Galaxy Edge phases poll

What is your opinion on Galaxy's Edge being open in two phases?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patcheslee

Personally I'm not planning a trip during that time. A month ago a coworker said his DW was looking into Halloween visit this year and when I told him there was a slight possibility of SWGE being open then he was happier. (Not much of a Disney guy) I gave him the update about opening when I saw him today and mentioned that 1 of the 2 rides would open later than the other he seemed less enthused. He wants to see the whole land because that is an interest for him. He did mention maybe putting off vacation plans though.
Think it will come down to "we will go again" vs "it took X years to save, we can put it off and see this too" for many.

winstongator

Those not liking it, what if the options were presented for WDW: (1) partial opening Labor Day weekend or (2) full opening the week after Thanksgiving.

toonaspie

I kinda wish they had done the phase/split opening with Pandora. Cause from what I understand Navi River Journey was on the recieving end of the budget cuts made to the land resulting in that ride being smaller in size and scope from what it could have been.

Same could also be said for elements of Toy Story Land. It's not a big deal to have every single ride or thing in the land open. I'd rather have it done right than have it on time.

Bocabear

I don't get who would actually like the "opening in phases" plan... So you go see one of the attractions and have to go back at a later date to see the other? With the crazy crowds that they are expecting the first few months,(and beyond) it would make sense to have more than one attraction open... Honestly with the way they have been hyping this new area, they should have a third attraction in production right now.
I am sure this is going to be just like the Pandora addition...as grand as it is there will not be enough capacity. They should revisit the ideas from Plectu's Galactic Revue in a carousel theater with a Star Wars character overlay. That would eat a lot of people...and help flesh out the land so it is not just violence and battle...

Last edited:

drod1985

Those not liking it, what if the options were presented for WDW: (1) partial opening Labor Day weekend or (2) full opening the week after Thanksgiving.

I don't see why option 1 (suprise, it's open early!) is a problem for anybody who'd prefer option 2 (previously planned opening time frame).

Don't want to visit without both rides open? Then wait for the originally announced opening time frame of late fall and you'll be able to go just as you were planning before the phased opening was announced. And better yet, crowds might be 2% better than they would've been since there was an earlier partial opening!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
IMO this was planned all along. This helps control things a little better (well, maybe) AND gives them two massive openings $$$

it'll be interesting to see how HS handles these types of crowds

Dutch Inn '76

IMO this was planned all along. This helps control things a little better (well, maybe) AND gives them two massive openings $$$

Does it really "give them two massive openings"? The crowds are going to massive for at least a year either way, right? I would think it just lets them break it in slowly, allowing them to work out the kinks more easily.

ThistleMae

Personally I'm not planning a trip during that time. A month ago a coworker said his DW was looking into Halloween visit this year and when I told him there was a slight possibility of SWGE being open then he was happier. (Not much of a Disney guy) I gave him the update about opening when I saw him today and mentioned that 1 of the 2 rides would open later than the other he seemed less enthused. He wants to see the whole land because that is an interest for him. He did mention maybe putting off vacation plans though.
Think it will come down to "we will go again" vs "it took X years to save, we can put it off and see this too" for many.
I do think this is the argument for some...should we go now, or wait...because saving up for two trips close together is not within our means.

Janir

This gives people that really want to come and see the land a date to come but it will also keep some of the people out until the next ride is opened. It helps artificially spread out the crowd some so that they can figure out how to manage the crowds in general when everything is open and running. What will the natural people flow patters develop as? what seems to be more popular at what times? Are there any synergies between what's happening in SWGE and the area around it that they can take advantage of, like SWGE are funneling themselves out to go to ToyStory Land for XX at 3:30 pm.... Lets offer more of XX at 12 and 6 pm to draw a few people out.

ThistleMae

This gives people that really want to come and see the land a date to come but it will also keep some of the people out until the next ride is opened. It helps artificially spread out the crowd some so that they can figure out how to manage the crowds in general when everything is open and running. What will the natural people flow patters develop as? what seems to be more popular at what times? Are there any synergies between what's happening in SWGE and the area around it that they can take advantage of, like SWGE are funneling themselves out to go to ToyStory Land for XX at 3:30 pm.... Lets offer more of XX at 12 and 6 pm to draw a few people out.
I hope it does reduce the # of people attending. We shall see. I can't wait!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Does it really "give them two massive openings"? The crowds are going to massive for at least a year either way, right? I would think it just lets them break it in slowly, allowing them to work out the kinks more easily.

that's true... but I was thinking how many of those guests lined up for day 1 will also now be lined up for the opening of the next ride too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom