Galaxies Edge in January 2020

BFiggy

So I've been waiting all my life to see a live version of Star Wars and It's finally coming.
I know the crowds are going to be bad, but how bad do you think they will be in January and February of 2020?

DisneyJoe

It is opening in "winter 2019" which can mean anything from early November to December 20ish, most guesses are putting just before Christmas.

My guess is that it will likely be packed until at least Sept/October 2020, if not longer - just look at Pandora.

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

Crowds will still be huge at that time. However, if you're really excited for it, then I say come up with a plan and go for it. Crowds aren't likely to be small any time within the first year sans for a few outlier days.

Upvote 0

BFiggy

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I know how it's going to be deep inside I was just hoping for a different answer. Getting a little old and don't want to wait until I can't enjoy it, so I guess I will deal with the crowds.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Thanks guys! I know how it's going to be deep inside I was just hoping for a different answer. Getting a little old and don't want to wait until I can't enjoy it, so I guess I will deal with the crowds.
If budget isn't an issue, I'm sure there will be options available for purchase to ensure that you get into the land and on to the rides...

Otherwise, FP+ and an on-property resort stay are a must.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
It is opening in "winter 2019" which can mean anything from early November to December 20ish, most guesses are putting just before Christmas.

My guess is that it will likely be packed until at least Sept/October 2020, if not longer - just look at Pandora.

It’s opening in “late fall”, not “winter”. But your actual dates are probably as narrow a timeframe as we can have right now.

Upvote 0

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Otherwise, FP+ and an on-property resort stay are a must.

Agreed... I was at Pandora a few months after it opened... crowds were crazy, but getting a FastPass for the attractions wasn't that bad (when booking FastPasses the moment they became available). Between FastPasses during the day and EMH at night, we got to see everything we wanted. There WILL be crowds for at least the first year or so, but if you're primary intent is just to be able to ride the rides, FP+ and an on-property stay will be the key.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
January overall should be typical crowds, lighter than most months, but DHS will still be a hot mess. Like others have said, just get their at rope drop or FP it if possible, but be prepared for 3 hour waits ala FOP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom