G.I.Joe vs. Cobra: The Experience...Universal Bound?

Sundown

Original Poster
At the big annual convention of the IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks And Attractions) this weekend, Dynamic Attractions announced & showed their all-terrain "dark ride" vehicle...which looks impressive. They also hinted at a property being tied to this, the classic good guys vs. bad guys story of G.I.Joe vs. Cobra! (a favorite of mine since childhood).

No specific mention of a park, but Hasbro (the owner of G.I.Joe toys) and Paramount (the movie company that has the rights to G.I.Joe movies) both have a presence already at Universal. Especially with the Hasbro property Transformers.

So...what do you think...is it a potential for Universal? Those-in-the-know? @marni1971 ?

Here is some info:

https://twitter.com/DynAttractions?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

DOspP9zX4AAXt5E.jpg:large

DOxP_JdVAAEiZ3c.jpg:large

DynAttractions

JoeCamel

At the big annual convention of the IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks And Attractions) this weekend, Dynamic Attractions announced & showed their all-terrain "dark ride" vehicle...which looks impressive. They also hinted at a property being tied to this, the classic good guys vs. bad guys story of G.I.Joe vs. Cobra! (a favorite of mine since childhood).

No specific mention of a park, but Hasbro (the owner of G.I.Joe toys) and Paramount (the movie company that has the rights to G.I.Joe movies) both have a presence already at Universal. Especially with the Hasbro property Transformers.

So...what do you think...is it a potential for Universal? Those-in-the-know? @marni1971 ?

Here is some info:

DOspP9zX4AAXt5E.jpg:large

DOxP_JdVAAEiZ3c.jpg:large

DynAttractions

With 450+ acres to fill everything has Universal possibilities. This is certainly a contender

And here is a post on Instagram from a designer for Dynamic Attraction. A built Cobra HISS Tank!!!

That tank is a set piece. Won't and can't move

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

There are cases where a ride vendor acquires the rights to a property and the rights to sell a turn key attraction. It is most common with 3D movies, but you’d definitely see it walking around the IAAPA show floor.

Sundown

Original Poster
Thanks for that info, lazyboy97o. Didn't realize that was part of how a ride maker may make their attraction appeal as a turn-key ride.

Man...I would so love a Gijoe Vs. Cobra theme park ride. There is such a great story and so may cool elements, characters and vehicles to mine from the G.I.Joe and Cobra sides.

Bairstow

Color me highly skeptical. This feels more like a placeholder theme intended to sell ride hardware, not a turnkey attraction. Anyone with enough money to purchase the kind of ride systems Dynamic Structures sells (Disney, Universal, and very few others.) would only make such an investment if it were also tied to promoting an IP they can benefit synergestically from. Optimistic talk of turnkey attractions aside, does Dynamic even have staff onboard to produce such things yet, or would it all have to be subcontracted out?

lazyboy97o

Color me highly skeptical. This feels more like a placeholder theme intended to sell ride hardware, not a turnkey attraction. Anyone with enough money to purchase the kind of ride systems Dynamic Structures sells (Disney, Universal, and very few others.) would only make such an investment if it were also tied to promoting an IP they can benefit synergestically from. Optimistic talk of turnkey attractions aside, does Dynamic even have staff onboard to produce such things yet, or would it all have to be subcontracted out?
Dynamic Attractions got into attraction design a few years ago. That is all about expanding into smaller parks. Miner’s Landing, home of Wings Over Washington, is hardly a big park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom