FYI- temporary photopass/character change at Tusker House

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just thought I'd pass on the info- Tusker is doing a test for the next few weeks. They have removed Donald from in front of the restaurant and he is now meeting at tables inside. The photopass picture will still be taken outside but it will be of your group only, no character. Its currently just a test no word on whether this will be a permanent change yet.

Mawg

I like this idea much better. It allows for the kids to have more interaction with Donald. It sounds more like what they do at Chef Mickey's. They should get a Donald Statue for the group picture. That way they do not have to worry about Donald having his eyes closed or making a Goofy face.

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
I bet you this will lower PhotoPass sales and quickly be shelved as a "terrible idea."

Yeah I think you're probably right. He was originally moved from inside the restaurant to outside to increase photopass sales in the first place.

He doesn't sign autographs outside to avoid holding up seating, so the cast would always send guests to meet Donald at Camp Minnie Mickey. Once camp closed he was supposed to move to the boat dock location which is planned to be a fastpass only location. So when (if) the new fastpass only meet and greet opens at the boat dock cast won't be able to send the guests there for their autographs. It will be interesting to see what the long term solution ends up being.

Allygator

Well now I noticed they just add the photo pass/memory maker to your vacation like it's part of the package. I wonder how many have it and don't realize it.

Moedutton

That's how it worked when we were there last April. It definitely cut down on our wait time. Our girls were just as satisfied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom