
The same reason people waited in insane lines opening day for Potter at IOA, TSL, and Pandora, despite the fact they could get the same experience and ride quality, without as much craziness, had they waited a month later. The same reason bloggers fought over who got to drive into the DS parking garages the moment it was allowed.

5232019c.jpg

dX927

The same reason people waited in insane lines opening day for Potter at IOA, TSL, and Pandora, despite the fact they could get the same experience and ride quality, without as much craziness, had they waited a month later. The same reason bloggers fought over who got to drive into the DS parking garages the moment it was allowed.

View attachment 375292

The refurb on the Aladdin camel looks amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom