FW, POR or DVC in late October?

pbrsaau

Beginning the planning of a trip for the 5 of us October 24-31. Stayed at FW cabin last year and our three boys loved it. Priced it out and with a 5 day pass comes out to $5,900 (insane). POR is $4,600. We've stayed at POR many times and enjoy it also. Thinking about renting DVC points - would like to stay at AKL, OKW or SS. Thoughts or opinions? Not doing the dining plan unless it is offered free then - too much food. No room discounts currently out that far. I could stay off property but would rather not. If we stay at FW I'll likely drive from Ohio and take our bikes. If stay anywhere else likely fly and use ME. Thanks!

We rent DVC points when we go. If you stay at. AKL make sure to request a room closest to the lobby! They have a shuttle to get from Kidani to Jambo. Pools are great SS is a large spread out resort. So we drove from building to building there. It was nice being ale to walk to Disney Springs. OKW is also very large, but their rooms are a little larger. Renting points is the way to go to save money at a deluxe resort!

Upvote 0

ELG13

We only stay at the cabins so I would vote for them Everytime. Depending non where you live, you might want to look into annual passes. I was surprised that APs saved us $400 on our one trip alone. October was always our favorite time to go but now it's peak season pretty much and the rates are crazy! We ended up moving to the end of September and that saved us a good chunk as well (if your dates are flexible). After staying in the cabins and having that space and privacy I dont think we could ever atay somewhere else... especially considering the price difference for other moderates was like $40 a night when we are going.

Upvote 0

pbrsaau

Original Poster
We only stay at the cabins so I would vote for them Everytime. Depending non where you live, you might want to look into annual passes. I was surprised that APs saved us $400 on our one trip alone. October was always our favorite time to go but now it's peak season pretty much and the rates are crazy! We ended up moving to the end of September and that saved us a good chunk as well (if your dates are flexible). After staying in the cabins and having that space and privacy I dont think we could ever atay somewhere else... especially considering the price difference for other moderates was like $40 a night when we are going.
We had a great time staying at the Cabins last trip. Cost is currently just silly for that week and we are limited to going then.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom